Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-15-2018, 01:41 PM   #113
Rob13567

Drives: 2016 camaro 2ss NGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Welcome to 2019. Other brands been using SB's for years now. Late to the party.
I know that, said wow cause surprised at how they work guess that's the reason for the split in the drls. Also I have the diode dynamic switchback drls.
Rob13567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 01:53 PM   #114
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
The front is not bad...more colors and graphic packages will make it loo even better.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 02:04 PM   #115
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Looks better than the 5th Gen. And I like and had a 5th gen until the 6th Gen came out.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 02:41 PM   #116
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Even though the facelift is growing on me (still like the pre-refresh better, but with black accents the SS could look great), I'm still shocked how easy you could fix what most people don't like about it. Bodycolored front and moving bowtie up and the design would be appealing to much more people

Here's a quick photoshop from a Camarofest picture:
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2018, 03:42 PM   #117
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
Even though the facelift is growing on me (still like the pre-refresh better, but with black accents the SS could look great), I'm still shocked how easy you could fix what most people don't like about it. Bodycolored front and moving bowtie up and the design would be appealing to much more people

As said a million times before...that helps it a LOT. (although it could be better with one other minor change.

But the bowtie cannot be easily moved. Its a dang bowtie shaped hole in the bumper.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:42 PM   #118
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
Quote:

Coming soon to a body shop near you!
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 04:11 PM   #119
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob13567 View Post
I know that, said wow cause surprised at how they work guess that's the reason for the split in the drls. Also I have the diode dynamic switchback drls.

Yea, I was with you. Was just saying it to GM. It's like they get a golf clap or something. Is this the first vehicle that they offer the switch backs on? Cus I don't recall any other model, even Cadillac having them.
Old 07-15-2018, 05:41 PM   #120
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
Quote:

I think it looks good either way !
Old 07-15-2018, 05:42 PM   #121
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
Quote:
Yea, I was with you. Was just saying it to GM. It's like they get a golf clap or something. Is this the first vehicle that they offer the switch backs on? Cus I don't recall any other model, even Cadillac having them.
switch backs ?

Do you mean the front turn signals alternate between two different lights instead of one just flashing ?
Old 07-15-2018, 06:00 PM   #122
Rob13567

Drives: 2016 camaro 2ss NGM
Quote:
Sorry misinterpreted, cadillac cts bottom drls on the front bumper actually do and Yukon and sierra also have a portion of their drl lights switch to amber.
Rob13567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 06:15 PM   #123
Docprego

Drives: 2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I'm neither hot nor cold on the SS front fascia refresh, though with time it is improving for me. However the photoshop by Samurai IMO is definitely an improvement and it very clearly showed me that it would be quite simple to satisfy just about everyone (for the most part). All chevy has to do is offer a body colored option for the piece between the fangs. They could charge a reasonable amount and then many of the complaints would be negated, everyone gets the look they prefer.

They offer vents in standard carbon flash (essentially black) or optional matching body color on the C7 so it's not without precedent.

I'll be very curious to see if this option ever becomes available. If it does, I'm sure Chevy heard the buzz and it was a reaction to it.
Docprego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 06:36 PM   #124
hector95z

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
I'm a Camaro guy first and foremost, not a fan boy but, a fan. With that said, I'll love whichever route Chevy takes the car, unless they go fwd or CUV like the Eclipse nameplate. I like the car the way it is but, Chevy does need to offer the photoshop version. It makes the car look different than the original design, if not better. This and it is such an easy fix for them. I'm calling BS on the placement of the flowtie. I'm sure it won't enhance nor hamper airflow significantly. What are we going to sacrifice with placing it higher, a horsepower, 5 hp perhaps? If Chevy wants to go with their original design then so be it bu,t please offer the photoshop option too, thanks

Last edited by hector95z; 07-15-2018 at 09:17 PM.
hector95z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:17 PM   #125
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docprego View Post
I'm neither hot nor cold on the SS front fascia refresh, though with time it is improving for me. However the photoshop by Samurai IMO is definitely an improvement and it very clearly showed me that it would be quite simple to satisfy just about everyone (for the most part). All chevy has to do is offer a body colored option for the piece between the fangs. They could charge a reasonable amount and then many of the complaints would be negated, everyone gets the look they prefer.

They offer vents in standard carbon flash (essentially black) or optional matching body color on the C7 so it's not without precedent.

I'll be very curious to see if this option ever becomes available. If it does, I'm sure Chevy heard the buzz and it was a reaction to it.
For the 17-18 model they offer Color matching nostrills, So it could be posible, even the Silverado has a Color matching grill for the RST package
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:37 PM   #126
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
That Red Hot though...
Attached Images

JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote