Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-26-2018, 11:29 AM   #15
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedhead View Post
Now you have.

I listened to the engine and had an eye on the tach.

Even with the higher end auto, sometimes they'll use the paddles. Same scenario.

Yes, but its much easier to click a paddle to shift a automatic trans versus performing a no lift manual powershift. I have made many passes down the track speed shifting and can get by just fine with out a shift light, flat foot powershifting is another story and for me requires no distractions.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 11:33 AM   #16
lt4camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedhead View Post
Now you have.

I listened to the engine and had an eye on the tach.

Even with the higher end auto, sometimes they'll use the paddles. Same scenario.

You have the talent that I do not have, and I am trying to avoid the eye on the tach all the time.
Old 05-26-2018, 09:19 PM   #17
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
I have been using this great plug in shift light for a month now. Its completely programmable, and plugs right into the diagnostic port. You can mount this light anywhere, it also unclips from the adjustable stand so you can mount the light itself where ever with felcro.

https://www.speedhut.com/about-shiftlights.html
Thanks for posting that. Looks like a nice alternative to staring at the tech during a 1/4 mile run. It is a bit expensive though.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:23 PM   #18
lt4camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
Thanks for posting that. Looks like a nice alternative to staring at the tech during a 1/4 mile run. It is a bit expensive though.
I bought mine on ebay for $133, free shipping.

And that's what I do not want to do, stare at the tach or some different colored rolling lights. And its a plug in
Old 05-26-2018, 11:54 PM   #19
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
For those of us with the HUD, this doesn’t make sense. If you don’t have a HUD, then sure, if this is your thing, I could see that. The HUD is very much an in-your-face indicator, especially when the shift lights kick in. If you can’t see that, without having to directly look at it, I can’t help you.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:00 AM   #20
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
only the ZL1 and the 1LE have the shift light in the HUD. SS does not have it.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:26 AM   #21
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
I have been using this great plug in shift light for a month now. Its completely programmable, and plugs right into the diagnostic port. You can mount this light anywhere, it also unclips from the adjustable stand so you can mount the light itself where ever with felcro.

https://www.speedhut.com/about-shiftlights.html
Can please post a picture of how you have yours mounted? Also, what model of shift light did you get?
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote