Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-29-2018, 08:31 AM   #29
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post
The Avista is Good example of a Modern CLASSIC! and And look how I emphasize the classic word, when you see it, you do not associate it with something futuristic, you associate it with something classic, its silhouette only expresses that, it is really modern, but the fusion between modern and classic is very well homogenized ... and what stands out? an angry classic in the modern era.
Completely agree with everything youmtyped. It yells badass american modern classic better than anyother modern car to date. I would so be fighting in that line to order that car tomorrow if its performance matched its looks.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:17 AM   #30
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post
So you think that the Second Gen Camaro and the AC Cobra looked All American?
Considering the Cobra was essentially a British car with a domestic V8, hell no. The Gen2 farrrr less so, especially in Z28/SS trim.

But the Avista looks exactly as I stated. Upscale cushy European. There's nothing in there that looks like it'd slide into the Pony car segment in the least.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:51 AM   #31
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
Considering the Cobra was essentially a British car with a domestic V8, hell no. The Gen2 farrrr less so, especially in Z28/SS trim.

But the Avista looks exactly as I stated. Upscale cushy European. There's nothing in there that looks like it'd slide into the Pony car segment in the least.
No one makes a pony car anymore and havent for a very long time.

Thank God too. I add many of them. They arent nearly as good as what any of the big three make these days.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:40 PM   #32
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
The only thing "retro" I want them to do is give us a hatchback versus the ridiculously small trunk opening.

The 3rd Gen was my first car and I clearly remember how handy that hatchback opening was.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 01:22 PM   #33
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
No one makes a pony car anymore and havent for a very long time.

Thank God too. I add many of them. They arent nearly as good as what any of the big three make these days.
As have I and I agree, it's the segment. Not any specific year.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 02:00 PM   #34
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
If we follow the 2019 "refresh" then probably this:
Attached Images

MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 06:46 AM   #35
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpang1234 View Post
The only thing "retro" I want them to do is give us a hatchback versus the ridiculously small trunk opening.

The 3rd Gen was my first car and I clearly remember how handy that hatchback opening was.
Except for having to replace the struts all the time and the power closer failing. Plus you had to stand on your head if you put any in that cave they called storage space. I always filled that with speakers and amps. It was great for that. The hatch did make it easy to store the T-tops.
Old 07-04-2018, 09:10 PM   #36
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
No thanks retro is over.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:45 AM   #37
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
I guess I'm just old then (36). It pains me to see people dispensing with retro, just because one particular retro design seems to have run its course.
I'm not afraid to admit it, I love the 2nd gen, and I would definitely buy in for a super clean re-boot using that design language.
I'm also open to a complete blank slate re-design, but as others have said, the Avista concept definitely says "euro luxury" not Camaro to me.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 08:33 AM   #38
Zspoiler
Zspoiler

Drives: 1979 Z-28 RS Camaro
GM needs to get more creative on their styling. The 3 gen resembles a Monza.The 4 looks like a Geo Storm.etc .
Zspoiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 10:03 AM   #39
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
the last few years have shown us they are farming it out to Transformers.
the next one is coming in december.
Attached Images

AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 03:38 PM   #40
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by rburke76 View Post
The mustang went retro 2005-2014, the challenger is retro 2009-present, I love the 5th and 6th generation camaro, I own a 6th generation camaro, but man I would love the 7th generation camaro to look like the 1970-1973 models!...Six different trims, LT, LS, RS, SS, Z28,ZL1, etc...use 4 cylinder, V6, V8, go crazy! Have up to 20 different color combinations including Orange, Gold, maroon, Green, Brown, copper metallic, black cherry, etc...go crazy!..I love the camaro, let's do retro! Yeah!

Thats the color I wanted fro 17 SS. Don't know why they couldn't offer a green like this.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 11:17 PM   #41
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
OP, I completely agree with you. The 2nd generation had a timeless look that still appears modern today. A new take on the 2nd-gen, if done right, would be absolutely spectacular. The problem is, everyone is so focused on car fascias looking "mean" and "pissed off" that the innocent elegance of the older models gets forgotten. There are only so many combinations of shapes you can use to design a car. At a certain point everything old becomes new again. I see no reason why we shouldn't resurrect this one.

I see people suggesting that the new Camaro should look like that Buick Avista concept. Which makes me want to vomit, personally.

This would be awesome:
Looks like a Bentley.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 11:42 PM   #42
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by rburke76 View Post
The mustang went retro 2005-2014, the challenger is retro 2009-present, I love the 5th and 6th generation camaro, I own a 6th generation camaro, but man I would love the 7th generation camaro to look like the 1970-1973 models!...Six different trims, LT, LS, RS, SS, Z28,ZL1, etc...use 4 cylinder, V6, V8, go crazy! Have up to 20 different color combinations including Orange, Gold, maroon, Green, Brown, copper metallic, black cherry, etc...go crazy!..I love the camaro, let's do retro! Yeah!
interesting -- my Aunt Marion Henry (Tom Senior's wife and cousin Tom and Sue's Mom) had a Camaro in that color combination in 1972. (including the white top and interior...) The car as it's designed will not meet any of the current crashworthiness standards of the U.S. or any European country -- further, we're forced to share colors corporate-wide. (and limited to 10 colors per carline...) (..........and as to color -- we could pick 50 and it would be the wrong 50.....) Perhaps we should leave the past in the past.......