Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-01-2018, 12:53 PM   #29
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by COPO_Chevy View Post
Looks great to me, sinister looking. Love that orange..
Agree. The new SS looks more aggressive. Interesting that the new hood is one inch taller. Hopefully that’s to clear something bigger that is yet to be announced.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 01:16 PM   #30
mmadden2

Drives: '12 LaCrosse, '14 Encore, '17 2SS
If, in America, one is still entitled to their opinion...

I just don't personally like the 19 changes better than the 16-18 style. I find it awkward looking. I don't prefer the grille, the flow tie, the air extractor, the swirl wheels, or the tail lights. Basically all new aesthetic aspects are a downgrade in my eyes.

I'm really glad to have watched that video link, it's verification that buying a leftover 17 instead of waiting for 19's was the best choice for me. Not for everyone, but definitely for me. I'm sure the A10 is great but it certainly wasn't enough to make me buy a weirder looking car (in my eyes) over the great looking original Gen 6.

You can have all have different opinions, but mine can't be wrong, since we're each entitled to our own.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:06 PM   #31
COPO_Chevy

Drives: 2015 Malibu 1LT; '87 Grand Prix LE
Send a message via MSN to COPO_Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSA464 View Post
Are you kidding? Sinister?! Ha! Not really at all. Sinister is what this refresh lost. It's a "nice" smilling camery/silverado/malibu.
I guess that's your opinion.. Not sure how people couldn't see how this is more sinister in it's own way. See how opinions differ? I honestly like this front end better than the first initial release of the 6th gen. I've talked with several people on this and they all agree as well.

Is this to everyone's taste? I guess not since were having this conversation, but to say this is ugly like some on here? I have no idea what they are smoking. I'm going to go on a limb and say most of the people that see it are going to like it. Us enthusiasts are a small percentage of people, luckily for myself and the others that actually do like the refresh, since I'm sure it'll sell just fine for GM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Agree. The new SS looks more aggressive. Interesting that the new hood is one inch taller. Hopefully that’s to clear something bigger that is yet to be announced.
Agreed. Has that "insane" aggressive smile, and I love it. Well, if I can dream, I'd hope for the new LT5 engine, but realistically no idea..
COPO_Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 02:41 PM   #32
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit38 View Post
I wish I knew how to embed a video on here....but anyway y'all will want to see this !

Todd From Chevrolet Performance Gives Us A Walk About the 2019 Camaro

https://youtu.be/p8d4J7QN4b0
-
-
-
-
Marketing Manager...the MY2019 Challenger changes + redline model got 5 (FIVE!!!) really cool marketing videos and tons of pictures to make people exited about the new model year. And yet the 2019 Camaro order banks are open and we got some rendering pictures with not that cool angles and a lame video with seeing the car standing around from two angles...

I'm not really a fan of the challenger, but this is how you sell cars, not hiding your brand new car beside some small events nobody cares about

Old 07-01-2018, 02:45 PM   #33
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I'm sorry..The 19 refresh DOES Not spell fear at all. If anything its becoming LESS aggressive.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:03 PM   #34
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
I'm sorry..The 19 refresh DOES Not spell fear at all. If anything its becoming LESS aggressive.

Your opinion. Are you going to crap all over buyer this fall too?

My first post regarding the refresh last April was to say the SS looked more aggressive and they softened the RS.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:09 PM   #35
Stroked84

Drives: Nothing fun, currently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
I'm not really a fan of the challenger, but this is how you sell cars, not hiding your brand new car beside some small events nobody cares about

You're exactly right. I can't stand the Challenger, but I envy those Dodge fans. SRT keeps churning out cars that I'd love to get on board for. If only they weren't land yachts, the interior wasn't so primative, and they were a touch more modern, I'd be all over a Challenger Scat Pack.

On the flip side Chevy and Ford keep tripping over their own feet with styling, while doing everything else right. Ford had my money with the power bump and 10-speed AT, all they had to do is not butcher the refresh. Chevy had my money with the 10-speed AT, all they had to do is not butcher the refresh.

