Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 01-31-2019, 09:19 AM   #15
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Nothing beats a dyno tune.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:38 AM   #16
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionssfan View Post
Does anybody know is a remote tune just as good as if you took it too the same guy and had him do it in person.
Whether your car is tuned on the street or on the dyno the quality of the tune is more dependent on the tuners experience, and willingness to spend whatever time is necessary to get it right.

Street/track tuning with data logging is by far the most effective, every major racing organizations vehicle (regardless of type) in the world are tuned this way.

The Chassis dyno is a great tool, I have owned one for 17 Years and have used Engine and chassis dynos for over 30 years but one thing is for sure it can never take in to account every aspect of how the vehicle is used.

If your car is tuned how it is used and you work with an Experienced Tuner willing to put in the hard work, you will get the best results hands down.

Ted.

Last edited by JANNETTYRACING; 02-06-2019 at 09:28 AM.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:40 AM   #17
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFL View Post
Ted by Jannetty Racing makes tune to the whole world, is best suited for remote tune. Ted is a great man
Thank you for your kind words, I am no Magician, I just put in the hard work.

Ted.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:57 AM   #18
cypressh
Canadian

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Ted did the Remote tune in my car and I havent had any issues with his tune, and the driveability of my car is great. Thank Ted!
cypressh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:28 AM   #19
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypressh View Post
Ted did the Remote tune in my car and I havent had any issues with his tune, and the driveability of my car is great. Thank Ted!
Thank you for your business.

Ted.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:55 PM   #20
lionssfan

Drives: 2010 2ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Whether your car is tuned on the street or on the dyno the quality of the tune is more dependent on the tuners experience, and willingness to spend whatever time is necessary to get it right.

Street/track tuning with data logging is by far the most effective, every major racing organizations vehicle (regardless of type) in the world are tuned this way.

The Chassis dyno is a great tool, I have owned one for 17 Years and have used Engine and chassis dynos for over 30 years but one thing is for sure it can never take in to account every aspect of how the vehicle is used.

If your car is tuned how it is used and you work with an Experienced Tuner willing to put in the hard work, you will get the best results hands down.

Ted.
Thanks for the understanding Ted! Your one of the best on this site for helping and teaching.
TVS2300, BTR cam PD stage 3, ID1050 injectors, CHE bronze trunnions, 7.400" pushrods,.660" lift platinum springs, Titanium ret, Zl1 fuel pump, Kooks LT headers, High flow cats, Roto Fab CAI, Corsa exh., Mellings oil pump, HD chain, ls2 damper, all synthetic, BMR control arms, zl1 toe link, BMR cradle mounts, W/bottle relocation, air scoop deflector, Hennessy wheels, two piece rotor, morimoto fogs, DRL harness, coilovers, Heads up install, mgw shifter, slps splitter, slp spoiler, zl1 side skirts, painted strips, debadged, tinted, 2018 emblems.

Edit Signature
lionssfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 05:09 AM   #21
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Quote:
Does anybody know is a remote tune just as good as if you took it too the same guy and had him do it in person.
The question is, if the final difference between dyno tune or remote tune is perceptible to the final consumer.

Question to local tuners..
How many horses is the difference between the dyno and the remote tune?
5-10 horses..?
On the street a hardly recognizable difference.

I have a remote because I was not next choice.
Maybe I could find the dyno, but no one could set the car.
There's a million tons of Mustang tuners, but Camaro nothing.

I have a remote tune from Dynosteve and I can not complain.
The car ride absolutely fantastic!
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 08:17 AM   #22
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Thanks for the understanding Ted! Your one of the best on this site for helping and teaching.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:48 AM   #23
94guy

Drives: 99 Camaro; 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Ted has remote tuned a 8.70@160 camaro for me

2010 Camaro
Stock bottom end with 46,000+miles JRE remote tuning Whipple A6 and Drive it to and from the track 9.46@146
94guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:45 AM   #24
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94guy View Post
Ted has remote tuned a 8.70@160 camaro for me
Hey look who woke up, Gonna call you Rip Van Winkle.

Good to see you here give me a call.

Ted.
Old 02-22-2019, 05:24 AM   #25
PFL

Drives: Camaro SS
The attention of the tuner in the project is very important

if you do all datalog properly and send it by email. the tuner will be able and technically identify what is needed to change. the tuner will always be attentive to your project in the smallest details. That's what we expect from a remote tune. tuned car on the street and much better than on top of a dynamometer.
PFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 06:36 PM   #26
BlueCamaro6

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS, Hyper Blue
If the remote tuner is knowledgeable, has the correct histograms and filtration parameters setup, it can be really close to a dyno tune. Recently I put a heads/cam vehicle I street tuned on the dyno and thought it might be off by an acceptable margin. Come to find out, it was extremely close on SD, MAF was spot on, simulation drive was good, and WOT pull went well with no issues. This was to verify the way I use data really works.

I did get more power out of it on the dyno, but the gain was not substantial. The dyno was a recent addition as I'm sure someone will ask why not dyno tune it in the first place. My curiosity was running wild and I was happily surprised.

Jannety hit the nail on the head with his comment: quality of the tune is more dependent on the tuners experience, and willingness to spend whatever time is necessary to get it right.

2016 2SS, A8, NAV, NPP, MRC, Sunroof, Hyperblue (GM buyback)

1999 Trans Am Firehawk, M6, headers, no-cats, slp exhaust, hot cam, intake, 3:73 gears. Red/Blk
BlueCamaro6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:51 PM   #27
Pro-tuned
Angewendet Ingenieur

Drives: 14 Camaro ZL1
No Teds not a Magician, he just spend a large amount of his life on the Dyno and runs an efffective race operation. I have worked with him from concept to product on my build. We have been through at least 25 tuning sessions and haven’t even reached meth/race gas tuning. If he sees something in the tune he stops until the issue is resolved. This is the quality of service and respect I want as a consumer. Remote tuning may not be ideal and yes it is effective, but you need actual experiences to optimize the data points. Without a doubt for serious full all out remote tuning Jannetty is my only choice.
Pro-tuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:33 AM   #28
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by George-CZ View Post
The question is, if the final difference between dyno tune or remote tune is perceptible to the final consumer.

Question to local tuners..
How many horses is the difference between the dyno and the remote tune?
5-10 horses..?
On the street a hardly recognizable difference.
I had strictly remote tunes as my build progressed. I was happy with the remote tunes for my bolt ons, but very dissatisfied after I installed my camshaft. This week I had the car dyno-tuned. I knew that there wasn't going to be a lot of gains up top, but the tuner did coax another 10 peak HP. Not much and not enough for me to feel the difference.

The improvement that I saw with the dyno tune was pretty much all drivability. Having the car tuned properly made all the difference. My most recent remote tune was horrible. The RPMs would see-saw as it hunted for idle RPM, and the car liked to die at stoplights if I didn't keep the RPMs just right before letting it settle into an idle. This was after several datalogs and revised tunes.

The local tuner has my car running perfectly. No more having to keep it running manually at stoplights, dashpot is working perfectly now and low RPM bucking and surging is gone. Drvability is normal now (as normal as it can be with an aftermarket cam).

My take is this - Remote tunes are fine for bolt ons, but I'll never go that route again with modified internals. Perhaps I chose the wrong remote tuner to begin with, I really don't know. All I know is that I am done with remote tunes.
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote