Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-22-2014, 06:31 AM   #43
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvenicess View Post
Too funny! Next time we will have to run it together!

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:32 PM   #44
Z28COP

Drives: 2021 Crush ZLE
so true

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetLegend View Post
Half of the drive I was stuck behind two outrageously hideous Harleys with two pairs of the fattest people I have ever seen on each of them. They were hitting 18mph on the straight parts, less in the curves, and throwing their hands up at every turn that has the dudes taking pictures ( as in, "look how carazy I am! Flying down this road even though I'm over the hill and a huge fatass..."). It was disgusting frankley. They wouldn't pull over, they honestly though that THEY were going as fast as anyone would dare drive the road. Sucked.

Its Harley's fault for all this " lifestyle marketing" horseshit that they sell. People just want to "look" like a Harley rider or something... they have no interest in actually gaining cycle riding proficiency. Just find the gnarliest road they can, drive from one side to the other over and over buying stickers and t shirts, turn in early and tell their friends how bad as a their "lifestyle" is. The whole thing is gross to me.

Remove the Harley bar, the sticker shop and the bike motel and you would have one hell of a road.
Lol. so true, I get a kick is that EVERY weekend its riding from one HD shop to another getting another T-shirt, another piece of overpirced HD chrome and a piece of leather....and probably most liely work ina cubicle.
1-27-21 3400 TPW 2-8-21
2-04-21 3800 Built
2-26-21. 4300
3-08-21 Delivered
Z28COP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:45 PM   #45
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
I love all the stereotyping.

People stereotype Camaro owners too.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:01 PM   #46
RxRated

Drives: 2013 SS/RS LS3 NPP/Hurst
NC Hwy 80 and NC Hwy 226A from Marion to the BRP are great rides/drives too!
RxRated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:54 PM   #47
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxRated View Post

There is so much to do out there in that 3 state area I can't believe people would complain about traffic on one tourist trap road.

I have been out there multiple times and have raised hell, had a blast and learned how to ride better. Adventure..get in it.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:36 AM   #48
thkfast

Drives: '14 Red 2SS/RS/LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxRated View Post
^^^ Yes! And 19W just west of those roads about 5 miles is awesome too! RxRated you've found the "sweet spot!"

thkfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:37 AM   #49
winterboy8

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Blue Velvet Metallic
Was there this weekend, had a blast. Just wish I had more time in my car before going. Now thinking of starting HPDE training and then go back next year. Damn it was fun. Cherohala Skyway is awesome too if you want a little higher speed action with a lot of turns and some vista views. Can't wait to go again.
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2015, 10:01 AM   #50
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Where is this road...I may have done this in the dark..in a mini van...baby in a car sear and a 10 yr old in the back seat with motion sickness. It was in Tennessee the Smokey Mountains. We had visited a pioneer town at the top if a mountain. I can't remeber the name. Am I in the right area?
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:30 AM   #51
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
I was there Aug. 9th with 5 of my Camaro buddies. My SS was in the lead.

2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:51 AM   #52
winterboy8

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Blue Velvet Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Where is this road...I may have done this in the dark..in a mini van...baby in a car sear and a 10 yr old in the back seat with motion sickness. It was in Tennessee the Smokey Mountains. We had visited a pioneer town at the top if a mountain. I can't remeber the name. Am I in the right area?
Close, just across on the NC side, south of Smokey Mountain National Park.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:55 PM   #53
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
Drove it a few months ago when I went up there with some friends for a week.

Except I left my Camaro and drove my buddy's Explorer. It's just not the same, man, sure wish I took my car. Also almost got hit head on by a dumbass kid thinking his lifted Super Duty was a sports car. The moron came at least five feet into my lane taking the turn way to fast.
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 01:44 PM   #54
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribaltalon View Post
The Twisted Sisters (Fm 335,336 and 337) down in south Texas (southwest of Kerrville) are WAAAY better then the Dragon. Thats actually the number one twisty road in America on most bike sites now. Mostly because it is really remote, and sees nowhere near the amount of traffic that the Dragon gets. I've ridden the Sisters several times on my sportbikes and hardly ever saw anybody (during the week). The roads are not nearly as well maintained as the tail though, so you better have your driving hat on if you hit some gravel. LOL!

+1 The Texas Roller Coaster! Plus, you can hit Mac and Ernies for eats in Tarpley! Cabrito Burger!!!!!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 02:33 PM   #55
dantemcc

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Drove the Dragon a few months ago in a C7 corvette and a Porsche 911 and loved it. The motorcycle drivers were a pain, but most of them were kind enough to pull over when they saw me coming. Very spirited driving in those two cars. If you can catch it with light traffic, it is a great road to test not only the cars ability, but your own. Going back up there in a few in an Audi R8.
dantemcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:54 PM   #56
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterboy8 View Post
Close, just across on the NC side, south of Smokey Mountain National Park.
Thats it....my sister in law was on a nursing assignment for a year in Winston Salem North Carolina. We drove down to visting from Ontario Canada. That road went for about 100 ft then hairpin ....another 100...then a hairpin. This was before it had a name.....2002 or 2003 I can't remeber.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote