Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-12-2015, 09:32 PM   #1
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
GM bought back my Camaro Convertible here is my replacement

GM bought back my Camaro convertible, they refunded me 100% of the vehicle including all payments, interest, registration, taxes, fees, and my down payment.

I will say I was very impressed with how they handled it, but being this is the second GM I have had since 2010 that had major issues the dealerships could not repair, I decided on the refund instead of a trade.

I am sad because I truly loved the car, it was a blast to drive and I had wanted a convertible my whole life and it was exactly what I wanted in a car when I bought it, and it was supposed to be my last ride, my kid will be driving in a few years then off to college, my wife was due to get the next new car when the Camaro was paid off next year, so it was to be in my driveway for at least 10 years.

but alas that didn't happen.

Friday I bought a new car, for the first time in my life I actually shined away from American cars and bought an import. My wife has had a Toyota since we started dating, 90,000 miles and 9 years old and it has never seen a dealer for anything, personally I am not a fan of FWD cars, so I looked to the Toyota high-line, Lexus.

Found the only thing they have that suited me.

2015 Lexus RC-F 467hp 5.0 with all the fixings.

I want to thank the Camaro community for their support and friendship, and I wish you all well.

Last edited by Mr. iNCREDIBLE; 10-16-2015 at 09:51 PM.
Mr. iNCREDIBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:45 PM   #2
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Gorgeous man, what an upgrade.

That thing is sexy as hell!
Old 10-12-2015, 09:47 PM   #3
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYBORG View Post
Gorgeous man, what an upgrade.

That thing is sexy as hell!
thanks. .
Old 10-12-2015, 10:45 PM   #4
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Thanks for your contribution to this forum, glad everything worked outnfornyou.
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 11:48 PM   #5
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Nice ride, but those exhaust tips make me think someone was drunk welding them on. I have this urge to want to cut and straighten them...

Sorry it didn't work out with your 'vert.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 06:52 AM   #6
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Drives: A 2016 Challenger R/T M6 STP
No convertible this time?

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 06:59 AM   #7
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Congratulations, nice ride; two friends are Lexus owners and they are very happy with them (one has the 460).

After your Gen5 experience can see why you opted not to take a chance on the 2016 all new Gen6 Camaro convertible version; even though it will have some amazing improvements in design - first year is always a gamble.

At $63,000 it sure is a big jump up to Executive/Luxury Coupe class category compared with Camaro. How do you like the handling of the RC, it weighs in around 4,000 lbs. ? Heard the engine jumps from 4.3 Liter in the 460 to 5 Liter in the RC F.
Ron
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 07:49 PM   #8
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
Nice ride, but those exhaust tips make me think someone was drunk welding them on. I have this urge to want to cut and straighten them...

Sorry it didn't work out with your 'vert.

I actually like the staggered pipes. I think they are unique compared to every other car with side by side pipes. I like to be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikamaro View Post
No convertible this time?

Aside from the Camaro and the Corvette there are no other convertible vehicles I like. The RC was supposed to come in a convertible and I would have bought that, but Lexus killed the project so it will likely never happen, they are discontinuing the IC-F as well for soft sales.

The Mustang is nice, but I have had worse luck with Fords over the years, I have owned 9 GM products in 20 years and the last two, my 2010 Avalanche and the Camaro have been the worst. I never had issues with my GMT-400 or GMT-800 trucks, my Impala SS, my Caddy DHS, but since the bankruptcy and the recalls, GM has really had bad quality in my opinion.

Ford on the other hand, well I had 3 and my family is a ford family mom had several and so did dad and they were all highly problematic and expensive to maintain.

After the experience with my last 3 American cars (2005 Chrysler 300c, 2010 Avalanche, 2012 Camaro) I had to sit down and do some heavy soul searching and thinking.

I have never bought an import, I have always stood by the American car companies, but there comes a time when you have to open your mind to other options.

I am at a stage in my life where I just want a car that I can rely on, I'm tired of fighting with Service Advisors over defective designs and problematic vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron123 View Post
Congratulations, nice ride; two friends are Lexus owners and they are very happy with them (one has the 460).

After your Gen5 experience can see why you opted not to take a chance on the 2016 all new Gen6 Camaro convertible version; even though it will have some amazing improvements in design - first year is always a gamble.

At $63,000 it sure is a big jump up to Executive/Luxury Coupe class category compared with Camaro. How do you like the handling of the RC, it weighs in around 4,000 lbs. ? Heard the engine jumps from 4.3 Liter in the 460 to 5 Liter in the RC F.
Ron

yes 5.0 467hp V8, it pulls harder than the Camaro, close to 4,000 lbs, but you would never know it the way it handles. I have a nice 8 mile stretch of twisties that I take every morning to work, and the RC-F handles them like a dream, the Camaro was great on them, but the RC-F is much better, much tighter, and much more comfortable in high speed twists, the Camaro body flexed a lot but it was a convertible, so that is to be expected.

The bottom line for me was to have something reliable, powerful, and unique, something you don't see on the road every day.

As I said, I like to be different.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:15 PM   #9
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
Wow sorry to hear it, I have a RS camaro that was totaled in a crash, and my 2012 SS I traded in for a 15 ZL1 this year with no issues on any of them. You must have gotten some really bad luck :(

But dam thats one bad ass looking lexus, I have yet to see any of those on the road. Every lexus I've seen looks like a normal sedan, but this looks like a race car.

Also a bit of a sleeper to? Most people wouldn't expect 450hp out of a lexus. It reminds me of the SS sedan in a good way.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 04:52 PM   #10
nosmr2

Drives: 2011 L99 SS
That's a sweet ride. I love my GS 350 F Sport. Lexus makes a quality auto.

nosmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:12 AM   #11
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
congrats on the new car. glad it all worked out as best it could have with GM buying back your 5th gen.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:53 AM   #12
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Very cool looking. I didn't know Toyota had a car like that in them. I have never seen one. That would be very different and unusual in these parts for sure. Nice find! What do you pay for something like that? Above 70k?
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:29 AM   #13
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Thank you for your contributions to C5 Mr. Incredible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Very cool looking. I didn't know Toyota had a car like that in them. I have never seen one. That would be very different and unusual in these parts for sure. Nice find! What do you pay for something like that? Above 70k?
The '15s can be had for $60k-$65k untitled or $55-60k used low mi. The '16's are $72-77k.

While the Lexus quality in the 4-door luxury market is second to none, I am simply unable to get over the fact their 2 door coupe is The Worst Car in the History of the World.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:10 PM   #14
speedygonzales

Drives: 99 z71, 2012 2SS
Not likely the car but the dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post
You must have gotten some really bad luck :(
99% of the experience the customer has is the dealer. They can tell you what ever they want about [Mfr said this or that] and most of the time it's not true. The dealer is responsible for the repair, or lack there of. More than likely this guy's experience was just that. The lack of.........

Sorry to hear your problems, glad you are happy now.

Long live the new Gen Camaros. You can read how well we were taken care of with our one problem we had. My wife loves this one and we wouldn't have anything else. To each, his own.

Fix your garage pics so we can see them
speedygonzales is offline   Reply With Quote