Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-11-2014, 07:30 PM   #1
Want Convertible

Drives: None Yet
How popular are bright yellow convertibles

I'm down to red, white, and bright yellow. It is 2LT with RS , has the black stripes on it . I'm leaning towards bright yellow, curious how popular it's been and if I will have resale issues. Thanks
Want Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:38 PM   #2
Need4speed_motorsports

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I would say white its clean and red always looks nice as well.
Need4speed_motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:51 PM   #3
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
My wife love the yellow as it matches her blond hair. So that was our choice. There not seen much compared to others, but we get looks a lot. We had a real hard time finding a yellow one, especially in a m6. But from what I've seen, yellow isn't as popular, but it's unique.

Last edited by 13vertss; 09-11-2014 at 08:47 PM.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:08 PM   #4
77rs

Drives: '13 SS/RS conv. RY
Have a '13 RY SS/RS conv. Have never seen another with the hockey stripes and dual-mode,except the one I lost in "Sandy".
77rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:36 PM   #5
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
Y E LL O W ^5
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:41 PM   #6
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
Not many yellow 2014 where I've been. And when I do see one I have a much better response then when I see a white one.

I bought black with yellow as my second choice and I must say I have second thoughts on black. Especially after a big rainstorm. Ugh...

Oh and about resale issues I wouldn't bother with that. Just keep it clean and keep the color up.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:54 PM   #7
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
they are all great colors, but yellow does stand out and you dont see many. my dealer had a new yellow ZL1 vert for sale and it sat for a year, finally sold it last december. it was a beautiful car, with black stripes and black wheels and suede. but, at 62K, you have a limited market i guess. my dealer had a 2 LT yellow vert when i bought mine, and i gave it some thought, but then i thought maybe i may get tired of yellow eventually, so i chose the black. both were identical cars otherwise.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:27 PM   #8
RedHotRuby

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS LFX
Don't see many yellow or oranges for that matter here in NYC. Pretty rare here.
RedHotRuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:51 PM   #9
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
they are all great colors, but yellow does stand out and you dont see many. my dealer had a new yellow ZL1 vert for sale and it sat for a year, finally sold it last december. it was a beautiful car, with black stripes and black wheels and suede. but, at 62K, you have a limited market i guess. my dealer had a 2 LT yellow vert when i bought mine, and i gave it some thought, but then i thought maybe i may get tired of yellow eventually, so i chose the black. both were identical cars otherwise.
I feel ya. You can always put a yellow stripe on the black. Black and yellow looks killer. Hint my sig! Lol. And yeah my eye was drawn to that yellow Zl1 in the showroom. I sat in it and daydreamed even more than I did with the one I actually BOUGHT. It sat there for over a year (maybe still is) and if I were in the market for a supercharged v8 they wouldn't even have time to take the white protective film off I would be cruising down the highway driving like J Gordon on the Pepsi commercial!
Old 09-12-2014, 12:07 PM   #10
Want Convertible

Black scares me because I'm not a good let alone great car washer. Do you have to wax a new one ASAP when you get it and then put a Paint Protectant on it??? Thanks
Old 09-12-2014, 12:13 PM   #11
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want Convertible View Post
I'm down to red, white, and bright yellow. It is 2LT with RS , has the black stripes on it . I'm leaning towards bright yellow, curious how popular it's been and if I will have resale issues. Thanks
I'd buy the color you want. Nothing worse than driving around in a car color that was you second choice cause other people said don't do it.

Besides, yellow convertible is probably going to be rare. Come to think of it, I haven't seen one around my neck of the woods. The verts all tend to be red, black or white.
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 12:15 PM   #12

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS 6A
Quote:

If those are your choices, I would do Yellow hands down . But, I believe you will get just as much attention as if it were synergy green ..

Are you ok with people staring at you and your car, watching you walk from the gas pump, to the gas station, every time , even when your with your kid, or in your pajamas early Sun moring ? because that's what they do to me.

White, I will never buy white again, had a white tahoe, always looked dirty up close, not as bad as black, but I think the second hardest to keep clean up close .always looks plane jane, and boring .

Red, I will never buy, I always picture an 18 year old, with his hat backwards, sun glasses, and seeing how fast it goes 0-60 every stop light. typical douch baggery, I know 99% of red camaro owners are not like that, but that's just what I see.

I went with Silver, doesn't scream " look at me I have a camaro " but can still look bad ass with a few touches depending which way you want to go looks wise .. I like just simple tint, maybe 33%- 40 % , with either the best OEM wheels , so maybe ZL1 wheels or SS wheels, and possibly powdercoating them light black, or dark gray , and shaving the badges ..

Hope that helps !
191185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 12:18 PM   #13

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS 6A
Quote:
Black scares me because I'm not a good let alone great car washer. Do you have to wax a new one ASAP when you get it and then put a Paint Protectant on it??? Thanks

Agreed !

I went all out when I bought my 2010 Silverado, bought new, got every thing exactly like I wanted..

I didn't know any better, and wanted Black, Black no matter what ... well I got black alright, black swirls and all, every spec of just shows .. my black truck is now 4 years old, and I gave up on waxing the paint years ago...

It's so bad, I'm at the point where I might as well just Plasti-dip it flat black , and go after the darth vader rob derridick look .
191185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 12:20 PM   #14
Want Convertible

Appreciate input, I like when people strike up a conversation.

My main issue would be if I have trouble selling/trading it for a new one in a few years because it looks yellow. I like yellow best by far but not if it is a $2,000 hit in a few years....