Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

AWE Tuning

Old 06-07-2018, 08:05 AM   #113
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerC View Post
GM will replace entire transmission. unfortunately, that may take a while as Service Manager informed me they are on allocation and will call to schedule appt when they get one.

FYI: I had the triple flush done and then the TC replacement. Service manager and shop foreman agree the problem is real and affects many vehicles. They went to bat for me with GM. I assume the new trans will also come with software updates that will need to be programmed in. Will update again when trans arrives.
Happy it's atleast getting fixed for you.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 05:34 PM   #114
Gettingood
2016 2SS NPP MRC Glowtie

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettingood View Post
Purchased my car in Feb of 2016. I had the triple flush at 15000 mi The first TC at 20000 mi and the second TC at 21500 mi. The triple flush helped for about 3000 mi and then the shudder came back and became steadily worse. The First TC lessened the shudder but it did it on the way home from the dealer. Within 1000 mi it was like driving over a wash board on a daily basis. The 2nd TC took 2 days to start shuddering again. I spent $48,000 on this car and have not enjoyed driving a mile in over a year. I am a my wits end and don't really know what to do next.
Picked up my car today after taking it back again after it still shuddered after the second TC change. The dealer installed a new transmission and so far so good.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:54 PM   #115
LostOnRoad

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
So I have been reading through these today and my 2018 has this issue. Went to the dealership this morning and they confirmed it is the TC issue. I noticed there are no results when searching for this on a 2018 so thought I would add one.
They will be doing the fluid change Friday. I started really noticing it at around 10k miles (yes it is my daily driver with about 70 miles a day round trip and a trip to TX and back from NC). Hopefully it fixes it but the tech who rode with me seemed pretty sure it will need the TC replaced they just have to go through the process. His comment was that I probably got one of the older transmissions during the assembly. (I dont have my build date at hand and I am at work) I have had the car since March though I know that may not mean much lol.
Old 06-25-2018, 06:57 PM   #116
HackSaw

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
And here I was all believing that GM solved this problem over a year ago.....
HackSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 07:28 PM   #117
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Thanks for your input/update
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 11:02 AM   #118
HackSaw

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Have you looked at the sticker Under the carpet in the trunk that lists all the build codes. Just skip down to you get to the M's Mine says MXO ( 8 speed auto ) and M5U next
HackSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 12:35 PM   #119
brandonms2ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Brought my car in for shudder concern. 2016 with 18k miles. They sold me my CAI is the cause of the shudder and to remove it. How much bs is that?
brandonms2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 03:25 PM   #120
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonms2ss View Post
Brought my car in for shudder concern. 2016 with 18k miles. They sold me my CAI is the cause of the shudder and to remove it. How much bs is that?
Sounds that way, but to confirm... does your car shudder under light throttle while going up inclines? Most specifically at highway speeds.... Does or did the shudder last for just seconds each? If so, they're clearly ignorant or incompetent ( the dealer techs)
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 04:19 PM   #121
NobleSS

Drives: 17 Camaro 2SS 50th Anniversary Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgraph View Post
Does anyone know which TSB has the troubleshooting procedure the Al is referring to when he advises us to go to our dealer to get the flush done? I've been to two of my local dealerships and showed them #16-NA-175 and they've turned me down and said that TSB doesn't apply to my car even though it lists 2016 Camaro with V8. One dealer told me the transmission listed for my car is not the one in my car or something. They know about the issue and have told me they've done the flush on other GM vehicles but that there's no TSB they can charge to for a 2016 Camaro SS. After reading many posts about people with Camaro's getting the flush done and seeing Al's response saying go to your dealer, this is very frustrating. Before I go waste another 2 hours arguing with my local dealerships, I want to present them the TSB so there is no argument. Apparently #16-NA-175 was not the correct one according to them (they said the Trans RPO listed next to Camaro V8, LT1 - M5U is not what's in my car so they can't perform the work). I've wasted so much time battling this with dealers. If anyone has a different TSB or has proof that what they are saying about me not having an M5U transmission is wrong, it would be a huge help. Thanks!
Go to a different dealer!
Old 07-13-2018, 08:52 PM   #122
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
So hire a lawyer if you have a case, or dump the car if you don't want to deal with it. I'm dumping mine once I get an A10. I'm too jaded from fighting GM dealers for the past 2 decades. Its only money.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 05:25 AM   #123
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyz View Post
So hire a lawyer if you have a case, or dump the car if you don't want to deal with it. I'm dumping mine once I get an A10. I'm too jaded from fighting GM dealers for the past 2 decades. Its only money.
How do you know the new A10 won't have the same or similar problems?
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:46 AM   #124
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
How do you know the new A10 won't have the same or similar problems?
So far the A10 has been good in the ZL1. It's a different version for the camaro SS, but the rest of the car is so good for me, I'll take another chance on it. I'm actually looking for a ZL1 actively, so I might just stick with that instead of the SS.

OR I might just dump GM altogether.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:26 AM   #125
linuxbox

Drives: 2017 2ss coupe
Just took mine to the dealership in elizabethtown KY. Quite certain they are replacing the torque converter. i'm in a rental costing me about $25/day and this will probably be a 1.5 to 2 day procedure they said. mine is a 2017 2ss i purchased at this dealership in late may 2017. only has a little over 11,000 miles and the problem started at 10,000 miles.
linuxbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:52 AM   #126
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Based on all the information on the last couple of pages of the main thread and this one, is there an aftermarket solution should the issue crop up again?

I had the 3 x flush done, and no vibration issue after about 1000 miles so far, but I figured I'd ask for an alternative solution should the dealer not want to cooperate.

I've had issues with Chevy honoring the warranty in the past, and I don't want to get into a tit for tat debate with them.

The dealership I bought the car from has a pretty good reputation, as my family has bought from them for years in the past. I'm kind of hoping that reputation is well deserved. But, I still wanted other options or alternatives even if I have to go after market.
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote