Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-23-2023, 08:48 PM   #1
SHE'Z 18

Drives: 18 ZL1 - M6
Walmart Black Friday- Lithium Auto Batteries - what size??

Hey Everyone,
I see that the BF sales are in full bloom at WM. They’ve got automotive lithium batteries online for some great prices. Anyone have recommendations for the volts & CCA for our Z’s? Thanks & Happy Thanksgiving

SHE'Z 18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 12:08 PM   #2
#8ZL1Man

Drives: 2023 ZL1
Bump.

1973 Triumph GT6
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
2009 Viper Roadster
1970 Olds Cutlass Supreme Convertible
1967 Chevelle SS396 Convertible
2013 Corvette 427 Convertible
1965 Mustang Fastback (Shelby GT350 clone)
1969 Camaro RS/SS 350 Convertible
1967 Mustang Fastback 289 'HiPo'
2005 Viper SRT-10 Roadster
2003 Corvette Coupe
2001 BMW E46 M3 Coupe
#8ZL1Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 07:32 PM   #3
Tay

Drives: 1985 Oldsmobuick
I had this Antigravity installed last week: https://antigravitybatteries.com/pro...tive/ag-h6-rs/

I put Antigravity batteries in all of my sports cars.
Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 08:16 PM   #4
SHE'Z 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay View Post
I had this Antigravity installed last week: https://antigravitybatteries.com/pro...tive/ag-h6-rs/

I put Antigravity batteries in all of my sports cars.
Nice. Which “amp hours” did you go with?
Old 11-26-2023, 09:25 PM   #5
Tay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHE'Z 18 View Post
Nice. Which “amp hours” did you go with?
40 Ah

That is what Antigravity recommended if you keep the car on a charger when taking longer breaks from charging.
Old 11-29-2023, 07:44 AM   #6
JDCinBRL

Drives: 2024 Camaro ZL1 CE
Quote:
40 Ah

That is what Antigravity recommended if you keep the car on a charger when taking longer breaks from charging.
FYI-There is no need to leave a lithium charger (14.4VDC Output which is different from wet cell/lead acid charger @ 13.4VDC output) connected and "on" to your battery unit. The BMS system internal to battery will isolate the internal cells from charging when fully charged. The manufacturers of the lithium batteries I have purchased for boat, home, auto, etc. have all stated to remove the charger from battery within an approximate average of 16 hours of battery reaching full charge to protect BMS (Battery Management System). Make SURE you have a lithium charger also or you will never fully charge your unit which will cause degradation over time. Hope this helps anyone making the switch!!
JDCinBRL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 09:27 PM   #7
Tay

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCinBRL View Post
FYI-There is no need to leave a lithium charger (14.4VDC Output which is different from wet cell/lead acid charger @ 13.4VDC output) connected and "on" to your battery unit. The BMS system internal to battery will isolate the internal cells from charging when fully charged. The manufacturers of the lithium batteries I have purchased for boat, home, auto, etc. have all stated to remove the charger from battery within an approximate average of 16 hours of battery reaching full charge to protect BMS (Battery Management System). Make SURE you have a lithium charger also or you will never fully charge your unit which will cause degradation over time. Hope this helps anyone making the switch!!

Great info.

Thanks JDCinBRL
Old 11-29-2023, 10:29 PM   #8
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCinBRL View Post

Can't recommend Noco highly enough. Works with EVERY battery type. It's BMS aware for LiIon

https://no.co/genius10

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 09:43 AM   #9
JDCinBRL

Drives: 2024 Camaro ZL1 CE
Quote:
Great info.

Thanks JDCinBRL
You are welcome. I forgot to mention it's important to know the alternator charging profile of vehicle {Charging current(amps) and charging voltage of alternator}. If alternator charging current is above the lithium unit BMS limit and charging voltage is 13.8VDC or less, overcharging/undercharging can and will occur. If compatible, and the vehicle is driven several times a month, using external charger isn't necessary on LiFePO4 units but could be used once a month or so to verify 100% charge. If driven once every month or two on short drives, I would hook up charger after drive to verify 100%. I verify 100% charge in my lithium$$$ units every 4-6 weeks for optimum life. Battery manufacturers will list limits in specifications and do make an inline DC to DC charger specific to their units to compensate for voltages and currents. If LiFePO4 unit is specific to automobile, maybe charging voltages are converted in BMS system? But I would want to know considering what the batteries cost. Again, hope this helps anyone making switch.
JDCinBRL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 09:07 PM   #10
SHE'Z 18

Thanks everyone for the great advice…

Tags
batteries, battery, lithium, volts