Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-11-2022, 05:55 AM   #1
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Sunroof Bug Net

Probably a dumb question. One of you guys that have a sunroof. When you retract the glass back does the bug net pop up above the roof line? I just noticed mine is not doing that. When I look at it, the net is not snaged. So if it is supposed to go above the roof line, there has to be something going on with the actual mechanism. Can you send me a pic of what yours looks like with glass retracted back please.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 09:42 AM   #2
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Probably a dumb question. One of you guys that have a sunroof. When you retract the glass back does the bug net pop up above the roof line? I just noticed mine is not doing that. When I look at it, the net is not snaged. So if it is supposed to go above the roof line, there has to be something going on with the actual mechanism. Can you send me a pic of what yours looks like with glass retracted back please.
Bug net? Are you talking about the wind deflector? Those are generally spring loaded to lift up and the roof pulls them down when/as it closes. If yours isn't raising up when the roof opens, there's likely either something it's caught on or the spring mechanism has broken.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 08:03 PM   #3
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Bug net? Are you talking about the wind deflector? Those are generally spring loaded to lift up and the roof pulls them down when/as it closes. If yours isn't raising up when the roof opens, there's likely either something it's caught on or the spring mechanism has broken.
Yes... Wind Deflector... It does spring up a bit, but it doesn't lift up above the roof line, so ya, something isn't right. I'll have to dig into it a bit and see what I can figure out.
Old 06-12-2022, 08:09 PM   #4
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Yes... Wind Deflector... It does spring up a bit, but it doesn't lift up above the roof line, so ya, something isn't right. I'll have to dig into it a bit and see what I can figure out.
I can't comment on the Camaro (since I have a convertible), but they don't go above the roof line (or don't go much above the roofline) in all cars. If you aren't getting wind buffeting when driving with the roof open, there may be no issue. It's only purpose is to disrupt the airflow to kill the buffeting.
Old 06-12-2022, 09:53 PM   #5
blgravely

Drives: 2022 Camaro SS 6sp
It doesn’t go up much Jamala. Definitely not above the roof line like other cars. Here’s some photos of the mechanism operating correctly and what not:
Attached Images

blgravely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 05:33 AM   #6
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by blgravely View Post
It doesn’t go up much Jamala. Definitely not above the roof line like other cars. Here’s some photos of the mechanism operating correctly and what not:
AWESOME... Thx bigravely..! I thought it was suppose to stick up higher then that for some reason, but that is exactly what mine does to. Guess I was totally wrong! Thanks so much for the pics...

Quote:
I can't comment on the Camaro (since I have a convertible), but they don't go above the roof line (or don't go much above the roofline) in all cars. If you aren't getting wind buffeting when driving with the roof open, there may be no issue. It's only purpose is to disrupt the airflow to kill the buffeting.
You were exactly right also ember..! Not sure why I was thinking it should stick up above the roof line.
Old 06-13-2022, 08:41 AM   #7
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
You were exactly right also ember..! Not sure why I was thinking it should stick up above the roof line.
Honestly, I feel like most people don't even know that deflector is even there. Consider yourself a step ahead of the pack.
Old 06-13-2022, 09:26 AM   #8
jamala00

Quote:
Honestly, I feel like most people don't even know that deflector is even there. Consider yourself a step ahead of the pack.
I'll do that...
Old 06-13-2022, 06:04 PM   #9
Bob RS

Drives: 2019 Camaro RS 1LT
Does not go beyond the roof line.
Attached Images

Bob RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 05:49 AM   #10
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob RS View Post
Does not go beyond the roof line.
Awesome... Thx for taking the time to take pics and post!