Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-19-2018, 07:04 PM   #1513
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
I was thinking the same myself. Looks different then the past few we have seen here. Maybe a SS 1LE feature? I like this look better gives it a little more definition.
Yup, 1LE right there! Can tell by the spoiler, wheels, front splitter and funny how they put camo on those items as well as the hood where the wrap would be. Looks like the bumper is satin and the flow tie is blacked out as well. I like it, but still dont like those cheek bones.

Headlights look extra dark to me like they're blacked out.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:09 PM   #1514
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Wow that’s really starting to look good...na not really
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:23 PM   #1515
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Great post Doc! You got us thinking. But the Giulia is a 4 door sedan which has different design objectives than a Camaro. Of course it is a better car.
Better car? Nah, not even in the same class, so not worthy to compare. As you noted, 4 dr sedan vs. 2 dr sports car/coupe.

Camaro is by far a better value.

If I had the cash, I would buy one of each. One to serve 4 door family duty and outings to fancy dinner events and the Camaro for hauling a$$, V8 awesomeness, and track days. Both are great cars, but since I already have a family hauler and a truck, Camaro wins and is half the price even in 1LE trim.

Here's something to ponder. These two cars cost about the same:

ZL1 1LE
Giulia Quadrifoglio

Which one would you choose if you didn't NEED a 4 door.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:09 PM   #1516
NewCamaroOrder

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray 1LE
I'm not sure what kind of crack they were smoking. The ZL1 front end is right on the edge of perfection. Then they built this thing. I hope this doesn't hurt the Camaro in any kind of permanent way. I would not buy this car.

I'm SOOO glad I bought my 2017 2SS.
NewCamaroOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:21 PM   #1517
Quinten_33

Drives: Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Oh gee! Good thing golf blows and I dont choose my cars based on whether or not golf clubs fit... lol

Well, if i ever did take up that total waste of time sport, good thing my DD is a pickup truck.

I kid, I kid to each their own...
That’s what a Corvette is for! 15 cubic feet of trunk space.
Quinten_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:52 PM   #1518
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
Oh gee! Good thing golf blows and I dont choose my cars based on whether or not golf clubs fit... lol

Well, if i ever did take up that total waste of time sport, good thing my DD is a pickup truck.

I kid, I kid to each their own...
I used to have a customer at work that had a bumper sticker on his truck with a golf ball(among others) on it "Racing....the only sport that requires two balls".

Edit: I posted this in the Photoshop thread too, but probably should have been here first.

Just a thought, every one is talking about the better airflow. How much of the grille actually lets air through? I'm sure everyone has noticed how many modern cars have a grille that is mostly false, with plenty of plastic blocking out any airflow.

For reference if you don't know what I'm talking about.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jalopni...1818518076/amp

Let's look at the the open area here.
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpo...0&postcount=75

So the flowtie is the only real difference? The area from the side to about a foot into the grille looks false. So the change the negative reaction crowd wants is acceptable with little to no airflow change. What, like 3 CFM from the flowtie if it's moved? Cut an extra inch toward the driving lights, make it an optional bumper.

Last edited by SnakeEyeSS; 04-19-2018 at 09:09 PM.
SnakeEyeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 11:37 PM   #1519
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyeSS View Post
I used to have a customer at work that had a bumper sticker on his truck with a golf ball(among others) on it "Racing....the only sport that requires two balls".

Edit: I posted this in the Photoshop thread too, but probably should have been here first.

Just a thought, every one is talking about the better airflow. How much of the grille actually lets air through? I'm sure everyone has noticed how many modern cars have a grille that is mostly false, with plenty of plastic blocking out any airflow.

