Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-13-2018, 07:32 PM   #1
1le32907

Drives: Summit white 1le ss
Iroc hood anyone have one installed yet?

Hey guys on week 10 or 11 waiting on this hood. Trying to see if anyone has yet to receive a window hood or a non window hood. Haven’t gotten a reply from mark in a week and rksport has not returned my call or email. Debating if I should cancel or wait it out.
1le32907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 05:57 PM   #2
Mighunter

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
I'm 8 weeks in. I haven't bothered to check on my order because my car is stored on my lift for the winter but I hope I get it eventually!!!
Mighunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 06:14 PM   #3
1le32907

Unfortunately I first told 4-6 weeks for fiberglass and wasn’t planning on doing the window version but would do a one off then he showed on the site and with the 30 off I ended up paying more for it with shipping than others. It was suppose to be setup for some video shots and I’ve basically had to move those out indefinitely. I don’t get how 4-6 weeks has now turn d into almost 3 months ive even tried to see if I could get a none window version faster. I really like this hood but I can’t ever get time bound date. Plus not getting a response for a week and rksport just ignoring my call and email is very frustrating. If it was a one man show still I could understand these things.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:28 PM   #4
Arugon

Drives: Summit White Camaro SS
Ordered a hood on Oct 23, still haven't heard anything so I'm gonna ask Mark about it. Also waiting on a spoiler I ordered in Aug, but thats a different story as it was still in development when I ordered it.

Last edited by Arugon; 01-14-2018 at 07:49 PM.
Arugon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:03 PM   #5
1le32907

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arugon View Post
Ordered a hood on Oct 23, still haven't heard anything so I'm gonna ask Mark about it. Also waiting on a spoiler I ordered in Aug, but thats a different story as it was still in development when I ordered it.
Hopefully you get more of a response than I got which was the CNc windows were not done yet but did not have any time line. I’m starting to think the hood isn’t even ready. If you reach out to the general email you get a response we will check and never hear back
Old 01-14-2018, 08:11 PM   #6
Arugon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1le32907 View Post
Hopefully you get more of a response than I got which was the CNc windows were not done yet but did not have any time line. I’m starting to think the hood isn’t even ready. If you reach out to the general email you get a response we will check and never hear back
Mark's been pretty decent with responding to my emails over the past few months, sometimes I gotta message him a couple times before I get a response or it takes a few days when he's out of town or something.

He just replied to my email like 10 minutes ago and told me that hoods from a week prior to mine have started shipping so mine should be close, he's gonna get an ETA for me Monday.

To my knowledge all the Iroc molds were lost in the LA fires, RK should have some at their facility though so there may be a production issue as it is a brand new product for them. I only say this because the ZL1 1LE spoiler I ordered is a new product for them and they have ran into multiple unforeseeable production issues they have been trying to resolve.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:15 PM   #7
1le32907

Quote:
Mark's been pretty decent with responding to my emails over the past few months, sometimes I gotta message him a couple times before I get a response or it takes a few days when he's out of town or something.

He just replied to my email like 10 minutes ago and told me that hoods from a week prior to mine have started shipping so mine should be close, he's gonna get an ETA for me Monday.

To my knowledge all the Iroc molds were lost in the LA fires, RK should have some at their facility though so there may be a production issue as it is a brand new product for them. I only say this because the ZL1 1LE spoiler I ordered is a new product for them and they have ran into multiple unforeseeable production issues they have been trying to resolve.
Which hood did you order?
Old 01-14-2018, 08:16 PM   #8
Arugon

Quote:
Which hood did you order?
The Fiberglass Scorpion hood which is one of their original hoods they've been making for years now so it's in a completely different boat from the Iroc's.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:17 PM   #9
1le32907

Quote:
The Fiberglass Scorpion hood which is one of their original hoods they've been making for years now so it's in a completely different boat from the Iroc's.
Yea I’m regretting selling my Anderson hood now
Old 01-14-2018, 08:20 PM   #10
Arugon

Quote:
Yea I’m regretting selling my Anderson hood now
Oh you had that one? That was gonna be my first choice but I couldn't bring myself to spend nearly double what I paid for the Scorpion hood. And I would have wanted to paint the larger part of the hood white to match my car so that would have been another added cost.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:24 PM   #11
1le32907

Quote:
Oh you had that one? That was gonna be my first choice but I couldn't bring myself to spend nearly double what I paid for the Scorpion hood. And I would have wanted to paint the larger part of the hood white to match my car so that would have been another added cost.
Most places selling it around 1400 shipped which isn’t bad. I would be really only another 400 more for paint on that one. Im looking at the copo Anderson one now since this is taking way longer than promised when I purchased it.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:27 PM   #12
Arugon

Quote:
Most places selling it around 1400 shipped which isn’t bad. I would be really only another 400 more for paint on that one. Im looking at the copo Anderson one now since this is taking way longer than promised when I purchased it.
Goodluck seeing out of your car
Old 01-14-2018, 08:29 PM   #13
1le32907

Quote:
Goodluck seeing out of your car
I know lol I only drive to shows or track or the shop. I’ve seen a few cars with it
Old 01-14-2018, 09:27 PM   #14
Oramac2016

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS
Seeing and reading about all of you guys having issues getting your hoods..... Im glad I didnt order. Even the normal time stated of 6-8 weeks for a hood is a long time to me. What are they? Made-to-order?