Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum


Phastek Performance


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2014, 08:09 PM   #309
oklapike
 
oklapike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northern California
Posts: 522
So, here's my thought. Since it seems there's two different cars in the videos, and they both sound like V8s, I think we're looking at testing an SS and a higher performance version. My guess would be a 1LE, as opposed to a ZL1.
oklapike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:51 PM   #310
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13
 
TLSTWIN's Avatar
 
Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Vermilion, Ohio
Posts: 4,273
SPOILER

I think it is funny seeing people complain about the spoiler on the this new camaro, calling it a tuner spoiler or just trashing it in general.

Aerodynamics are what they are. If this is the best way to creat downforce, then so be it..... at least it isn't the big "superbee" wing.

American manufacturers have been doing these style wings long before we ever saw "tuners"
Attached Images
     
__________________
R.I.P. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373249
Back Street Performance has done a great job with ALL my Performance & Suspension mods, highly recommend them (Rich@BSP) he's in my friends list. https://youtu.be/Lht8sKe1Maw
TLSTWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:06 PM   #311
oklapike
 
oklapike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northern California
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
I think it is funny seeing people complain about the spoiler on the this new camaro, calling it a tuner spoiler or just trashing it in general.

Aerodynamics are what they are. If this is the best way to creat downforce, then so be it..... at least it isn't the big "superbee" wing.

American manufacturers have been doing these style wings long before we ever saw "tuners"
Not to mention the fact that we don't even know whether that spoiler is going on production cars.
oklapike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:08 PM   #312
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: A Mountain Road
Posts: 7,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
I think it is funny seeing people complain about the spoiler on the this new camaro, calling it a tuner spoiler or just trashing it in general.

Aerodynamics are what they are. If this is the best way to creat downforce, then so be it..... at least it isn't the big "superbee" wing.

American manufacturers have been doing these style wings long before we ever saw "tuners"
That's true, however I still like the ducktail spoiler much better and always have.
__________________
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:16 PM   #313
DenverTaco07


 
DenverTaco07's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by oklapike View Post
Not to mention the fact that we don't even know whether that spoiler is going on production cars.
I like this more simple style...besides, within a year of release there will be dozens of after market...dont like it...buy a new one
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:33 PM   #314
Sesiom Summers
 
Drives: Camaro Z-28 2001 / 2015 50th GT
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winter Park-FL /Bogota Col
Posts: 412
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
I think it is funny seeing people complain about the spoiler on the this new camaro, calling it a tuner spoiler or just trashing it in general.

Aerodynamics are what they are. If this is the best way to creat downforce, then so be it..... at least it isn't the big "superbee" wing.

American manufacturers have been doing these style wings long before we ever saw "tuners"
don't pay attention, Its 100% sure we will have different spoilers to choose from as usual, its sad to see Camaro5 & 6 have a small population of grumpy haters ... some of them are just buthurt because their car will look old in 2016 and some others are just haters, some people here are so full of crap... they say stuff like -If this is the next camaro Ill change to (insert name of other car here) and other stuff like that, that kind of comments will continue until they can buy one, then they change their mind and say -oh the 6 gen is the best gen ever- then they will start to hate and make fun of 4line, V6s and auto Camaros as usual...
__________________
01 SOM A4 Z28 / 15 Mustang A6 50th anniversary
XXXhp 460hp
Sesiom Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:44 PM   #315
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Riverside,ca
Posts: 5,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesiom Summers View Post
don't pay attention, Its 100% sure we will have different spoilers to choose from as usual, its sad to see Camaro5 & 6 have a small population of grumpy haters ... some of them are just buthurt because their car will look old in 2016 and some others are just haters, some people here are so full of crap... they say stuff like -If this is the next camaro Ill change to (insert name of other car here) and other stuff like that, that kind of comments will continue until they can buy one, then they change their mind and say -oh the 6 gen is the best gen ever- then they will start to hate and make fun of 4line, V6s and auto Camaros as usual...
Lol.... Anyone can afford a new Camaro that has one of these 5th Gens ! Plus , I don't think anyone is hating own here because they have what they want! That looks like a sedan spoiler! You're calling everyone a hater because everyone don't like the same stuff ?
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:49 PM   #316
Sesiom Summers
 
Drives: Camaro Z-28 2001 / 2015 50th GT
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winter Park-FL /Bogota Col
Posts: 412
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Lol.... Anyone can afford a new Camaro that has one of these 5th Gens ! Plus , I don't think anyone is hating own here because they have what they want! That looks like a sedan spoiler! You're calling everyone a hater because everyone don't like the same stuff ?
its not only the spoiler dude its everything, we don't know 40% of how the car gonna look and still people already talk crap about the rear lights, hood, front end, spoiler shape, etc.. LOL...

and please define sedan spoiler...
__________________
01 SOM A4 Z28 / 15 Mustang A6 50th anniversary
XXXhp 460hp
Sesiom Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:59 PM   #317
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Riverside,ca
Posts: 5,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesiom Summers View Post
don't pay attention, Its 100% sure we will have different spoilers to choose from as usual, its sad to see Camaro5 & 6 have a small population of grumpy haters ... some of them are just buthurt because their car will look old in 2016 and some others are just haters, some people here are so full of crap... they say stuff like -If this is the next camaro Ill change to (insert name of other car here) and other stuff like that, that kind of comments will continue until they can buy one, then they change their mind and say -oh the 6 gen is the best gen ever- then they will start to hate and make fun of 4line, V6s and auto Camaros as usual...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesiom Summers View Post
its not only the spoiler dude its everything, we don't know 40% of how the car gonna look and still people already talk crap about the rear lights, hood, front end, spoiler shape, etc.. LOL...

and please define sedan spoiler...
Well , I said in my first post that I hopefully the Camaro doesn't look anything like that! So I never said that it was going to look like that ! And those spoilers are on every sedan and only sedans now! The Challenger spoiler is not on a sedan but I know some coupes back than had them. I don't mind it having that if it does because I would get the challenger !
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 11:09 PM   #318
Sesiom Summers
 
Drives: Camaro Z-28 2001 / 2015 50th GT
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winter Park-FL /Bogota Col
Posts: 412
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Well , I said in my first post that I hopefully the Camaro doesn't look anything like that! So I never said that it was going to look like that ! And those spoilers are on every sedan and only sedans now! The Challenger spoiler is not on a sedan but I know some coupes back than had them. I don't mind it having that if it does because I would get the challenger !
I didn't even read your last post, so don't take it personal....

now about the sedan spoiler... dude its called a pedestal spoiler or high spoiler and its being used by the fastest cars since ever, just to mention some actual cars that use a pedestal type are GTR Nismo,lexus lfa, veneno, 911 GT2, mercedes amg gt sls, FXX, Murciélago LP 670 Super Veloce and the list go on and on, don't know why you say is a sedan spoiler when this spoiler its actually used in most sport and track cars arround the globe...
__________________
01 SOM A4 Z28 / 15 Mustang A6 50th anniversary
XXXhp 460hp
Sesiom Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 11:29 PM   #319
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Riverside,ca
Posts: 5,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesiom Summers View Post
I didn't even read your last post, so don't take it personal....

now about the sedan spoiler... dude its called a pedestal spoiler or high spoiler and its being used by the fastest cars since ever, just to mention some actual cars that use a pedestal type are GTR Nismo,lexus lfa, veneno, 911 GT2, mercedes amg gt sls, FXX, Murciélago LP 670 Super Veloce and the list go on and on, don't know why you say is a sedan spoiler when this spoiler its actually used in most sport and track cars arround the globe...

Yea, I understand and don't they call them wings now when you try to order one ? But I know it's just me because I don't like anything that is high off a car ! Oh , yea ! I don't even like the Plymouth roadrunner superbird because it looks hideous with that thing on the back!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 12:34 AM   #320
fradaj

 
Drives: RS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesiom Summers View Post
don't pay attention, Its 100% sure we will have different spoilers to choose from as usual, its sad to see Camaro5 & 6 have a small population of grumpy haters ... some of them are just buthurt because their car will look old in 2016 and some others are just haters, some people here are so full of crap... they say stuff like -If this is the next camaro Ill change to (insert name of other car here) and other stuff like that, that kind of comments will continue until they can buy one, then they change their mind and say -oh the 6 gen is the best gen ever- then they will start to hate and make fun of 4line, V6s and auto Camaros as usual...

I am still holding out hope that the C6 will be the coolest Camaro yet. There is still a bit of camo left on these mules.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 01:05 AM   #321
camarosource
 
Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 Showcar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDesign View Post
I modified the hood and front bumper according to pictures from all sources mentioned previously.
I REALLY Like that.. MAN if that is hiding underneath....
__________________
1992 Camaro Z28. Blue/silver, Custom Blue/Silver Leather seats, Rebuilt Engine, Cammed, Headers, TT ][ Rims ...
NEW WWW.CAMAROSOURCE.CA

Camarosource.ca FACEBOOK PAGE - EXCLUSIVE INFO On upcoming Camarosource.ca V5.0 and More!!


camarosource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:37 AM   #322
DivineStrike
 
Drives: 05 Ranger Fx4, VW GTI, CBR600RR
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 43
I'm liking the sketch. Always liked the 5th gen, and the refresh only made it better IMO. Granted initially I didn't like it as much but it grew on me quickly. The main thing that kept me away from the 5th gen was it's weight, visibility and timing. By the time the 1LE came out, which fixed any other performance woahs I may of had besides weight and Vis, the timing wasn't quite right yet and when the timing was right, the new Mustang was announced with having IRS. I've always been more of a Mustang fan between the old 5.0, and the New Edge. Never disliked the camaro's then either. Just the 5.0 is what started it for me when I was a kid. Now we have the new 5.0, a new design which I happen to like, and IRS. It's a win win for me, since I generally favor the Mustang over the Camaro.

Looks wise though, I like the aggressiveness of the 5th Gen over the s197. the 2011-2014 Mustang refresh helped the mustang catch up in that department. and IMO the new S550 looks better now than the Camaro, not by much since the looks are totally different but I do like it more. But in all honesty I wish the 6th gen was coming out this year alongside the new mustang that way I could properly compare the two. Because if the looks of the Camaro are even more improved, and the weight and vis is improved, based on which one I liked better after a test drive I could possibly choose the Camaro over my loyalties to the Mustang.

But unfortunately for Camaro, the Mustang wins my money (I have one on order) based on timing, performance improvements over the s197 and loyalty as I no longer want to wait around for a new car anymore.

All is not lost for the Camaro though because if it really is that much more improved over the Mustang I could be tempted to switch. However I don't see the Camaro having that much of a significant advantage over the new stang to make me switch. I will enjoy seeing them on the road though. Maybe my brother will get one as he's definitely more of the GM fan than I am. I'm kinda both leaning towards Ford.
DivineStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.