Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 02-10-2016, 03:47 PM   #1
Shadowsong

Drives: 2014 Mustang
Jump on that mod boat early!

With the 1LE announcement today I'm thinking the camaro has captured a lot of new attention, especially the V6. Why not capitalize on that new attention and start reaching out to aftermarket companies? With enough potential interest from customers, they are sure to give the platform a look.

For example, the 5th gen didn't have very many performance options besides bolt ons, and limited options for boost. There was 1 company that attempted cams, but I don't believe they got very far. You want boost? Start emailing people. You want cams? email.

Personally? I'd like to see http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/ get involved with the 6th gen. They mostly work with Fords, but did some work with the 3800 V6. They have a pretty impressive parts selection for the current Mustang V6, a 4.0 stroker, heads, cams, ported intake manifolds. Supposedly the can push 400 whp NA with a built motor. Why couldn't the Camaro do the same?

Think about it, 1LE v6, stroked, cammed etc, 400 whp, and a few hundred lbs lighter than an SS.... sounds like a fun little track car.
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:53 PM   #2
Shadowsong

Drives: 2014 Mustang
Just to update, I've been emailing the supersix guys back and forth, they'd love to develop some stuff for the LGX. All motor light weight screamer anyone?
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 04:59 PM   #3
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I'd be happy with an intake that didn't cost 300 bucks for what amounts to nothing but a conversion from a flat air filter to a cone. Not sure how many people will be eager to void their powertrain warranty so soon by doing cam/head swaps.

everything else for the V6 seems like it would cost nearly 40-50% of the cost of the car to upgrade for any decent gains (basically forced induction).
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 06:20 PM   #4
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
With the new 1LE V6 perhaps we will see some good aftermarket development for the LGX.

I bought the V6 with the assumption that the LGX would be the red-headed step child sandwiched between the turbo 4 and the LT1.

Turbo 4's are easy to upgrade. Should be fun to see what built big turbo camaro's are capable of in the 1/4 mile. I can't imagine spending a fortune to turn the LGX into what's already available for a few thousand more.

In addition the automatic's have an open rear differential in the turbo 4 & v6. It's just the manual trans that gets the limited slip rear diff.