Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-07-2015, 11:22 AM   #29
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
I am surprise to know about these convertible problems. I mean, they had convertible cars for decades and one would think issues such as these have already been sorted.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 04:44 PM   #30
Ernest T

Drives: 2014 RS
We just got back from a two week vacation in Arizona and Utah. We rented a 2015 Camaro convertible for the trip. As much as we liked the open top, I don't think I'd buy one. The chassis felt loose, with flexing and shuddering over bumps, even little ones. We had to take the luggage out of the trunk to put the top down because the top took half the room in the trunk when retracted. When it was down, the top fluttered in the wind and that has to cause wear. It's a great experience, even better than our C7 couple with removable carbon fiber top, because the whole roof is open. It's also very slow to open and close and you can't do it in motion like you can with the C7 vert. We'll rent when we want the experience.
Ernest T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 05:51 PM   #31
Joe Roe

Drives: 2015 LT automatic
I owned a vert one time....one time...that's all it took and I was done with those.
Joe Roe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:21 PM   #32
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Roe View Post
I owned a vert one time....one time...that's all it took and I was done with those.
I went back a 2nd time - never again!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:58 PM   #33
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
After a year and a half with my 13 vert, I still love it, Chevy got it right with mine.....it's perfect, and I have the top down all the time, if u see me driving with the top up......that's not me you see.
I have been hard on this car too, usually drive without the tonaue cover.....no rub marks and never a leak. This car is nice and quiet when the top is up on rare occasions.
This is my first vert I have ever owned, everyone told me I would end up hating it, and after just a few months I will lose interest of having the top down, absolutely the opposite has happened! I can't get enough of this car! And as for the car flexing and rattling on bumps and things like railroad tracks? I barely noticed the difference compared to the hardtop I used to have.
Totally happy with my 13 vert, there is NOTHING I would have them change on this car.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:15 AM   #34
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007s 'Vert View Post
After a year and a half with my 13 vert, I still love it, Chevy got it right with mine.....it's perfect, and I have the top down all the time, if u see me driving with the top up......that's not me you see.
I have been hard on this car too, usually drive without the tonaue cover.....no rub marks and never a leak. This car is nice and quiet when the top is up on rare occasions.
This is my first vert I have ever owned, everyone told me I would end up hating it, and after just a few months I will lose interest of having the top down, absolutely the opposite has happened! I can't get enough of this car! And as for the car flexing and rattling on bumps and things like railroad tracks? I barely noticed the difference compared to the hardtop I used to have.
Totally happy with my 13 vert, there is NOTHING I would have them change on this car.
I agree with everything except I've had mine 2 1/2 years, not my first convertible and it would be just about perfect if it had an automatic hard tonneau that went up and down at speeds up to 30mph like the 6th. I usually don't put my tonneau on except for long drives anyway.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 10:51 AM   #35
xnuyokr

Drives: 2012 1LT Drop Top
I chose the v6 convertible over the v8 coupe...... and couldn't be happier. Going for a drive in any Camaro in itself is awesome. Dropping the top makes it that much better. This is my first convertible and I'd venture to say that I will always have one. (I go into Manhattan often and for as much I love top down driving on the beautiful country roads of Pa, the city in a Vert is a real treat)!
Old 10-23-2015, 04:02 PM   #36
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
I posted my new vehicle here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=426212

I was very seriously considering a Corvette, but there were a few things that held me back.

first the Chevy Dealership I have dealt with for over 20 years treated me like crap during the buyback.

GM handled it well, but the dealership didn't, I am still waiting on payback for my GAP and Extended warranty coverage, which was supposed to ready the day the buy back was complete.

Additionally the Service Manager @ the dealership who was supposed to handle the buy back decided to ditch me after making the appointment with GM, I am guessing because he is such a total ass to begin with and didn't want to face me after telling me to F-off once my warranty was done. It was handed off to someone who had never done a buy back and created more stress and issues than I should have had to deal with.

It left a real sour taste with me. So I shelved the Corvette dream and looked elsewhere for a vehicle, see above thread.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:43 PM   #37
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Awesome ride!
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 04:54 PM   #38
tmaleck

Drives: Replacement 2SS 'Vert 67 Cutlass
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
Awesome ride!
This is my tenth convertible, give or take. Between my wife and I we have four right now. Yes, they can shudder or squeak or do other things, but that's part of the deal. My Camaro is surprisingly solid, it reminds me a lot of my Saab 93 convertible. Some folks aren't into the droptop thing, but I have a hard time buying a car that isn't. To each their own, right?

Tim
tmaleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:31 PM   #39
760bowtie

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, 2018 Silverado CC
Can you PM me some advice on how to start the process of trying to get GM to buy back a vehicle? I've been having issues with my 2 month old 2015 silverado. It's been to the dealership 4 times for a check engine light related to emissions issues. I'm fed up with having to take it back to the dealership every week for the past month.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:42 AM   #40
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
sounds like the lemon law remedy was more than fair, too bad you had to wait so long. It appears that the dealership is partially at fault, based on the poor quality craftsmanship you received.
I am a 2011 early vert owner. Had top replaced once for rub spots and now very careful to stow top under tonneau I believe flapping of the top created most concerns and if you eliminate that you have solved your problem

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF hood extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace, NPP exhaust
sbubbaklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:21 PM   #41
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 760bowtie View Post
Can you PM me some advice on how to start the process of trying to get GM to buy back a vehicle? I've been having issues with my 2 month old 2015 silverado. It's been to the dealership 4 times for a check engine light related to emissions issues. I'm fed up with having to take it back to the dealership every week for the past month.
Start a case with Chevy Customer Care, most of them are morons but it at least it'll get the ball rolling. 800-222-1020

I'd also get all of your paperwork together, make an appointment to talk to the dealership's service manager. He can then contact the local DM and try to get the ball rolling on the process. I'd also check your state laws and see what remedy you have there as well.
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:39 AM   #42
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Convertibles suck in my opinion. Rag top is a a RAG. Hard tops look SOOOOO much better.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote