Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-21-2023, 01:17 PM   #561
ZL1 affair

Drives: 1of 66 Orange Crush 2020 ZL1’s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese ZL1 View Post
Congratulations!!! what a beautiful car.

We placed an order in March but our order never was filled by Chevrolet. Fortunately we found a new 2023 ZL1 with all the equipment we wanted, but not our 1st color choice…we bought it in April. Now we are extremely happy we grabbed the one we found. We were hoping Chevy would pickup our order for 2024, but they never did. We have been searching around and never found a 24 Radiant Red, equipped the way we want within 500 miles. I guess it wasn’t meant to be. Two ZL1’s would have look awesome in the garage!
There is this one ->https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
Old 12-21-2023, 01:20 PM   #562
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
My car came in and I picked it up Saturday
1SS, 6 sp, red calipers, 5 split spoke forged wheels, strut tower brace, alcantara knee pads, black satin appearance pkg and Nitro yellow !
If you want to sell those rear wheels let me know
Old 12-21-2023, 03:21 PM   #563
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddivinia View Post
Gramps - nice Camaro. Is that Riptide or Riverside. Fun driven them home isn't it?

D.
Thank you, Riverside.
The trip home I was solo so I had a lot of road time. I believe it was 2 hours getting past Houston during rush hour on I 10
I guess Louisiana did away with rest stops unless I just didn't see them.
Parked at a truck stop to get a few hours of sleep and that was a mistake.
Fightinfire921 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 09:14 AM   #564
spdkilz911

Drives: 23 ZL1 20 Jeep GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoomba View Post
Put a deposit on it today.
Nice, congratulations!
Old 12-22-2023, 11:17 AM   #565
Whoomba

Drives: 2024Camaro 2SS CE Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdkilz911 View Post
Nice, congratulations!
Merry Christmas to me!
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 06:25 PM   #566
Thanks6

Drives: 24 2SS 1LE 6 Speed
Lurker no more!

Its been a wild 3 months to get to this point. Several calls to dealerships, negotiating down markups to MSRP, stuck in transit for several weeks, and finally picked up this beauty on Dec 12th. 2SS 1LE M6 in Red Hot. Here's the car straight after getting a full body PPF (hence the lack of emblems)
Attached Images

Thanks6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 01:20 PM   #567
HemiDave

Drives: ZLE/DEMON/GLADIATOR/GSXR1000R/ZX10R
RED HOT!!

2018 Dodge Demon #1399
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 6 speed manual
2023 ZL1 1LE 6 speed manual
2018 Suzuki GSXR 1000R
2021 Kawasaki ZX10R
HemiDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 09:19 AM   #568
Whoomba

Drives: 2024Camaro 2SS CE Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanks6 View Post
Its been a wild 3 months to get to this point. Several calls to dealerships, negotiating down markups to MSRP, stuck in transit for several weeks, and finally picked up this beauty on Dec 12th. 2SS 1LE M6 in Red Hot. Here's the car straight after getting a full body PPF (hence the lack of emblems)
Cross my finger, the PPF on the bumper looks a pain. Did they do the splitter too?

Last edited by Whoomba; 12-28-2023 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Misspell
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 10:55 AM   #569
dozSS

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Well, someone is going to be pissed. Found a 2SS CE M6 at a podunk dealership in a town of 20,000 people. I put a deposit on it. The day after, the salesman was gone, no idea why. New salesman got with me and said the car arrived. I drove 200 miles the next day to pick it up. He was under the assumption I was the one who ordered the car. After a bit, I finally told him I never ordered it that I just put a deposit last week on it. Lots of confusion but they sold me the car. That said, it was ordered for someone else they just never put a deposit down and the dealership didn’t know their ass from their head.

I really wanted a 1LE but I couldn’t find one (thought I had a couple).

Paid MSRP for the car so I can’t complain. I’ll take it.
dozSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 05:44 PM   #570
The Zebra

Drives: '24 ZL1 A10, '70 Olds 442 W-30
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozSS View Post
Well, someone is going to be pissed. Found a 2SS CE M6 at a podunk dealership in a town of 20,000 people. I put a deposit on it. The day after, the salesman was gone, no idea why. New salesman got with me and said the car arrived. I drove 200 miles the next day to pick it up. He was under the assumption I was the one who ordered the car. After a bit, I finally told him I never ordered it that I just put a deposit last week on it. Lots of confusion but they sold me the car. That said, it was ordered for someone else they just never put a deposit down and the dealership didn’t know their ass from their head.

I really wanted a 1LE but I couldn’t find one (thought I had a couple).