For reference if you don't know what I'm talking about.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jalopni...1818518076/amp

Let's look at the the open area here.
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpo...0&postcount=75

So the flowtie is the only real difference? The area from the side to about a foot into the grille looks false. So the change the negative reaction crowd wants is acceptable with little to no airflow change. What, like 3 CFM from the flowtie if it's moved? Cut an extra inch toward the driving lights, make it an optional bumper.
Well the Csmaros lower grille is all open and you can see a full rad behind it...But i dont really get the comments about better cooling and no heat soak as ive never heard of a single issue of LT1 overheating even remotely.
So maybe, just maybe if the air flow has been increased then it is for the benefit of the LT1 successor which could be coming in 2020. Btw the extractor hood is mainly a downforce feature proly because the front spoiler seems to have been raised a bit (more curb friendly?).
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 11:53 PM   #1520
Pct1theory

Drives: '15 2LT RS - Bee Colors
Exclamation

Why isn't bright yellow or ANY yellow listed under the colors for the car???
Pct1theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 11:55 PM   #1521
Cgocifer

If it's any consolation, the new Silverado is a total abomination. Good lord, what are these Chevy designers smoking? The proportions are all out if whack.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:55 PM   #1522
TrackClub

Because it hasnt sold much?
Old 04-20-2018, 01:38 AM   #1523
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
hehe

Quote:
If it's any consolation, the new Silverado is a total abomination. Good lord, what are these Chevy designers smoking? The proportions are all out if whack.
Prob the same guys that thought the twins were gonna kick the crap out of the Tacoma years back, and last time I checked that score is a lopsided losing effort and the Tacoma Atkinson engine is a dog and searches for gears forever, now more competition knocking on the door in the form of the ranger.

Twins refresh is coming in 3rd quarter for those trucks as well and its scary now to see what they came up with. I was hoping for more edgy lines and good truck styling but im nervous off the charts now after seeing two "refreshes".

The latest being this debacle. Lingering in the muscle market but not for this thing.

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 05:19 AM   #1524
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Outside of “Transformers” , not a popular color
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 08:32 AM   #1525
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
Prob the same guys that thought the twins were gonna kick the crap out of the Tacoma years back, and last time I checked that score is a lopsided losing effort and the Tacoma Atkinson engine is a dog and searches for gears forever, now more competition knocking on the door in the form of the ranger.

Twins refresh is coming in 3rd quarter for those trucks as well and its scary now to see what they came up with. I was hoping for more edgy lines and good truck styling but im nervous off the charts now after seeing two "refreshes".

The latest being this debacle. Lingering in the muscle market but not for this thing.
Tacoma jas always been a mid size truck leader - nothing new here. In March it sold 20,000 units.
But that is not "lopsided" at all, as Colorado and Canyon sold over 15,000 units which accounts for 25% increase for the month yoy. Id say thats pretty damn good vs a "losing effort". What remians lopsided is Tundra's numbers which continue to be minuscule in a full size truck market. Agree the Ranger will deliver more competition to the marketplace. And thats good for everyone on a consumer side.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:41 AM   #1526
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Is Camaro trunk so much smaller vs the Stang's?
Granted, it shrunk a wee bit due to a new platform, but i just dont recall the Mustang offering much more room to speak of (and i had 3 in the past). In any case i do get your point but i hope they continue to chop its weight evenbit means less utility et al. Just my perspective.
See Below,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
It is much smaller. 9.1 cu. ft vs the Mustangs 13.5.

You cannot get golf clubs in the trunk of a Camaro without the rear seat folded if you have a current 45" or longer driver. It's the main reason I don't have a Gen6 in the driveway.

Also, the Camaro is off of the Alpha architecture and you CAN get two sets of golf clubs in an ATS Coupe and Sedan. So it isn't the architecture. It's what they did with it.
This ^ I would think they could have made the trunk slightly larger or a better opening without sacrificing performance. It was a clear style over function choice IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
I do understand what you are saying ,when i got married and planned to have kids i traded my 81 Z28 in for Monte Carlo SS and that worked perfect .I may be selfish but the Camaro for me and the wife is the perfect car for what it is ,its when people want it to be more then it is then problems show up . I think the way Chevy has put the Gen 6 Camaro together has turned it into one of the best Sports cars in the world ,they have come a very long way. If people can't put kids in (safely)or stick golf clubs in it then its not the car for them, get a more user friendly Mustang or Challenger ,but don't blame Chevy for building a great sports car .
I don't want it to be more than it is, I just want it to be as capable/liveable as it's direct competitor.

Quote:
That's funny I see a lot of similarities in the design of the Silverado and the new SS...
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!