Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 07-14-2016, 02:41 PM   #1
Dave900rr

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
ADM Performance

I've been trying to call ADM Performance for the last 2 days, and no answer. Does anyone know if they are closed for vacation or something? I'd like to order the LT4 supercharger kit.
Old 07-16-2016, 03:37 AM   #2
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave900rr View Post
I've been trying to call ADM Performance for the last 2 days, and no answer. Does anyone know if they are closed for vacation or something? I'd like to order the LT4 supercharger kit.
Yeah. Im in the same boat. Spoke with the owner 3wks ago and was supposed to get an email to send a down payment on an LT4 package and havnt heard anything since..... Makes me second think it all....

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:53 PM   #3
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
ADM customer service sucks and pretty much everyone knows that -- Andy doesn't really care about that sort of thing -- however I will say he knows his stuff when it comes to engines. I spent over 10,000 at his shop and could never get a return response other than sarcastic remark. He actually referred me to another shop since he consider the work on the same build too small

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2016, 09:28 PM   #4
SSSHYBOY

Drives: 2SS convertible, black,black
Sounds like exactly the shop that "nobody" needs no matter how good he is.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:33 PM   #5
clanky
Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro 2S

Drives: 16 Hyper Blue2SS NPP MagRide 6M NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
ADM customer service sucks and pretty much everyone knows that -- Andy doesn't really care about that sort of thing -- however I will say he knows his stuff when it comes to engines. I spent over 10,000 at his shop and could never get a return response other than sarcastic remark. He actually referred me to another shop since he consider the work on the same build too small

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welp I for sure don't want to deal with a shop like that.
Old 12-22-2016, 03:01 PM   #6
SSFanboy

Drives: 2016 Camaro A8 2SS w/Maggie
I'm not trying to defend Andy or dispute your experiences with him, but I wanted to share my experience as well. In e-mail, and to a lesser extent over the phone, I got the impression that he was probably an A-hole. He can be slow to respond to e-mails. His responses were very short, and he didn't seem interested in volunteering a lot of information. He has such a good reputation on the Camaro forums that I decided to give him a shot in spite of my first impressions...and I'm glad I did. When I went to pick up my 2016 Camaro SS (Maggie install), he was very personable, and we struck up a great conversation. He's the polar opposite of the guy I expected to meet. He answered all of my dumb questions and volunteered a lot of help info.
Old 12-22-2016, 06:58 PM   #7
BravoMyles

Drives: Blue/Black 2017 1SS
Not to start anything, but I know several cars that have blown as a result of ADM in the last few months. Tunes were set to dyno-queen status with sensors muted and whatnot. I can provide more info if anyone wants to PM me.

2010 2SS - Summit White - SOLD
CAI intake, Borla Atak axle-back (Summit xpipe resonator delete), custom ported TB, Texas Speed 1 7/8" LT Headers w/ Catless connections

Instagram: bravomyles
Old 12-22-2016, 08:14 PM   #8
SSFanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoMyles View Post
Not to start anything, but I know several cars that have blown as a result of ADM in the last few months. Tunes were set to dyno-queen status with sensors muted and whatnot. I can provide more info if anyone wants to PM me.
Just picked up my car from ADM today after having the Magnuson Heartbeat SC installed. Andy claimed that none of the Maggies have had blown engines unless the owners went searching for more horsepower with unapproved mods that voided their Magnuson warranty. I have no plans to void the warranty so at least I know I have the Magnuson warranty for 3 years. The only other mod I'm making to the car is 285/30/20 wheels front, 305/30/20 back, and Nitto tires. Depending on how it looks, I may go for some lowering springs.

But hey, I'd be happy to hear anything you have to say. If there are issues, I certainly want to hear about it. Thanks!
Old 12-22-2016, 10:21 PM   #9
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
I called him several times to discuss my build and left several texts and emails. Happened to get a hold of him on the phone once and I will say he knows his sh*t without a doubt. His customer service is beyond horrible, and his pricing (at least to me) was far beyond reality for a fairly simple build. I really wanted him to do my car because he is so knowledgeable but he literally attempted to bend me over a few times (price wise) and when I questioned it got a half sarcastic email back. Went with Renegade Motorsports in Houston who was almost 7k less than Andy AND they are doing more work (forged bottom end) and I'm still 7k less than Adm labor only.
Again I'm not bashing the guy nor claiming he blows engines up. I'm just stating my personal exp with him. He does know the lt platform and has an edge on them but his customer service and pricing Lawd have mercy.
Old 12-23-2016, 08:04 AM   #10
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
It is tough to find a shop that knows this platform and is realiable and trustworthy. There are stories on this forum that are both good and bad and this car has only been around for about a year. I have had great experiences with the two shops I've worked with, but one of them mysteriously disappeared and left some customers with cars unfinished. That has been the way this industry has gone since I've been involved in aftermarket performance starting in 1998.
Old 12-23-2016, 08:25 AM   #11
1LE801
"Lohla"

Drives: 2016 1SS A8 :"Lohla"
A shop that is busy and won't get back as fast as you like, though frustrating, is actually a less than horrible thing in my opinion. So long as it's not several days or something. This isn't exactly like going to McDonalds. This shit is beyond complex. The number of people that TRULY know their stuff is scarce, relatively speaking. Blown up cars on the other hand are a little more scary. It does happen but I'd have to see hard evidence before I ever blamed a shop. People tinker and mess their shit up sometimes.

I'm curious to see how this thread progresses.
Old 12-23-2016, 11:28 AM   #12
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
In Andy's case several people (including myself) leave several messages over a weekly period with nothing returned. He might return emails and texts sporadically (very non professional) but he will almost never talk on phone, or answer. Communication is his biggest issue next to his pricing.
Old 12-23-2016, 11:48 AM   #13
BravoMyles

Drives: Blue/Black 2017 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE801 View Post
A shop that is busy and won't get back as fast as you like, though frustrating, is actually a less than horrible thing in my opinion. So long as it's not several days or something. This isn't exactly like going to McDonalds. This shit is beyond complex. The number of people that TRULY know their stuff is scarce, relatively speaking. Blown up cars on the other hand are a little more scary. It does happen but I'd have to see hard evidence before I ever blamed a shop. People tinker and mess their shit up sometimes.

I'm curious to see how this thread progresses.
I personally know the two cars that blew. As in, I know more about the details than most people due to being around the owner through the whole process. Trust me, the hard evidence is there. I'm leaving out a lot of details for privacy reasons and whatnot.

2010 2SS - Summit White - SOLD
CAI intake, Borla Atak axle-back (Summit xpipe resonator delete), custom ported TB, Texas Speed 1 7/8" LT Headers w/ Catless connections

Instagram: bravomyles
Old 12-23-2016, 01:25 PM   #14
SSFanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
In Andy's case several people (including myself) leave several messages over a weekly period with nothing returned. He might return emails and texts sporadically (very non professional) but he will almost never talk on phone, or answer. Communication is his biggest issue next to his pricing.
Yeah, his customer service may be less then stellar at times, but one thing worth mentioning is that Andy has a very small operation. The first time I dropped off my vehicle, only one person was there - one of Andy's workers. When I picked up my vehicle, Andy was by himself working on another Camaro. He said his worker's father had passed away. In any case, I now understand why he's so bad about answering the phone and replying to e-mail. He's in the shop bustin' his ass on the vehicles and probably can't be bothered with anything else. I'm not familiar with any other reputable shops in my area unless I want to drive for 1-2 hours so I'll tolerate delayed responses to e-mails.

Last edited by SSFanboy; 12-23-2016 at 06:02 PM.

Closed Thread