Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 11-19-2019, 01:34 PM   #43
Nightfall ss1le

Drives: 2020 A10 ZL1 1LE
Meh, to each their own but for me personally I could care less about getting any vehicle I couldn’t reasonably road trip in. Also, if Chevy ever tried to bastardize the Camaro or Corvette name by going this route then I’d be completely done with said model. I mean what’s next for Mustangs? Introducing the new F150 Mustang? Lol
Nightfall ss1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 09:57 PM   #44
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
I don't think it should be called a Mustang, but otherwise it looks good.

Certainly better than the Bolt, which is just a joke.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 11:20 PM   #45
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
When I say young.......its coming from a near 60 old fart. I'm not talking teen-20 something. 40's are kids to me now.
, no worries old fella.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 11:24 PM   #46
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Anyone else feeling like..."what the heck GM!??"

I fully expected GM to beat FORD to the market with a decent/sporty electric CUV and truck. Seems like GM has been touting their advances in electric vehicles for years, but now it is looking like Ford will beat GM to the market with both, as the all electric F-150 is expected to make it's debut soon.

GM has the Bolt, but that thing was never going to sell to the masses. A PHEV or BEV CUV is where it is at, and for years now a small to mid-size PHEV or BEV CUV was going to be the only thing that is going to take off. Why they never built a CUV on the Voltec chassis is beyond me. Now Ford has got it with a full BEV. Sure, there is no guarantee the Mach-E is going to sell well, but I think out of all of them, it has the best chance. Might just be me, but I think it looks miles better than a comparable Tesla.
I would be surprised if GM released a halo electric vehicle with starting price of 40-45K. It's not a strategy that works for GM. I think GM wants to come out with the first relatively affordable EV's. We should see an CUV one revealed soon with an attractive starting price.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 11:28 PM   #47
Camaro__ss

Drives: 2013 L99
It looks like a Mazda to me.
Camaro__ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:33 PM   #48
Camaro__ss

Drives: 2013 L99
Mustang “Mach”ery
Camaro__ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:22 AM   #49
V8 Firebird

Drives: ⚡Electric TM3 ⚡
I don't see this car could sell well in future. Not just looks disgusting, its battery millage and price aren't outperformance than upcoming Tesla Model Y.
Old 11-21-2019, 02:30 AM   #50
V8 Firebird

Drives: ⚡Electric TM3 ⚡
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerbrainz2k3 View Post
They're not making an electric Mustang, they're making an electric CUV with elements of Mustang-inspired exterior styling and calling that a "Mustang" despite no other relation to the S550.
There is a crazy electric Mustang in this year SEMA, so we could see Ford offering electric power Mustang coupe. I think this could push GM making street version E-Copo or EL1 Camaro.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:09 AM   #51
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Firebird View Post
There is a crazy electric Mustang in this year SEMA, so we could see Ford offering electric power Mustang coupe. I think this could push GM making street version E-Copo or EL1 Camaro.
I'm good with that in general for folks that want it, as long as they don't slap the Camaro nameplate on a CUV, EV or not.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 07:40 AM   #52
Nightfall ss1le

Drives: 2020 A10 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
I'm good with that in general for folks that want it, as long as they don't slap the Camaro nameplate on a CUV, EV or not.
This. If they want to make an electric Camaro that’s still a sports car & looks like a real one to go along with the gas versions then I’m fine with that. But the day the Camaro becomes a 4 door or an SUV is the day I’m done with them regardless of whether or not they still have a real version. Even Jeep had enough sense not to call the Gladiator a Wrangler just because it’s an icon & they’re much more closely related than the new “Mustang”.
Nightfall ss1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 01:24 PM   #53
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall ss1le View Post
This. If they want to make an electric Camaro that’s still a sports car & looks like a real one to go along with the gas versions then I’m fine with that. But the day the Camaro becomes a 4 door or an SUV is the day I’m done with them regardless of whether or not they still have a real version. Even Jeep had enough sense not to call the Gladiator a Wrangler just because it’s an icon & they’re much more closely related than the new “Mustang”.
That makes no sense.

If GM made a Camaro that I wanted I'd still buy it regardless of what else was called a Camaro. They could put the name on a school bus for all I care. What's the difference, I'd still have a nice car.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 01:49 PM   #54
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/11/21/...troversy-film/

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 08:41 AM   #55
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
The Mustang side appreciates the support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
I don't think it should be called a Mustang, but otherwise it looks good.
That seems to be the developing consensus over on Mustang6G. I'm told that on FB the commentary has been far harsher.

If it succeeds, the vehicle itself will probably be fine for its intended purposes. But Ford is spending an unwise amount of Mustang heritage for what's likely to be little gain. 'Mach E' by itself might be acceptable, if only borderline so.

Jim Farley seems to have been the guy primarily to blame for suggesting the Mustang name be used here. I want to be optimistic enough here to hope that it's more than just a hope that Ford is rethinking this mess. That they learned enough more from the Probe fiasco to stop thinking that easing people into shifting what the Mustang name stands for (like they've done, going from Mach 1 to Mach E to Mustang Mach E) was going to work any better.

Martinjlm may have deeper insights. Hope he stops by.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 11-22-2019 at 08:51 AM.
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 08:49 AM   #56
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
That makes no sense.

If GM made a Camaro that I wanted I'd still buy it regardless of what else was called a Camaro. They could put the name on a school bus for all I care. What's the difference, I'd still have a nice car.
My thoughts are somewhat similar. But they'd absolutely have to build the ponycar version of the name in a way that I would find acceptable. For starters, that means no backward flow of SUV cues into the ponycar.

In the short run, that's probably going to hold true. It's 5 years or so out that concerns me more. Ten years out, should the Mach E prove successful, is the name 'Mustang' still going to evoke the ponycar image, or will people then be thinking '2-box people-mover'? Feel free to substitute 'Camaro', 'Corvette', or even 'Challenger' for 'Mustang.

Norm