Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-30-2016, 04:42 PM   #3445
Goblue1313

Drives: F350
They should have had a Cruze SS with the 2.0 turbo in the plans when they showed the new 5 door. It would immediately be able to tap into a hot hatch marketplace where they have had no precence in a while that could have some sales volume. If they decide to forgo that and shoot for a CLA AMG beater I don't doubt that they could as evidenced by the capabilities souped ATS & CTS's. Unfortunately I think it will end up being a player in a very niche market where the name will mean as much as the actual performance and end up sitting on the lots with the other Cadillacs not making a dent in sales.
Goblue1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 05:43 PM   #3446
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Alright, but what about this one for the 2016 Monte Carlo Hybrid?

http://www.newcarreleasedates.com/20...id-monte-carlo

They also have info about the new Trans Am, GTO, Iroc-Z, Nova, Coronet, GTX, Duster, and Superbird. Either the person running that website is very gullible, or enjoys making up fictional stories for fan renderings of cars.
It's all about hits and site traffic probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblue1313 View Post
They should have had a Cruze SS with the 2.0 turbo in the plans when they showed the new 5 door. It would immediately be able to tap into a hot hatch marketplace where they have had no precence in a while that could have some sales volume. If they decide to forgo that and shoot for a CLA AMG beater I don't doubt that they could as evidenced by the capabilities souped ATS & CTS's. Unfortunately I think it will end up being a player in a very niche market where the name will mean as much as the actual performance and end up sitting on the lots with the other Cadillacs not making a dent in sales.
You're looking at it wrong. There most likely will be a V-series M/AMG killer but the point of any D2XX Cadillac program would be the volume standard model. Every luxury brand is doing this.

Personally I think the whole concept of a volume entry level model cheapens the brand, but the CLA/2-series have undoubtedly been successful sales wise.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:01 PM   #3447
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
BMW & Mercedes can get away with a low cost entry model as some people will by it just for the badge. GM and ford have too many past disasters to try that again. Cimmaron and Versailles anyone?
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 07:23 PM   #3448
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Alright, but what about this one for the 2016 Monte Carlo Hybrid?

http://www.newcarreleasedates.com/20...id-monte-carlo

They also have info about the new Trans Am, GTO, Iroc-Z, Nova, Coronet, GTX, Duster, and Superbird. Either the person running that website is very gullible, or enjoys making up fictional stories for fan renderings of cars.
A bunch of BS to stir up people that believe everything they read on the internet is true.
Old 05-30-2016, 08:20 PM   #3449
Goblue1313

Drives: F350
Fenwick, I know what you are saying and I believe that they will make a really nice mini-caddy. But as Royal Tiger said the other luxury brands are making it work because there are people that would buy a Yugo if it had a Mercedes or BMW badge on it. Cadillac does not have the cache valve of the other luxury marquees and hasn't for a long time. Car magazines talk about how good the ATS and CTS are and how is that translating in sales numbers? Cadillac has a brand image problem and I'm not entirely sure it is fixable. I hope I'm wrong but it hasn't seemed like they are trending up in their market even with some of the good products they've put out. That's why I would rather see the resources applied in this case to a product and a market share that GM still is competitive in. I'm sure that is probably an overly simple way of looking at it but that's the way it looks in consumer land.
Goblue1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 08:21 PM   #3450
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Yeah, I can't tell you how many times I've heard, have you seen the new Chevelle that's coming out? Or the new Trans Am as if GM is building it. People take everything as gospel these days.
Old 05-30-2016, 08:32 PM   #3451
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
BMW & Mercedes can get away with a low cost entry model as some people will by it just for the badge. GM and ford have too many past disasters to try that again. Cimmaron and Versailles anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblue1313 View Post
Fenwick, I know what you are saying and I believe that they will make a really nice mini-caddy. But as Royal Tiger said the other luxury brands are making it work because there are people that would buy a Yugo if it had a Mercedes or BMW badge on it. Cadillac does not have the cache valve of the other luxury marquees and hasn't for a long time. Car magazines talk about how good the ATS and CTS are and how is that translating in sales numbers? Cadillac has a brand image problem and I'm not entirely sure it is fixable. I hope I'm wrong but it hasn't seemed like they are trending up in their market even with some of the good products they've put out. That's why I would rather see the resources applied in this case to a product and a market share that GM still is competitive in. I'm sure that is probably an overly simple way of looking at it but that's the way it looks in consumer land.
Cadillac ATPs are also higher than the rest of the luxury segment right now.

I expect Cadillac to return to the formula that worked for them in the past. There's a reason ATS and CTS will not have direct replacements.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:18 PM   #3452
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Cadillac ATPs are also higher than the rest of the luxury segment right now.

I expect Cadillac to return to the formula that worked for them in the past. There's a reason ATS and CTS will not have direct replacements.
I believe the new nomenclature will hurt more than it'll help.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:05 AM   #3453
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Chevy shoukd build an Impala In a 2dr or 4dr with a V8, now that I would buy in a heart beat !
Old 05-31-2016, 12:47 AM   #3454
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Hmmm. wonder where this idea came from?
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2016, 08:15 AM   #3455
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Yeah, I can't tell you how many times I've heard, have you seen the new Chevelle that's coming out? Or the new Trans Am as if GM is building it. People take everything as gospel these days.
My buddy is the same way, I've gotten to the point where I just play dumb lol there are a few things that pop up on Facebook that are obviously websites just trying to get hits so they'll say that these cars are coming out soon.

Speaking of this, what's the deal with this whole Bronco thing? Is that actually coming out or is that just hot air?
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 08:41 AM   #3456
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
My buddy is the same way, I've gotten to the point where I just play dumb lol there are a few things that pop up on Facebook that are obviously websites just trying to get hits so they'll say that these cars are coming out soon.

Speaking of this, what's the deal with this whole Bronco thing? Is that actually coming out or is that just hot air?
I think the Bronco thing came out during the recent round of negotiations between Ford & the UAW. But I don't think Ford has made any public announcement about what its going to be like or when it will be built.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 08:51 AM   #3457
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
I love Caddy's, and hope they do well. I just get bad vibes about having one list at $24,995. If you are a "premium" brand, then you need to stay at that level. I'm sure Escalade sales are carrying the division; for now.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 10:10 AM   #3458
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
I think the Bronco thing came out during the recent round of negotiations between Ford & the UAW. But I don't think Ford has made any public announcement about what its going to be like or when it will be built.
Yeah it was in the release of the UAW contract details. Ranger in 2019, Bronco in 2020 and an "upgrade" to the 5.2 Voodoo lines.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fenwickhockey65, gm questions, questions