I'd love to see some aftermarket taillights and front bumpers for the refresh. The Rousch stuff is cartoon-esque with the Mustang.
Stroked84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:20 PM   #36
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
Quote:
Marketing Manager...the MY2019 Challenger changes + redline model got 5 (FIVE!!!) really cool marketing videos and tons of pictures to make people exited about the new model year. And yet the 2019 Camaro order banks are open and we got some rendering pictures with not that cool angles and a lame video with seeing the car standing around from two angles...

I am not going to argue with that statement at all !
Old 07-01-2018, 04:12 PM   #37
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:

I will say they do make cool cars and commercials , they sell an image . Chevy should do a commercial with those cars against the Camaro 1LE family around Nurburgring or Streets of Willow and show people what those Challengers can do , it would be comical. Good chance Dodge won't complete a lap .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:16 PM   #38
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
The more I see photographs and videos of the 2019 SS, the more I want one! I love the aggressive styling!
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 05:38 PM   #39
8675309’SS

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post
Personal Opinions?
IMO they look better in person than pictures. Even my pictures. Do they make me drool? No, not particularly. But I LOVE my car. So I can’t give you much of an unbiased opinion. The tail lights though....make me uncomfortable. Uncomfortable like when you are at a wedding and the 12 year old girl catches the bouquet and a 25 year old catches the garter. No one wants it to end up that way.

As an aside, just about every person who’s photoshopped a modification to the 2019 has made them look so much better—in my opinion. So maybe these will make a great canvas for the modifiers.

My First Camaro! 2017 2SS 6M, Silver Ice Metallic, 20" Low Gloss Black Wheels, Red Fender Hashes, Ground FX, NPP, MRC, Sunroof, Black Bowties. Ordered 4-22-16, Picked up 7-16-16.
8675309’SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 05:42 PM   #40
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by COPO_Chevy View Post
I guess that's your opinion.. Not sure how people couldn't see how this is more sinister in it's own way. See how opinions differ? I honestly like this front end better than the first initial release of the 6th gen. I've talked with several people on this and they all agree as well.

Is this to everyone's taste? I guess not since were having this conversation, but to say this is ugly like some on here? I have no idea what they are smoking. I'm going to go on a limb and say most of the people that see it are going to like it. Us enthusiasts are a small percentage of people, luckily for myself and the others that actually do like the refresh, since I'm sure it'll sell just fine for GM.

Agreed. Has that "insane" aggressive smile, and I love it. Well, if I can dream, I'd hope for the new LT5 engine, but realistically no idea..

Out of 15-20 people I've talked to in person only 1 like the 19 version, everyone else thought it was a step back. The one person who liked it, thought it looked more sporty like a Lexus and would be popular with the younger crowd.
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 05:44 PM   #41
bandit38

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8675309’SS View Post
IMO they look better in person than pictures. Even my pictures. Do they make me drool? No, not particularly. But I LOVE my car. So I can’t give you much of an unbiased opinion. The tail lights though....make me uncomfortable. Uncomfortable like when you are at a wedding and the 12 year old girl catches the bouquet and a 25 year old catches the garter. No one wants it to end up that way.

As an aside, just about every person who’s photoshopped a modification to the 2019 has made them look so much better—in my opinion. So maybe these will make a great canvas for the modifiers.

That Riverside Blue was there any hint of Purple in that color or just straight up blue ?

I love Hyper Blue and kinda hate I didn't end up buying one, but this one is looking better than I thought initially.

In the pictures I have seen it looks between the Deep Ocean Blue on my truck and Hyper Blue.
Old 07-01-2018, 05:48 PM   #42
bandit38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougCBJ View Post
Out of 15-20 people I've talked to in person only 1 like the 19 version, everyone else thought it was a step back. The one person who liked it, thought it looked more sporty like a Lexus and would be popular with the younger crowd.
But you gotta remember hardly anyone has actually "seen" them in person yet.....Once they are out in public a lot more people will like it.

GM does a very poor job of showing off their cars in pictures.