Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

AWE Tuning

Old 02-26-2016, 09:12 PM   #29
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo@Phastek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckclanton
Lowering springs work on MRC ONLY if you also install calibrated shortercontrol rods! Did it on my 2014 Twin Turbo CTS Cadillac via D3 Performance in LA area(signal hill). They may be working on a kit for the Camaro??
chuckclanton,

We do plan on doing some testing on an MRC car to see what might be needed to be changed or if there will be any issues. Once we find out what is going on we will update the manufacturer and see what we need to do to resolve the MRC cars issue, if there is one.

Just a matter of time before we get a car to test.
I just lowered my ZL1 without these shortercontrol rods....

Interested to see what you guys come up with for the MRC 6th Gen.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:36 PM   #30
Ricardo@Phastek

Drives: the boss nuts....
Send a message via AIM to Ricardo@Phastek Send a message via Yahoo to Ricardo@Phastek
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
I just lowered my ZL1 without these shortercontrol rods....

Interested to see what you guys come up with for the MRC 6th Gen.
We are hoping it will be similar to the ZL1. just a matter of getting our hands on a set to find out the differences.
Ricardo@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 09:28 AM   #31
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
Do you guys have any 1le wheels around to see if they work on wider rims?
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 03:42 PM   #32
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
A lot of Gen 5 ZL1s have gone lower and the only comment I have heard is that it might feel a little stiffer. As far as I'm concerned this is good, if you just lost an inch of suspension travel you want what is left to be stiffer.

Ultimately this is why a knuckle drop is better, you don't lose spring travel. But knuckle drops are pretty new to the gen 5 car... haven't heard a whisper about this on a 6th gen Camaro.

I suspect the lowering spring will be fine on a '16 magride car. I'm subscribed for results.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 04:05 PM   #33
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
Maybe I can tell you once mine arrive. I've had them all on a number of cars, 300c Eibach, g8gt supercharged Eibach and my 15 2ss were BMR. Bmr were a pretty stiff ride unlike my Eibachs. I'm hoping these will prove to be a good ride plus great handling, the ride height is just right for me.
The BMR fronts are linear, these above are linear, they will ride harder. It is impossible to give a lower spring and a good ride that does not seriously sacrifice handling. The Eibachs offer a good ride but they are not handling springs, they are far too soft due their progressive nature to offer any handling (defined in terms of grip or transient response).

Basically most handling performance is offered by the first 1.5 inches of spring compression, the soft progressive spring gives this up in the name of comfort. Sure they stiffen after that when the close working coils close, but car is already in the turn and the suspension geometry especially camber has already been sacrificed. There is no free lunch.

Most shops make up for the soft nature of the progressive by bolting on huge sway bars. This does quicken the response and helps add to spring rate to the outer tire by lifting the inner. But once again as a run of thumb the larger the bar the less ultimate grip and that grip will be approached at a greater rate. The is after all further loading the already loaded tire. Meaning the car will feel flatter and feel like it corners better... till it don't. Which is fine for 99.9% of the lower spring buyers.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 05:08 PM   #34
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
I guess we'll know this week when we get them installed. My Eibachs have all had good rides. The BMR's were just a little stiffer in the rear then I've had in the past. It should be fine, its a performance car and shouldn't ride like a Caddy anyway. Not worried at all.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 06:13 PM   #35
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
I guess we'll know this week when we get them installed. My Eibachs have all had good rides. The BMR's were just a little stiffer in the rear then I've had in the past. It should be fine, its a performance car and shouldn't ride like a Caddy anyway. Not worried at all.
Same chassis used in a Caddy, ironically.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:43 AM   #36
BamBam_SS

Drives: 1969 and 2016 SS
This is great. Can't wait to see the reviews and pics once you guys get them installed.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:25 AM   #37
Ricardo@Phastek

Send a message via AIM to Ricardo@Phastek Send a message via Yahoo to Ricardo@Phastek
Nose to nose comparison. White car is our Non-MRC shop car and the Grey is a stock MRC car.

Old 02-29-2016, 12:40 PM   #38
MIAMI2SSRS

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS Camaro

Ricardo are you guys going to start testing the springs on the MRC car?

Last edited by MIAMI2SSRS; 02-29-2016 at 01:43 PM.
MIAMI2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 12:44 PM   #39
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Now how do we get a set of these up to Canada without doubling the price?

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 02:08 PM   #40
Ricardo@Phastek

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAMI2SSRS View Post

Ricardo are you guys going to start testing the springs on the MRC car?
Hopefully soon. We are trying to line up a car to get in. This car was a customer that stopped by and let us snap a few pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
Now how do we get a set of these up to Canada without doubling the price?
Shoot me a PM with your shipping info and I can work on it for ya!!
Old 02-29-2016, 02:18 PM   #41
MIAMI2SSRS

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo@Phastek View Post
Hopefully soon. We are trying to line up a car to get in. This car was a customer that stopped by and let us snap a few pics.
Got it. Thanks. I thought that was the car for the testing .
MIAMI2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 01:20 PM   #42
Ricardo@Phastek

Giovanna Wheels contacted us about the springs for their 2016 Camaro and well......
... here is a 2016 Camaro with 22" wheels lowered with these springs!!

Tags
camaro springs, lower, lowering springs, phastek springs, springs