Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 09-08-2015, 09:43 AM   #29
MrImSoFly

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS
Do what you can afford. If you can afford the 1SS as well as the options you prefer get that. If you prefer the equipment in the 2SS but cannot afford then go for the 2LT. Just think about it in the long run. Which car is going to cost you more over the next few years and can you afford that.
MrImSoFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:45 AM   #30
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
So I'm going to be that voice of reason....somewhat lol.

Your original budget is 35K. Yes that 2LT blows that out of the water. But a 2SS with auto and NPP will push 44 - 45K.

Are you fine with that???

If you really can afford it just fine but wasn't originally wanting to spend that much, then sure, by all means go for it. But if you budget doesn't allow it, then you need to consider other options.

I was sort've in your boat (but this was before pricing was revealed). I was leaning towards loaded out V6, but I'm getting some discounts on my car, which finally made the decision for me, and I went with a 1SS, including NPP and A8 for $39,xxx. A loaded V6 with all the options I had wanted originally would have cost me exactly the same.

I wanted to stay under that number, (not b/c it would be a financial burden, but its just the number I choose to stay under) and if it wasn't for discounts I would've had to give up something on even the V6 model.

So....if budget IS a concern, you need to be thinking 1SS, or be willing to pull out an item or two on the V6. It just sucks so bad that the ZN2 package has so much in it that it costs $2,800. All I really wanted out of that is the HUD and the 8" drivers configurable display. Thank God the 8" driver display is standard on the 1SS...that made me very happy lol.

This V6 is going to be awesome, and the NPP sounds awesome as well. Nothing wrong with owning the V6 when it will be as fast or faster than the 05 - 10 Mustang GTs, and with a few mods will likely give stock L99 Camaros a good run. But then again, its not a modern V8 either.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:44 PM   #31
Tushar

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLWin View Post
I do have to add my responsibility tangent I suppose. I don't know your finances, all of us comes from vastly different lifestyles with different goals and priorities. Car advice? Absolutely listen to these guys, we are all passionate and know more than 99.9% of the salespeople you will ever meet. Only you know your personal position right now, don't let a bunch of random people talk you into spreading yourself too thin. It will more than likely cost you about $150 more a month between payments, gas, insurance to own a V8. For some of us, that's an inconsequential dollar amount, for others that could mean the difference of losing everything if life happens.

By all means, it's a car not an investment. Get what you will enjoy, but don't put your personal future in jeopardy all because some guys on a forum told you to, I can see a really funny look coming from a bankruptcy trustee.

Let us know what you decide, and more importantly love what you decide.

Thats a very good advice.....Appreciate it!
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:05 PM   #32
oustaz

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro
No way ill be spending 39k for a v6!!!! rather get a 1ss
oustaz is offline   Reply With Quote