Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-15-2015, 07:50 AM   #15
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
Guys the problems with GM cars and trucks are no worse than other car makers. It doesn't effect any more than 1 tenth of one percent of their cars or trucks. Its just we live in the tech age where we are made notice of every single one. Yes there will be someone who gets their SS and the LT1 will grenade itself. Out of the 100k or so cars, its bound to happen.
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 11:33 AM   #16
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonK View Post
Car and Driver just put up their long-term wrapup on their C7 - and to say it is scary is a gross understatement. I probably would have lemon-lawed the car it had so many issues. Everything from the HU down gave them headaches - grenading engine, leaking axle seals at 25k, crappy transmission that had no fix, failed HVAC, the list goes on. Now their car may have been an extreme example but the Vette forums suggest problems are not uncommon.

It will be very interesting to see if the same reliability issues plague the Gen 6 - it of course has basically the same engine, but the car itself is assembled at a different plant from the Vette so maybe there's hope.
Notice how this person does not explain what they own? We all heard of the oil filter problems and the overheating of the corvette. Will this be the same as the camaro? No I think chevrolet makes damn reliable v8's. THe corvette is always the test bed for this. Also this is an ats with a v8. A Lot of what is designed has been thoroughly tested at this point. If you are car guy then enjoy the car not the hype! You could have bought a Fiat/ Chrysler!
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 03:21 PM   #17
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggercamaro21 View Post
Guys the problems with GM cars and trucks are no worse than other car makers. It doesn't effect any more than 1 tenth of one percent of their cars or trucks. Its just we live in the tech age where we are made notice of every single one. Yes there will be someone who gets their SS and the LT1 will grenade itself. Out of the 100k or so cars, its bound to happen.
Sorry, but GM is having some real QC issues, and it's affecting a lot more than 1/10of one percent. Do your own research and you will see that they are having issues across the board with the newer products.

And then there is this:

http://jalopnik.com/gm-just-lost-its...our-1748137191
SS376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 03:23 PM   #18
SS376

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
I have heard of little to basically no powertrain issues in the new GM trucks. Some have had vibration issues (not engine vibrations) and many complained about the slow throttle response (tuning for gas mileage) but those are irrelevant.
Add loose seats, inoperative seat cooling, cab leaks, electrical issues, rattle issues, etc, etc. They won't improve things if their customers don't demand it.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:27 PM   #19
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS376 View Post
Sorry, but GM is having some real QC issues, and it's affecting a lot more than 1/10of one percent. Do your own research and you will see that they are having issues across the board with the newer products.

And then there is this:

http://jalopnik.com/gm-just-lost-its...our-1748137191
I have done my own research. There is nothing that stands out as anything out of the ordinary for a brand new model. There is always Quality issues with any new models.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:20 PM   #20
SS376

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggercamaro21 View Post
I have done my own research. There is nothing that stands out as anything out of the ordinary for a brand new model. There is always Quality issues with any new models.
OK, believe what you want.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:32 AM   #21
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS376 View Post
OK, believe what you want.
Show me some hard proof that GM new model cars are any worse the normal, and I will believe you. Just because we hear about most of them now, doesn't mean that the percentage is any higher.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:56 AM   #22
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
The real question here is did team Corvette share with team Camaro everything they learned in regards to the seals and other issues gleaned from the Corvette?

I drive a '15 Denali 1500 Sierra and I have an inoperative heated seat, a poorly functioning heated steering wheel, and the paint on the front bumper looks like it has 100,000 miles of heavy gravel usage on it @ 12k miles. (I have never even driven on gravel!) I had issues with my 2008 Escalade and I have given GM another chance with this truck. Yes, my warranty will cover the issues I have so far. Honestly, on a $60,000 truck, I should not be experiencing these problems. I know I am already thinking of looking elsewhere for my next daily.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:41 AM   #23
EE7

Drives: New
Is anyone beginning to believe that Devon is the same extremist fanboy that palled around with thePill on Mustang6g? I apologize to you if I am wrong.
EE7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 11:48 AM   #24
DevonK

Drives: TBD
Quote:
Originally Posted by EE7 View Post
Is anyone beginning to believe that Devon is the same extremist fanboy that palled around with thePill on Mustang6g? I apologize to you if I am wrong.

Thanks - laugh of the day for me. Quite unlike thePill (whose stuff I just skip over on the rare occasion I'm ever on Mustang6) I think the Camaro SS is clearly the superior car (visibility issues excepted). But the reliability and robustness of GM performance machinery has been brought into question with the C7 Corvette experience, and to some it's worth considering if any problems could transfer over with the common engine.
DevonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 12:41 PM   #25
ssyellow1

Drives: Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
People keep forgetting about all the great lap times the Z06 has been laying down and concentrating on the the snafus. People will be people and man's best friend will always be his dog...for a reason.
Indeed, it hauls around a track.....when it works. I love the car for the value per dollar aspect.

I was at a track day up here in Michigan and some guy couldn't do more than 8 minutes without his car going into limp mode with ambient temps around 86 degrees. This wasn't a power track either, lots of turns and a tight track.

Even my old Cobalt SS with the roots blower was always battling the heat issue.
ssyellow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 12:59 PM   #26
EE7

Drives: New
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonK View Post

Thanks - laugh of the day for me. Quite unlike thePill (whose stuff I just skip over on the rare occasion I'm ever on Mustang6) I think the Camaro SS is clearly the superior car (visibility issues excepted). But the reliability and robustness of GM performance machinery has been brought into question with the C7 Corvette experience, and to some it's worth considering if any problems could transfer over with the common engine.
You are welcome for the laugh of the day. Also I send you my apologies for being an assumptive ass.
EE7 is offline   Reply With Quote