Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-22-2016, 09:50 AM   #29
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAmx2 View Post

Great info, thanks
Not to derail the thread but I had one question/observation, I thought I read that you couldn't/shouldn't jack or lift a 6th gen from the aluminum subframes/engine cradle only the pinch welds? Was I misled/didn't understand correctly or does it apply to floor jacking only?

Thanks
No worries man, honestly I thought that only applied to jacking it up off the ground but you maybe right...not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
LesBaer,
Looks like you have 20k or less in parts/labor and have your car exactly how you want. Better deal than a ZL1. =)
Yeah, it's perfect right now (except for that piece of caution tap that blew under my car on the highway and melted onto the exhaust!).

When I got it back and did that first real test, I got that warm feeling inside like I got when I first picked up the car after getting the supercharger. It's like someone unlocked a part of the car. It takes off so strong now. It's feels so balanced now and tight in back. I might have to take it to the track for a day.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 10:16 AM   #30
BMR Suspension

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I'm glad to hear you are so happy with the car, Les! If you go to the track please let me know how it does.
BMR Suspension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 12:54 PM   #31
NickJRE

Drives: Nothing Fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAmx2 View Post

Great info, thanks
Not to derail the thread but I had one question/observation, I thought I read that you couldn't/shouldn't jack or lift a 6th gen from the aluminum subframes/engine cradle only the pinch welds? Was I misled/didn't understand correctly or does it apply to floor jacking only?

Thanks

That applies to jacking the vehicle only.
NickJRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 12:59 PM   #32
TransAmx2

Drives: '98 Pontiac Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickJRE View Post
That applies to jacking the vehicle only.
great,thanks for the feedback, i figured that might be the case, but didn't see it stated anywhere
2007 Z51 Corvette M6 (Salvage Project Car)
1987 Trans Am 350tpi A4 RIP
TransAmx2 is offline   Reply With Quote