Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

AWE Tuning

Old 07-27-2022, 08:02 AM   #29
sr71bb

Drives: 2019 Camaro Z-28
OK of the ones you mentioned The Chin group and SCCA both would be very good groups to run with. SCCA is a little more structured and as you progress I would run in their Time Trials series group.

Track Night in America is the LEAST structured and it is fun but they pretty much let you run with whatever group you put yourself in which CAN be a little IFFY with some people not belonging in with the faster groups for instance.

My LEAST favorite group would be The Driver's Edge. That group is run like military exercise with VERY tight time schedules and classroom sessions . There is very little regard for how fast you can run. That can be very IFFY in that regard.
https://youtu.be/c9M5UHDftcA
4-15-23 at SCCA TT U1 Class

MEGA Thread on THIS car:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602092

Retired Cars BELOW:
1973 Camaro, 1969 Camaro, 1969 Camaro SS RS
2010 Camaro SS with 1000HP F1R, 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
sr71bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 01:25 PM   #30
turbo_jimbo

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
I wish I could run the Glen...
turbo_jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 01:05 PM   #31
BMoneyMan

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE
Surprised no one mentioned NASA yet.

I run 90% of my events with NASA - either Northeast or Mid-Atlantic. I think they put on good events. The schedule is in favor of the racers, but it all goes by fast and the company is usually pretty good.

In reality, though, if you want maximum track time and minimum PITA factor find a group and run on a Thursday or Friday. Way less car count and usually people that come on a weekday stand a higher chance of knowing what they're doing. Just my humble opinion.
BMoneyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 03:01 PM   #32
Kmeleon

Drives: 2018 NFG 2SS 1LE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoneyMan View Post

I run 90% of my events with NASA - either Northeast or Mid-Atlantic. I think they put on good events. The schedule is in favor of the racers, but it all goes by fast and the company is usually pretty good.

In reality, though, if you want maximum track time and minimum PITA factor find a group and run on a Thursday or Friday. Way less car count and usually people that come on a weekday stand a higher chance of knowing what they're doing. Just my humble opinion.
I'm probably going to run with NASA in October at the Glen since Hooked on Driving is insisting on a 3 day minimum sign up currently. I can deal with 2 days but 3 days is just too much for me.

Has anyone ran with Mass Tuning TrackFest? They seem to be out of New England but they do run at WG as the last event in October.
Kmeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 04:38 PM   #33
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoneyMan View Post

NASA was mentioned on the 1st page by three different folks.

NASA really is region dependent. Some are awesome, some are OK.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is online now   Reply With Quote