#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-17-2023, 02:00 PM   #15
Shock and Steel

Drives: 2023 Camaro Convertible 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Nice, very nice Hope you'll like the braking performance in addition to the lack of brake dust.

The car seems to stop fine... feels the same as before. I am very easy on my cars... I drive gingerly other than an occasional pass when warranted.
Shock and Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 07:34 PM   #16
The Maverick
Somewhere in the Kalahari

Drives: 2021/18 (de-fresh) 3LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock and Steel View Post
So I ended up going with the Z26 [. . .] My rotors only had 2,300 miles on them, so I didn't turn or replace them... just cleaned the caliper and rotor surfaces as good as I could, greased up the back of the pads, mounting holes, and pins, reassembled and broke them in according to the directions. They feel fine so far, and no sound.
That's about the same as what I did - swapped in the Z26 pads at around 2K miles (an unbelievably easy swap!), strictly followed the bedding procedure, and all is still good 8-9K miles later! I just get an occasional squeak when I step on the brakes pulling out of the garage in the morning, but the dust situation has improved 2000% for my factory-option forged polished-finish wheels.
The Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 07:49 PM   #17
Shock and Steel

Drives: 2023 Camaro Convertible 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maverick View Post
That's about the same as what I did - swapped in the Z26 pads at around 2K miles (an unbelievably easy swap!), strictly followed the bedding procedure, and all is still good 8-9K miles later! I just get an occasional squeak when I step on the brakes pulling out of the garage in the morning, but the dust situation has improved 2000% for my factory-option forged polished-finish wheels.
Did you apply grease to the back of each pad, the inside of the holes on the pads that the pins go through, and pins themselves?
Shock and Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 09:42 PM   #18
Caerus

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Glad you selected the Z26. I would not go lower in performance, although briefly I looked at Z23. I have had the Z26 on three cars, including a Camaro 2SS and have been happy with the Z26. I just swapped out to the Z26 on my ZL1 at 2k miles last week and they are good to go. Less than half the dusting with a light gray color dust and the braking a little less aggressive than stock but more than adequate for a performance car on the street.

A very easy DIY as you have found out. I mainly put the grease on the back of the pad where the caliper pistons touch and a little on the two guide pins touching the spring plate. I don't think this area is important though, mainly the piston areas. No squeaks or rattles so far, in line with my other experiences.
Old 09-19-2023, 08:49 AM   #19
The Maverick
Somewhere in the Kalahari

Drives: 2021/18 (de-fresh) 3LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock and Steel View Post
Did you apply grease to the back of each pad, the inside of the holes on the pads that the pins go through, and pins themselves?
10 months later, pretty much all I can remember is that I applied the grease. 😉 I would have just followed the recommendations on the little grease packet though.
The Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote