Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 02-26-2022, 08:42 PM   #1
armycop71
Love my Satin Steel LT-1!

Drives: 6-Speed LT-1...
My review of the PLYCAR shipping experience...

As some of you may know, I placed an order at my local dealer that was not picked up in 3 months, still at 1100 status as of today. So, I bought a pre-existing dealer order from a dealer in Clarkston Michigan, Bowman Chevrolet, about 500 miles from my home in Kentucky. Great dealer, sold at MSRP minus rebates, no games.

But now, it was time to find a way to get her home. She landed at the dealer on 2/16/22. I contacted Reliable Carriers first, because I saw their ads on the TV classic car auctions. They gave me a pick-up estimate, and said they would let me know within 2-8 weeks when they would have a truck ready to pick up the car. I am impatient, so I decided to give another carrier a call.

I called PLYCAR logistics (2/16/22), and they told me that they could get the car picked up by the end of the next week (the 21st to the 25th). So, I gave them my credit card info, and they said it wouldn’t be charged until after delivery, and it wasn’t charged as promised. Monday the 21st rolls around and I give them another call to see if it was dispatched yet, and the date of pickup. They told me that they could get me a pick-up date on Wednesday, they would call me back.

Wednesday rolls around, and no call up to 3pm. I call them to find out the pickup date, and they tell me the truck will be there around 5pm Thursdsay (2/24/22). I let my salesman know, and he would be there for the pickup. Thursday afternoon creeps by, and at 5pm, no truck. 5:30, no truck. So, I contact the office again, they start to sound annoyed and say the truck is about an hour away. The dealer closed at 6pm and the salesman had to pick up his kid, so we reschedule for Friday morning (2/25/22). The office says “first thing in the morning” they will pick it up.

Friday arrives, and my salesman texts me at 10:48am, no truck. I call the office again, and the annoyed person answering the phone said he would call the driver and find out where he was. At 12:19pm, the truck arrives at the dealership, and I get a text from my salesman. Still no call back from the PLYCAR office. The car is loaded and is sent on its way. From this point, I have the myChevrolet app, and can locate the car on its trip.

The car transport is moving South until about midnight, and finally stops in a truck stop for the night. Saturday, at 11:56am, I get a call from the driver, very pleasant, and says he is about 2 ½ hours away. I am thrilled and keep tracking the car until he gets to the drop-off location. The truck gets to me at 3:01pm, and I get the car, in perfect condition, clean without a scratch. We B.S. a little about the car and he told me how much he liked the car when he pulled it off the truck. There was an Audi R8 and a MB G-Wagen on the back of the truck when I peeked in it.

So overall, I would give the PLYCAR office folks a 2 star out of 5 rating, didn’t really provide much in the way of customer service. I would give the driver a 5 out of 5 rating, not a hitch with the actual pick-up and delivery. I would definitely use PLYCAR again, just avoid the unhelpful office folks as much as possible and deal with the driver. Still can’t believe the car’s in the garage now. The only hiccup was that the dealer forgot the temporary registration, so I can’t drive it more than around the block until Monday.

Name:  Plycar 1.jpg
Views: 1297
Size:  318.7 KB

Name:  Plycar 2.jpg
Views: 1074
Size:  338.9 KB

6-Speed Man|Carbon Flash Wheels
Technology Pkg|NPP|Satin Blk Pkg
ZL1 Rock Guards|Red Knee Pad Set
PBC LT1 engine built by Debi Lewis
armycop71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 07:37 AM   #2
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Congratulations! Looks awesome! I have had a couple of cars shipped to me previously. It's always a little nerve racking while they are in transit. Luckily both previousl times my cars arrived with no issues.

I was originally going to have my car shipped to me too. However, the delivery to the dealership kept getting delayed and when it finally arrived at the dealership the shipping companies I got quotes from where non commital about when they could pick up the car. The dealership even tried to find someone. Ultimately, I was available to pick the car up on Saturday, February 19, the weather was great and my son was able to go with me. So we made the 12 hour round trip and got the car.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 08:26 AM   #3
Kblanton2

Drives: Camaro 2SS, Jeep Gladiator Willys
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPirate View Post
Congratulations! Looks awesome! I have had a couple of cars shipped to me previously. It's always a little nerve racking while they are in transit. Luckily both previousl times my cars arrived with no issues.

I was originally going to have my car shipped to me too. However, the delivery to the dealership kept getting delayed and when it finally arrived at the dealership the shipping companies I got quotes from where non commital about when they could pick up the car. The dealership even tried to find someone. Ultimately, I was available to pick the car up on Saturday, February 19, the weather was great and my son was able to go with me. So we made the 12 hour round trip and got the car.
So glad you got your car with no issues. I remember you because we are both in NC and I told you "stay away from my car, pirate" or something like that. My wife and I did a 3 hour trip to TN and spent the night so we could pick it up Monday morning. We drove home and I was able to stop by the tag office and had my real tag by end of the business day same day.

Great to know about the Plycar folks too considering my first find was 1600 miles away in CO.
Kblanton2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 09:15 AM   #4
Gnuchoice I

Drives: 2022 Chevrolet 1SS 1LE SGM
My SS 1LE will be ready for pickup Wednesday in northern Wisconsin. I’m having PlyCar deliver it to NC. I gave the dealership PlyCar’s number and PlyCar the dealers. I’m just going to sit back and be patient. As long as the car gets here without damage, I’ll be happy.
Gnuchoice I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 10:39 AM   #5
ZPirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblanton2 View Post
So glad you got your car with no issues. I remember you because we are both in NC and I told you "stay away from my car, pirate" or something like that. My wife and I did a 3 hour trip to TN and spent the night so we could pick it up Monday morning. We drove home and I was able to stop by the tag office and had my real tag by end of the business day same day.

