Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-15-2018, 02:06 PM   #1
Flashyeezus
SS

Drives: 2018 ss
Camaro SS A8 turning everything off traction and stabilitrak

I normally use competitive mode but a friend of mine told me it still holds back power and instead turn everything off such as traction and stabilitrak by holding the button . Does it really push more power also I'm aware it's more risky and you gotta be more careful due to less traction on wheels .
Flashyeezus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 03:28 PM   #2
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Do it at your own risk.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 03:37 PM   #3
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashyeezus View Post
I normally use competitive mode but a friend of mine told me it still holds back power and instead turn everything off such as traction and stabilitrak by holding the button . Does it really push more power also I'm aware it's more risky and you gotta be more careful due to less traction on wheels .
Unless you are thinking about turning the nannies off on a road course, go ahead and turn them off if your going to make a 1/4 mile pass down the track. A stock 455 horse SS just doesn't have enough power to get you in trouble on a well prepped track warmed by the sun and with nice warm rear tires at the proper air pressure (25 rear, 40 front.)
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 03:05 AM   #4
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
yes holding the button until the stabilitrak light comes on gets rid of the nannys but a SS still doesnt have enough power to get away from you unless you keep your foot to the floor after you freak out and are losing control.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:45 AM   #5
matt fe2o3

Drives: 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
yes holding the button until the stabilitrak light comes on gets rid of the nannys but a SS still doesnt have enough power to get away from you unless you keep your foot to the floor after you freak out and are losing control.
Challenge accepted