Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-22-2018, 05:57 PM   #1
Cmax

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS FIFTY convertible
Door dings and chips?

My Silverado and Yukon have trim strips on the fenders and doors to protect from doors that bang against it.... I never worried or even really cared much, because they’re Trucks and if they look too clean and dent free, your not working hard enough....lol
BUT.... my SS I do care, and it’s unprotected. I also read on this forum about how easy it is to chip the paint.....
I have a flawless car right now, as I park only in places that I think will have no one next to it....
A lot of you are using as a DD....are you full of dings and chips, or are the doors fairly forgiving?
Does anyone have a cool looking door trim?
Cmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 06:02 PM   #2
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
I understand what you are saying but just park away and hope for the best. If it does get dinged the door can be repaired by dent/ding doctor paintless remover for cheap. The doors are not too bad, the quarter top panels under the back seat window is another story. You can ding that by just pressing on it with minimal force. My Camaro will be 3 years old soon and no chips unless in the bumper area or windshield. Also lastly, please dont ruin the look by adding any door trim crap. Its just not worth doing IMO. Enjoy either way bud!
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 06:16 PM   #3
Cmax

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS FIFTY convertible
The last generation vette had body color door trim that wasn’t too bad...but I agree, the idea of door trim (even door edge) isn’t really an option.
But geez, I remember back in the day, most Levi’s had rivets, and my 69 Camaro was like a magnet... it was like the thing to do.... lean on max’s Car to drink beer!....lol
Cmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 08:43 PM   #4
DanSnow

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT 2.0T
I've daily driven my car for over a year now and haven't had anyone ding my door. I also don't bother parking far away from other vehicles. The only chips I've gotten is 1 or 2 rock chips from highway driving and 1 chip on the edge of the door that i did myself.

I opened the door into my leg and the edge of the door hit my pocket where my phone was, and I was very surprised that the paint chipped from that.

I understand you want to keep your car pristine, but cars are meant to be driven and eventually shit happens. I don't feel its worth the stress worrying about if someone is going to ding my door.
DanSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 09:55 PM   #5
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
So far so good 5 weeks in. DD m-f in covered parking. I back in because no front sensors with that chin under bumper & the clean Hyper blue really catches attention. Newest car in the row too. I hope I have good luck on zero door dents.
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:01 PM   #6
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
If you want to control paint chips then Expel. I wish I would not have waited two years to do mine. Do front end and rockers. The doors just park away from everyone.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote