Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 12-05-2019, 05:48 AM   #1
chevcanada

Drives: chevy Camaro
Floor noise 2019 system install

So unfortunately after adding the new Nav TV AVB GM the hissing floor noise returned after 6 days. Before the box it twice lasted only a day before returning. For my complex install the factory harness was extended, an amp rack was built that holds the Nav Box giving power to a hertz8 DSP then to 2 amps for A pillar tweeters and door speakers. Subwoofer also. Very expensive nice system and after no issues for 6 days now when I open the car head unit powers up and this weird electrical noise happens followed by constant speaker hiss out of every speaker. It has made my lcd screen flash also. I now don't know what to do it has been troubleshooted so many times. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
chevcanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 12:10 PM   #2
headgamez

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
You extended the factory harness? Crimping or soldering??
headgamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 02:04 PM   #3
gblaue

Drives: 2017 Bright Yellow ZL1 6spd
From NAV-TV's Installation Manual:
IMPORTANT NOTE: Many GM vehicles have poor chassis grounding. BEFORE connecting this interface, check the GROUND to the amplifier using a digital multimeter. If resistance (reference vehicle’s battery negative) is greater than 1 OHM, run amp ground directly to battery or find a better ground source. Warranty will be VOID for the AVB-GM if damage is caused due to faulty ground(s).
Old 12-07-2019, 05:02 PM   #4
chevcanada

Before the noise dissapeared for a few days when adjusting settings with the dsp which was strange but then came back. If you had to guess then it's most likely a poor ground? Any secondary ideas?
Old 12-08-2019, 08:17 AM   #5
headgamez

I had some noise with my m650 unit initially, as I thought, but it was strictly a gain structuring issue. This was associated with my arc audio PS8. Are you analog or digital out from the integration unit?
Old 12-08-2019, 09:40 PM   #6
chevcanada

Ahh okay. So it was my understanding that we were utilizing both but when I picked up the car and then we listened for 5 minutes before it just shut off. so we went just analog I believe. maybe whatever reason caused that is to blame for the hissing.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:15 PM   #7
headgamez

If you can, use the digital output from the NavTV piece, either toslink or coax. I am currently using digital coax from blue Jeans cable. The noises that I originally had were very strange, along with the extremely high noise floor.
Old 06-25-2020, 01:07 AM   #8
chevcanada

So unfortunately when back on optical the audio cuts out. Went back on once then cut out again. I have contacted Nav TV and they said a fix will be available imminently. The hissing from the tweeters is still there when on optical but it is very faint. I guess it's sonething ill just have to live with
Old 06-26-2020, 08:11 PM   #9
SilverCamaroVert

Drives: 2019 LT3 RS Convertible
Mine doesn't hiss but certainly have had some issues with the AVB. Do your blinkers only sound under 23mph?

I have had to switch to RCA as the optical to my Audio Control work part of the time. I would say 1 in 5 times of starting the car, no audio passes and I have to disconnect and reconnect the optical. I'm on my 3rd AVB at this point. This product wasn't ready for prime time.
SilverCamaroVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 10:51 PM   #10
chevcanada

I'll test the blinkers thst sounds strange but your optical situation sounds very similiar to mine. Nav support has told me the update will soon be available so I will post an update following that
Old 06-27-2020, 07:03 AM   #11
SilverCamaroVert

Drives: 2019 LT3 RS Convertible
Yeah, the blinkers thing has been like that since the beginning. It took me a while to notice it was happening. I would put the blinker on while slowing down and no sound then I finally identified it would play or not play if you speed up or down around 23mph. Support sent me another unit and it does the same thing.

They claim that GM keeps rapidly updating the cars and breaking things. Might be true. I can live with the blinker noise thing, it's the running to the trunk 1 in 5 starts to mess with the system that is unacceptable.

Support blames it on my audio control unit saying they are designed to shutdown the optical if they don't see activity or something.
SilverCamaroVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 09:48 PM   #12
DFW_Muscle

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
I made a similar post a few months ago, regarding this same issue. I had the same symptoms as you, the only difference is I have the PAC Audio AMP Pro interface instead of the NAV TV. The floor noise and random chirps and beeps when modules energized etch drove me bonkers. I swapped from a coax to a toslink cable to my Bit10D sound processor, and the floor noise is about 90% reduced. I still think the location of the AmpPro device picks up interference in the front under-dash location, as I could move it around an inch or two and the floor noise would increase or decrease (when I still had the coax cable). But, the toslink cable more or less solved it for me.
DFW_Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote