Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 06-28-2017, 11:22 AM   #15
reeper

Drives: 2010 HD D/A, 2015 Z06, 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Ed View Post
I actually thought about that, but my main use of the car is "grand touring" verses track. (Maybe some track time in the future.) BMR components are great and I'll be adding in some bits and pieces from them later on. I chose the FE4 kit mainly because its engineered as a total package and well proven. My guess is GM did some homework on matching the FE4 spring rate with the torsional rate of the sway bars.

I'll give the FE4 sway bars a try, but if they don't cut it, it's not that big of a deal to swap them out for the BMR items.
For GT you'll be fine then and you'll love it.

My thinking was like yours and I just did the BMR springs right away.
OEM Blackout tail-lamps
OEM SEMA Grille
35% window tint
Black glow-tie
BMR Suspension (Pretty much everything)
ACS rear-deck spoiler
Rotofab CAI
Lolly-pop red rotors by Madison Powder Coating
reeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:42 AM   #16
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
I did do the 1le kit its not enough. just did BMR adjustable sways. i need to play with it. right now im at stiffest in rear middle front and think ill want to go to the stiffest front. I dont like any sway. and i want no understeer.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 10:17 AM   #17
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Ed View Post
That looks like the same approach I'll be taking. Still thinking about the control arms and toe rods, but I can always add them on later.

I pulled the trigger on ordering the 1LE kit even though I have a '16. I'm running an E-force supercharger which adds about 100 lbs to the front. The heaver spring rate in the front will be welcomed. Worst case is even if the BCM programing doesn't come through, several folks here have convinced me the performance and ride quality won't be a problem.
Ed, I'm anxious to know your thoughts on the 1LE kit on your '16SS. I have a Magnuson blower on my '16 MRC equipped SS. I can really feel that extra weight on the front of the car. Even with the weight, it's still the best handling car I have ever owned but I would like to regain what I lost handling wise when I installed the blower.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote