Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-06-2015, 09:25 AM   #15
Thebeezwax

Drives: Has 4 wheels
I find this interesting that your dealer is the only dealer in the country who has actual order guides available... they aren't up yet. Probably speculation on options and such just like us dealers did with the new C7 Vet.... did you actually SEE with your eyes, the order guide or just discuss the options that MIGHT be available?

Not trying to call BS..... again on another thread for ordering but I configure order units for my dealer and there is no list of options for the buyers guide uploaded to GMGC.

I am stoked for you tho... I can't wait to configure mine!!!!
Thebeezwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:00 AM   #16
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebeezwax View Post
I find this interesting that your dealer is the only dealer in the country who has actual order guides available... they aren't up yet. Probably speculation on options and such just like us dealers did with the new C7 Vet.... did you actually SEE with your eyes, the order guide or just discuss the options that MIGHT be available?

Not trying to call BS..... again on another thread for ordering but I configure order units for my dealer and there is no list of options for the buyers guide uploaded to GMGC.

I am stoked for you tho... I can't wait to configure mine!!!!
I ordered through the new sales car manager for the dealer, he does basically all of the ordering of their vehicles. He actually showed me his screen while he was logged into Global Connect. He selected the trim for '16 and all of the options came up, simple check boxes. We were able to see all of the options that are available, but when he went to submit, which he knew was going to happen beforehand, it saved that is couldn't be submitted at this time to GM. He said that he was save it and let it sit out there, but he will have to manually submit it when the time comes for orders to be able to be submitted to GM. He made a print out of the order, let me see if I can get a copy of it, not sure if he is allowed to do that or not. I have bought 4 or 5 vehicles from this dealer, they are a very large dealer, they usually win the Southeast division for most sales every year. He also said that he receives allocations from GM every Thursday, so he checks every Thursday for all vehicles needed, so he will obviously be keeping an eye out for when the orders can be submitted if he doesn't hear or find anything out before then.
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 11:37 AM   #17
Thebeezwax

GM sends allocations to all dealers every Thursday... Here is what happens when I select my ordering for the 16 Camaro... not trying to be troublesome but with the THOUSANDS of people on here... someone (like myself) would post the entire actual order guide for the car....
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2015, 11:38 AM   #18
Thebeezwax

and if they really do have the ACTUAL order guide... they certainly have the "upper" hand with all 4000 other Chevy dealers...
Old 07-06-2015, 11:39 AM   #19
Thebeezwax

if he gave you that print out... you should scan and post it so all of us can see it... not calling you out bro... but we're all waiting to see the progress on ordering... I check 20x a day
Old 07-06-2015, 12:32 PM   #20
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Clear your browser temporary files/cookies, close browser, and try again! lol

(OK...so I doubt that will work, but my career is in IT and involves web development so I thought it was funny)
Old 07-06-2015, 01:14 PM   #21
SSport16

I e-mailed him now to see if I can get a copy, like I said I saw it with my own 2 eyes, it went further than what you are seeing. His screen was turned so we could both see it and he was able to check and uncheck options. The options included the Magnetic ride suspension, dual mode exhaust, even had the interior ambient lighting which is part of the 2SS package checked by default. Once I get something I will put it up here.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:15 PM   #22
oneredry
HYPER SS

Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Clear your browser temporary files/cookies, close browser, and try again! lol

(OK...so I doubt that will work, but my career is in IT and involves web development so I thought it was funny)
what? no ctrl alt del? or "reboot" I'm an IT myself and and I can't stand when people think that the simple fix is just what I said. yes in SOME cases it works, but the majoirty of the time its the users lack of knowledge.

*steps off soap box and lets resume conversation. I to thought it was funny*
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 01:23 PM   #23
SSport16

I hear you...I have been an IT computer technician for almost 20 years, have heard it all. Those damn PC Matic commercials don't help either, just run a simple scan and all is fixed!
Old 07-06-2015, 02:06 PM   #24
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
I e-mailed him now to see if I can get a copy, like I said I saw it with my own 2 eyes, it went further than what you are seeing. His screen was turned so we could both see it and he was able to check and uncheck options. The options included the Magnetic ride suspension, dual mode exhaust, even had the interior ambient lighting which is part of the 2SS package checked by default. Once I get something I will put it up here.
So that is very promising, and strange at the same time.

Why would they push it out to certain dealers and not others? Its definitely possible, and if it IS on purpose GM must have good reason for it.

It really almost does sound like beezwax's version is just not updated or something.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:02 PM   #25
SSport16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
So that is very promising, and strange at the same time.

Why would they push it out to certain dealers and not others? Its definitely possible, and if it IS on purpose GM must have good reason for it.

It really almost does sound like beezwax's version is just not updated or something.
I stopped in about a week and half ago, and at that point He couldn't even see Camaro for 2016 under the model year...but when I went in the other day and he had contacted me, he was able to select Camaro for 2016 and then trim and then like I said all the options showed up.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:49 PM   #26
Thebeezwax

I just talked to my Chevy Rep and was told that no body has it and wont have it for another 2 months when order banks open... all ordering options become available at the same time... this doesn't make sense... I'll believe it when I see it.

See 6th picture down...
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=137

2nd quarter just ended which means this info COULD be coming soon but I was told that this doesn't happen regionally... only nationally... ya know... that dealer you visit would have an ace in the hole if they have the order guide... they could be getting a ton of pre-order traffic and make us other dealers very jealous.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:10 PM   #27
DanaM

Drives: 2010 Ram 1500 / 2006 Charger R/T
Send a message via Skype™ to DanaM
Cool to see so many fellow software IT folks on here. I worked at AOL, Chase Bank, and now OCLC in Dublin, Ohio. I have always sort of stood out in the crowd with my muscle cars in the parking lot. Lots of high end Euro sedans and coupes at these places I have worked, especially at OCLC. I should say Euro sedans and SUVs. They are all nice, I dont really bash any cars.
DanaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 04:14 PM   #28
Thebeezwax

^^^^^ Cool Story Bro!