Great to know about the Plycar folks too considering my first find was 1600 miles away in CO.
Thanks! Yes, I remember your post about me being a pirate and staying away from your car. LOL! Glad you got your car as well. You must live on the western side of the state. I live on the eastern side. Ironically l purchased my car from a dealership about an hour south of Charlotte.
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
Old 02-27-2022, 10:44 AM   #6
ZPirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnuchoice I View Post
My SS 1LE will be ready for pickup Wednesday in northern Wisconsin. I’m having PlyCar deliver it to NC. I gave the dealership PlyCar’s number and PlyCar the dealers. I’m just going to sit back and be patient. As long as the car gets here without damage, I’ll be happy.
I know the anticipation is killing you! You should be fine using a professional carrier. They do this all the time. Like I said in another post I've had a couple of cars delivered before with no issues. Hopefully you will have your car in the next couple of weeks.

Also appears we need to start an NC 1LE club with all the 1LE's we are bringing into the state.
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
Old 02-27-2022, 06:50 PM   #7
armycop71

Quote:
Your car is in good hands if the PLYCAR driver is like the guy who delivered mine. When he heard the exhaust sound from the NPP at a cold start, I think he was smiling as much as I was. He was very careful getting it off the truck, and had a bunch of high-dollar cars in the back of the trailer. Mine was probably the cheapest car in there by far, but got to me in perfect condition and as clean as if I took delivery at the dealer.

Old 02-28-2022, 04:28 PM   #8
Gnuchoice I

Dealer called and said PlyCar was picking the car up tomorrow morning at 8:00 am.
Old 03-02-2022, 09:51 AM   #9
armycop71

Quote:
Dealer called and said PlyCar was picking the car up tomorrow morning at 8:00 am.
So did you get the car?

Old 03-02-2022, 11:03 AM   #10
silstream

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by armycop71 View Post
From this point, I have the myChevrolet app, and can locate the car on its trip.
Thanks for the update re: PLYCAR. I'm just curious how you managed to track the cars location with the mobile app as I presume OnStar needs to have been activated first to enable this?

cheers,
Pete.
2022/01/25: 3800 Built!
2022/01/26: 4300
2022/01/27: 4B00 (Hood-wrap)
2022/01/28: 4200 (Shipped from Grand River -> Toledo, OH - ready for train)
2022/02/22: Tour of the US by train (currently in Grand Island, New York)
2022/03/03: Rail-ramp offload at Kent, WA
2022/03/11: Arrival at dealer
2022/03/17: Collection! (3.5 months from date of order with allocation to collection)
silstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 12:16 PM   #11
armycop71

Quote:
Originally Posted by silstream View Post
Thanks for the update re: PLYCAR. I'm just curious how you managed to track the cars location with the mobile app as I presume OnStar needs to have been activated first to enable this?

cheers,
Pete.
Yes, I bought the car as soon as it was invoiced to the dealer to lock in the financing and rebates. Right after purchase I got an email to activate the myChevrolet app and the OnStar. In the app, you can click on the "More" button on the bottom then "Vehicle Locate".

I could see it sitting in the factory lot, then when it moved to the dealer. I tracked it all the way home when the transport truck had it. You can set up alerts when the car leaves or enters a location. Pretty cool app, but I don't have the remote start function because it's a manual though.

Old 03-02-2022, 01:02 PM   #12
Gnuchoice I

I’m very happy I read this thread because I’m tracking my car via OnStar and the myChevrolet app. Great info!
Old 03-02-2022, 05:34 PM   #13
silstream

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Quote:
Yes, I bought the car as soon as it was invoiced to the dealer to lock in the financing and rebates. Right after purchase I got an email to activate the myChevrolet app and the OnStar. In the app, you can click on the "More" button on the bottom then "Vehicle Locate".
Very helpful thanks. I'll follow up with my dealer as they wanted to complete all the paperwork before February month-end close so it's technically already mine (status shows 6000 - Delivered to Customer, even if it's still in transit like yours was) but I've had no email invite to join myChevrolet yet (even though I completed the forms for OnStar registration). I've added the VIN to the app but it's telling me to press the OnStar button in the car to finish registration!

cheers,
Pete.
2022/01/25: 3800 Built!
2022/01/26: 4300
2022/01/27: 4B00 (Hood-wrap)
2022/01/28: 4200 (Shipped from Grand River -> Toledo, OH - ready for train)
2022/02/22: Tour of the US by train (currently in Grand Island, New York)
2022/03/03: Rail-ramp offload at Kent, WA
2022/03/11: Arrival at dealer
2022/03/17: Collection! (3.5 months from date of order with allocation to collection)
silstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 07:04 PM   #14
MuscleCarMike

Drives: 68, 69 Firebirds, 14 & 22 Camaros
Quote:

I could see it sitting in the factory lot, then when it moved to the dealer. I tracked it all the way home when the transport truck had it. You can set up alerts when the car leaves or enters a location. Pretty cool app, but I don't have the remote start function because it's a manual though.
Great info right there! Thanks!

4B00-1/28/22; 4200-Shipped! 3/5/22; On it's Way! In North Platte, NE 3/11/22; Train is rolling through Wyoming 3/14/22; Arrived at final train stop in Kent, WA 3/22/22; Arrived at dealer 3/24/22; Pick up 3/26/22!!! Finally...the agonizing wait is over...
MuscleCarMike is offline   Reply With Quote