Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-22-2016, 11:47 PM   #15
G701LE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 IBM silver stipes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodywerks View Post
If you ran the car at idle for long just before pulling the plugs, or really if you have run the car much at all with headers and no tune, then that is unburned fuel mixed with carbon you're seeing there. The car tends to run rich in the lower rpm band with headers and no tune.
I wouldn't worry about it. But I'd get that thing tuned sooner than later...
This^
That's what I was thinking. Looked rich, not like oil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soybeanrice View Post
Yea thanks guys, I think its related to the holdover throttle body im using making the entire setup run even more rich (along with the rich tune) due to less air coming in. I'm positive that it is fuel around the threads and the rich tune is starting to foul the plugs.

The clean electrode is probably because theyre still really new plugs... hopefully it all burns off or i have to get a new set of plugs. I know I should be running leaner once the new stuff comes in. Ill take off a plug just to see whats up.

I went for a drive last night to see if I could clean off the plugs by driving aggressively and I guess its running so rich that it cant burn anything. I dont want to go WOT on this different TB, but I went to 4k and after about 10 minutes of driving I starting getting misfire and bogging/exhaust detonations.. I'm just gonna let it all dry out and and wait for parts
I would just baby it until your parts come in. One of those electrodes looked black to me. Good luck!

Mods = Not enough....
G701LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 12:38 AM   #16
Soybeanrice

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by G701LE View Post
This^
That's what I was thinking. Looked rich, not like oil.

I would just baby it until your parts come in. One of those electrodes looked black to me. Good luck!
Yeah, I think it was the angle of the picture... the electrodes were all clean, just the threads and the ring were wet. Definitely rich and you guys confirmed it.

I have to make a drive to get my stripes replaced under warranty. 40 minutes both ways and someones going to drive the car... ugh. I guess i have to put like a stick note saying dont drive it hard or idle it lmao
Soybeanrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 06:48 AM   #17
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Being that you have headers and what other mods? I would be running the tr6ix and be tuned with a 160 thermostat etc etc....
Old 05-23-2016, 07:58 AM   #18
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
I'm not too sure what the fuss is about, some oil on the threads is normal. Clean them up with some brake clean, dab a little anti-seize on them and slap them back in.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote