Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-11-2019, 07:15 PM   #1
teddyca

Drives: Blown C7 and 6th gen
Poor mans rear suspension upgrade- Thank you BMR

Well it is round 2 for me in the 6th gen world. First car was totaled before I could get the Magnuson kit I have installed. None the less I found another FIFTY so I grabbed it. Car didn't have Mag ride (MRC) and I thought I would be fine. The "performance" suspension sucks. :( There is truly no comparison. I started a thread before buying and some said its not worth it. They clearly have not owned both cars. I assure you of that. None the less this is my commuter and I tend to test it so I decided to upgrade the ass end of this pig lol. I didn't want to spend millions on shocks/struts/coilovers so I went after weak links. No idea if its going to make a huge difference but it has to be better. LOL ALL BMR they should send me a shirt or a beer lol. Front and rear chassis braces, driveshaft tunnel brace, upper and lower trailing arms, upper control arms, and a front strut bar. In the future I might consider sway bars but I think I am good for now. 20X11 Z28 wheels have 305/25-20 rubber out back so I should have a nice firm ass now. HAHAHAHAHA
Attached Images

17 Camaro 2SS 50th edition. TOTALED 6/2019
K&N Intake, MRBP axleback, Eibach kit, 20" Z28 wheels, smoked lights all the way around, Rockford Fosgate system

17 Camaro 2SS 50th edition. Round 2- 8/2019 550/600 RWHP, Magnuson TVS2300, Rotofab Intake, Corsa Xtreme, Air Lift P3 System, 20" Stance SF-07, smoked lights all the way around, Rockford Fosgate system.
teddyca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:05 PM   #2
Whocares05050

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Not sure why you consider it a "poor mans upgrade" bmr makes great stuff and that will make a huge difference.
Whocares05050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 03:07 AM   #3
Wilka_SS

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Metallic Grey 2ss
Imo, a poor mans kit is diff and rear subframe lockout with a driveshaft loop and lower control arm, you are just replacing factory braces that are already there for bling factor ones..
Wilka_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 03:10 PM   #4
teddyca

I am just referring to upgrading parts to stiffen the rear as opposed to spending top dollar on good shocks/struts. When my first 6th gen was totaled the control arms were the first to bend so this is just piece of mind.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:11 PM   #5
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyca View Post
I am just referring to upgrading parts to stiffen the rear as opposed to spending top dollar on good shocks/struts. When my first 6th gen was totaled the control arms were the first to bend so this is just piece of mind.
Relating arms that were destroyed from a collision to how they perform as designed are two totally separate things.

Arms are usually designed to be the weak point, as when something like a collision happens, it takes the impact and is cheaper to repair. You swap them for super stiff ones and maybe the point of failure in the chain moves to a much more expensive component and then good luck getting the insurance company to cover it.

The flex the stock arms have to them are of a different axis for which most strain on them happens.

The only thing needing work in the rear-end on the Gen. 6 Camaros are the rear cradle bushings.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 12:48 PM   #6
teddyca

Very valid point. I will take my chances. I dont like it, I replace it. Easy enough. I am just hoping the this stiffens up out back a bit. It was cheap enough of an investment I am not expecting much. As for BMR I am very pleased with their products which is why I went shopping. And I like red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Relating arms that were destroyed from a collision to how they perform as designed are two totally separate things.

Arms are usually designed to be the weak point, as when something like a collision happens, it takes the impact and is cheaper to repair. You swap them for super stiff ones and maybe the point of failure in the chain moves to a much more expensive component and then good luck getting the insurance company to cover it.

The flex the stock arms have to them are of a different axis for which most strain on them happens.

The only thing needing work in the rear-end on the Gen. 6 Camaros are the rear cradle bushings.

17 Camaro 2SS 50th edition. TOTALED 6/2019
K&N Intake, MRBP axleback, Eibach kit, 20" Z28 wheels, smoked lights all the way around, Rockford Fosgate system

17 Camaro 2SS 50th edition. Round 2- 8/2019 550/600 RWHP, Magnuson TVS2300, Rotofab Intake, Corsa Xtreme, Air Lift P3 System, 20" Stance SF-07, smoked lights all the way around, Rockford Fosgate system.