Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-11-2017, 01:04 PM   #1
xonos

Drives: 2016 2SS (Nightfall Gray Metallic)
MyLink Radio Development (2016 2SS)

I know that this has been asked about many times but I'll give it a shot but in a different direction.

I am trying to find the physical hardware that controls the MyLink touchscreen and handles the operating system. I was able to get into the menus (pressing Home, Power & Back at the same time) to see hardware & firmware information. With this in mind, I would like to take a look at the board.

The following build & assembly information is the only seemingly relevant information I could find through the front-end:

BUILDVERSION_BUILDUSER: gmint
BUILDVERSION_TYPE: dev
BUILDVERSION_CUSTVERSTRING: 17.09.2015/5/GMG3G_LINUX_15.1A052
SUPPLIER_ECU_SOFTWARE_VERSION_NUMBER: GMG3G_LINUX_15.1A052
PRODUCT_PART_NUMBER: 7515400355
BOARD_NAME: i.MX6 DL GM MY16 B3 Board, DTBID 30db, 640MB DRAM
HMI Version: 15.1V009_R1_P5.16_MY16
SCC_APP_LABLE: GMG3_AUTOSAR_15.15.0C06.14
GUI Framework Version: RBEI.MY16_FRAMEWORK_2015_21

As you can see from the information above - despite what many have proclaimed, this is not running Windows CE. They have moved on to Linux which is fine for me. From the look of it, based on the cryptic "BUILDUSER" value - one can surmise that it's running a build of Linux Mint.

So, I looked up that part number and didn't find anything. I just want to know if there is an accessible board somewhere so I can look at the physical storage. If there's something I can desolder from the board, I'll do it so I can get a better look at the system files. This way, I can, at the very-least, make some meaningful modifications.

If anyone has any useful information regarding this, let me know. I am a programmer and I am ready to put that to use.
xonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 07:32 AM   #2
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
GTPrix would be the person to speak with, he has in depth knowledge of the GM systems and the programming.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:27 PM   #3
benji276289

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS1LE, 6 spd.man., Ora
Send a message via Skype™ to benji276289
If you're talking about the module that feeds the touchscreen, it's located inside a panel located below the glove box. There are 4 hexagonal screws that hold the panel in place. Take out the screws and the panel with the module drops out.
benji276289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 04:24 PM   #4
xonos

Drives: 2016 2SS (Nightfall Gray Metallic)
Super late response here but I remembered suddenly to come back and check for replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
GTPrix would be the person to speak with, he has in depth knowledge of the GM systems and the programming.
Excellent. Thank you for pointing me in the right directly. I did a search but I didn't see this person listed here. Are they on Camaro5 maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji276289 View Post
If you're talking about the module that feeds the touchscreen, it's located inside a panel located below the glove box. There are 4 hexagonal screws that hold the panel in place. Take out the screws and the panel with the module drops out.
Wow. I was looking in all the wrong places. Thank you VERY much for this information. I'm hoping that I can tap into the filesystem here to take a peek at what's running behind the scenes and potentially alter it. I'm hoping anyways...
xonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 04:43 PM   #5
Rooster OG

Drives: 2016
When I had my c7, this guy compiled a ton of info on the hmi module, maybe some of this will be helpful to what you’re after.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-versions.html
Rooster OG is offline   Reply With Quote