Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 07-29-2022, 10:38 PM   #1
pablo.escamaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro LT1
Exhaust Question

Will a muffler delete void my warranty? I have a non npp LT1 and want it to be louder. I’ve looked at Borla Atak and the AWE Track but I’m unsure. Any help would be appreciated!
pablo.escamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 02:24 AM   #2
Hostile_1LE

Drives: 2020 Camaro SS 1LE | Satin Steel
Technically it shouldn’t. Realistically it’s up to each dealers’ own discretion. Typically people have no issue with as much as a cat back. I have a cat back and haven’t had any hassle with a dealer yet… (I have the AWE track edition non resonated and it sounds very good.)
Hostile_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 03:59 AM   #3
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo.escamaro View Post
Will a muffler delete void my warranty? I have a non npp LT1 and want it to be louder. I’ve looked at Borla Atak and the AWE Track but I’m unsure. Any help would be appreciated!
I have this set up, muffler delete on a non npp LT1. Muffler delete should not void your warranty. I have not had any issues, but I never take my LT1 to the dealer. By the way, AWE track is basically just a muffler delete.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 09:12 AM   #4
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo.escamaro View Post
No. Performing this mod will not void your warranty.

If your suspension fails will they say your exhaust caused the fail? Of course not, that would be ridiculous and impossible to prove.

If your exhaust tip melts or you have some sort of exhaust issue, they can easily say your mod caused it and not cover THAT part....but your overall warranty is still valid and in tact.