Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

View Poll Results: Poll:
Mod the SS 46 30.87%
Buy a ZL1 103 69.13%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2022, 10:00 PM   #57
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
This is why you should mod them lightly and intelligently enough to be able to easily revert them back to stock oem configuration. Then you can sell your aftermarket modifications at 50%-60% face value.
and this is how you tell car guys apart from guys who like cars.
Old 07-31-2022, 10:15 PM   #58
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
Not sure if that is a praise or a jab, but im going to go with the former.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 09:35 AM   #59
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
This is why you should mod them lightly and intelligently enough to be able to easily revert them back to stock oem configuration. Then you can sell your aftermarket modifications at 50%-60% face value.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
So there are intelligent upgrades and non-intelligent upgrades... And... weather you do them or not determines if you are a car guy or a guy that simply likes cars.

Man, I didn't realize there are such rules. Good to know...
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 10:09 AM   #60
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
So there are intelligent upgrades and non-intelligent upgrades... And... weather you do them or not determines if you are a car guy or a guy that simply likes cars.

I like cars. I don't work on cars.

To me, that's the difference.

If you do your own work because you can, you are a car guy, if you are not mechanically inclined like me, then you like cars and not really a "car guy" as is traditionally defined.

By that logic, I'm a computer guy. Feel free to ask me anything you want in regards to computers.

And believe it or not I know pro gamers who don't know jack squat about computers, they like computers but they don't work on them like I do. And just like cars, there are intelligent upgrades and non intelligent upgrades.

P.S. AMD & Apple are among the latter if you were wondering.

2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 10:18 AM   #61
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
I like cars. I don't work on cars.

To me, that's the difference.

If you do your own work because you can, you are a car guy, if you are not mechanically inclined like me, then you like cars and not really a "car guy" as is traditionally defined.

By that logic, I'm a computer guy. Feel free to ask me anything you want in regards to computers.

And believe it or not I know pro gamers who don't know jack squat about computers, they like computers but they don't work on them like I do. And just like cars, there are intelligent upgrades and non intelligent upgrades.

P.S. AMD & Apple are among the latter if you were wondering.

Ya... I'm on the Harley forums too and guys post this stuff as well. You are only a "real biker" if you do all your own work. I just think the stereotypes are pretty pathetic personally. lol If it makes people feel better though, more power to them.
Old 08-01-2022, 12:12 PM   #62
LT1ornothing

Quote:

What I meant by intelligent upgrades were things that either you or someone can easily revert to stock. Things like bolt ons (intake manifold, throttle body, exhaust, or even as extreme as a procharger) are "intelligent" mods that can easily be changed back to oem stock in a matter of a few hours. It isn't about modding rules, but if you don't intend to keep the car, it might not be a good idea to do that fancy heads and cam package, or that stroker kit that is not easily reversed to stock and you will probably never get your money back from.
Am I getting through? When you mod 'intelligently" you can easily and quickly go back to stock if you need to sell, the car will look oem stock, sell for the right price, and you will have used performance parts to make some money back.
Old 08-01-2022, 12:34 PM   #63
jamala00

Quote:
What I meant by intelligent upgrades were things that either you or someone can easily revert to stock. Things like bolt ons (intake manifold, throttle body, exhaust, or even as extreme as a procharger) are "intelligent" mods that can easily be changed back to oem stock in a matter of a few hours. It isn't about modding rules, but if you don't intend to keep the car, it might not be a good idea to do that fancy heads and cam package, or that stroker kit that is not easily reversed to stock and you will probably never get your money back from.
Am I getting through? When you mod 'intelligently" you can easily and quickly go back to stock if you need to sell, the car will look oem stock, sell for the right price, and you will have used performance parts to make some money back.
You really have a way with words...LOL.

I understood what you meant in your first post... My response is called sarcasm. Lighten up.
Old 08-01-2022, 12:40 PM   #64
mariojas

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6 & 2023 Stinger GT AWD
Quote:
Can you easily revert ECU tuning too? How ProCharger could be easily reversed is kind of a joke, no?

Charger sold! Better to sell, than waiting to be stolen...
mariojas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 12:56 PM   #65
LT1ornothing

Quote:
You really have a way with words...LOL.

I understood what you meant in your first post... My response is called sarcasm. Lighten up.
I'm usually pretty good at reading between the lines as I dish out a ton of sarcasm myself, apologies for not catching on to yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojas View Post
Can you easily revert ECU tuning too? How ProCharger could be easily reversed is kind of a joke, no?
I've seen my fair share of procharged LT1s and LT4 blower swapped LT1s successfully reverted back to stock, albeit the top mount blower set ups are more time consuming to revert to stock. I am not aware of any ecu tuning that can't be reversed. You can't do jack about the flash counter, but I have seen tuned FBO or tuned supercharged LT1s successfully flashed back with the oem tune after modification removal.
Old 08-01-2022, 01:06 PM   #66
jamala00

Quote:
I'm usually pretty good at reading between the lines as I dish out a ton of sarcasm myself, apologies for not catching on to yours.
lol... No worries at all bud... I've been on the wrong side of judging that myself at times.
Old 08-01-2022, 01:06 PM   #67
LT1ornothing

Quote:
Maybe your confused about the procharger tuning? Procharger requires you to send your ecu for their tune on their "complete" kits. If you buy a tuner kit, you can either tune your own ECU with HP tuners or purchase a tune from a reputable tuner.
Old 08-01-2022, 01:41 PM   #68
mariojas

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6 & 2023 Stinger GT AWD
Quote:
Maybe your confused about the procharger tuning? Procharger requires you to send your ecu for their tune on their "complete" kits. If you buy a tuner kit, you can either tune your own ECU with HP tuners or purchase a tune from a reputable tuner.
Either way. You need your engine ECU to be tuned for a new air volume. Unless you just swap ECUs?

Charger sold! Better to sell, than waiting to be stolen...
mariojas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 01:56 PM   #69
Slippy

Drives: 22 1LE
https://www.procharger.com/automotiv...camaro-ss-lt1/

Procharger says the complete kit is a handheld programmer. Either way, flashing a tune from a handheld or laptop is fairly quick and easy.
Gatekeeping and labeling hobbyists is silly .
Attached Images

Slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 02:31 PM   #70
LT1ornothing

Quote:
Either way. You need your engine ECU to be tuned for a new air volume. Unless you just swap ECUs?
Correct, and we are talking about selling a used SS that was once modded and tuned, then returned back to original stock equipment and the factory tune before selling it. Is your point that the car now has a history of being tuned? That information can be disclosed if the buyer asks, might give a slick buyer a little leverage for a better price. Most people buying a used SS and see that everything looks and drives stock would not bother asking if it has been modded or tuned.

Last edited by LT1ornothing; 08-01-2022 at 04:17 PM.