Paid MSRP for the car so I can’t complain. I’ll take it.
I guess we'll find out if he's a member of this forum
The Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 06:38 AM   #571
paradigm

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanks6 View Post
Looks awesome. Love the color.
Old 02-02-2024, 07:44 AM   #572
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
Hi everyone,

I haven't posted in ages, i guess since my 2021 ZL1 was ordered and arrived. I've been looking for a 2024 ZL1 since June when ordering opened. My local Chevy dealers are too small, I guess, to get much, if any, allocations for ZL1s. My dealership I usually use is in a small town, and they were unable to even order a plain Camaro, much less a ZL1. In my town, I had been working with a local Autonation dealer to try to get an allocation, but it wasn't to be. My salesman ended up leaving the dealership making me wonder why he stopped communicating with me. The GM and another salesman emailed me and apologized for his departure but had no further luck with an allocation. By now it was late November, 2023. In December, I started seeing a fleeting advertisement for that dealership that said they had a ZL1 Vert in their inventory. I emailed, but no one would answer if the car was a customer order, or if it was available for sale.
A few days ago, I saw the advertisement again, so I tried contacting the dealership though the advertisement. Surprise! A young man contacted me right away and told me the car was for sale, but had not arrived yet, being still in transit. After work yesterday, I went and met with him at the dealership. I asked him to print out the order and status sheet, which he did. He even printed me a copy of the window sticker.

This makes the horrible timeline at the Lansing Grand River real. They placed the order for the ZL1 back on 30-Jun-23, and the car was built (3800) on 22-Aug-23. Since then, the car has been bayed and intermediate transit-shipped ever since. The printout they gave me shows Bayed as of 29-Nov-23.

My question here is, does anyone track build numbers on the forum anymore? The order number is CVFN38. I'd like to get a bit more insight into the status of this car if possible. My salesman told me that his GM called whatever contact they have at GM and they told him the car should arrive sometime between 16-Feb and 20-Feb.

We started the paperwork for me to buy the car once it arrives. They're giving me pretty good value on my 2021 ZL1 trade-in, so I'm pumped!

Thanks to anyone who might be able to help with their sage advice, or ability to decode why this ZL1 has been bayed and intermediate shipping for so long. My guess is the shortages of parts and items on constraint, but I have no real idea.

Tara

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 08:59 AM   #573
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Martin View Post
Hi everyone,

I haven't posted in ages, i guess since my 2021 ZL1 was ordered and arrived. I've been looking for a 2024 ZL1 since June when ordering opened. My local Chevy dealers are too small, I guess, to get much, if any, allocations for ZL1s. My dealership I usually use is in a small town, and they were unable to even order a plain Camaro, much less a ZL1. In my town, I had been working with a local Autonation dealer to try to get an allocation, but it wasn't to be. My salesman ended up leaving the dealership making me wonder why he stopped communicating with me. The GM and another salesman emailed me and apologized for his departure but had no further luck with an allocation. By now it was late November, 2023. In December, I started seeing a fleeting advertisement for that dealership that said they had a ZL1 Vert in their inventory. I emailed, but no one would answer if the car was a customer order, or if it was available for sale.
A few days ago, I saw the advertisement again, so I tried contacting the dealership though the advertisement. Surprise! A young man contacted me right away and told me the car was for sale, but had not arrived yet, being still in transit. After work yesterday, I went and met with him at the dealership. I asked him to print out the order and status sheet, which he did. He even printed me a copy of the window sticker.

This makes the horrible timeline at the Lansing Grand River real. They placed the order for the ZL1 back on 30-Jun-23, and the car was built (3800) on 22-Aug-23. Since then, the car has been bayed and intermediate transit-shipped ever since. The printout they gave me shows Bayed as of 29-Nov-23.

My question here is, does anyone track build numbers on the forum anymore? The order number is CVFN38. I'd like to get a bit more insight into the status of this car if possible. My salesman told me that his GM called whatever contact they have at GM and they told him the car should arrive sometime between 16-Feb and 20-Feb.

We started the paperwork for me to buy the car once it arrives. They're giving me pretty good value on my 2021 ZL1 trade-in, so I'm pumped!

Thanks to anyone who might be able to help with their sage advice, or ability to decode why this ZL1 has been bayed and intermediate shipping for so long. My guess is the shortages of parts and items on constraint, but I have no real idea.

Tara
Only the ordering dealer can track or check status now. GM removed the ability for dealers to check other dealers order numbers.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 09:03 AM   #574
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Only the ordering dealer can track or check status now. GM removed the ability for dealers to check other dealers order numbers.
Oh, Poo!

Thanks!

Tara

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote