Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

AWE Tuning

Old 06-13-2022, 09:57 PM   #1
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Driving Modes

Has anyone had issues with your driving mode going from track to touring during a Auto X event?
Had this happen to me in my C7 GS and was suggested my TPMS batteries might be going low. But also spoke with another 6th Gen owner and he had the same issues.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 12:51 AM   #2
Baddawg53

Drives: 17 hyper blue 2SS M6
There's been a few threads here regarding the modes switching during track and/or autocross. On the Camaro it's just accidentally and unknowingly hitting the mode button. It's in a terrible location and I've definitely hit the button myself mid session.
Baddawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 01:48 PM   #3
ponyboy96

Drives: 2020 ZLE A10, 2018 F250 Diesel
If you put it in a ptm mode, if you accidentally hit the mode button, it just switches between the different ptm modes. To get it out of track, I have to hit traction control button, then select a different mode. I usually do this on the cooldown lap to keep the revs down on my auto car.
ponyboy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 08:37 PM   #4
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
I was talking about this with someone at an event this last weekend. He has 2017 (I think it was), and had accidentally engaged cruise control during a run, which moved all the settings back to Tour and full nannies. In my 2020, putting the car in Track mode or turning all nannies off (not sure which) automatically shuts off cruise control, and I'm not even sure if it can be turned on back in that mode. It seems that maybe Chevy made a change somewhere along the way.
Old 06-15-2022, 05:08 PM   #5
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
There was a thread about building a cover to prevent accidently hitting it. I hit it one time without knowing it on track and thought I broke the car and that it had went into limp mode. Came off track to find out it had gone back to default settings with all on instead Track mode with all off.
Old 06-15-2022, 05:26 PM   #6
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
There was a thread about building a cover to prevent accidently hitting it. I hit it one time without knowing it on track and thought I broke the car and that it had went into limp mode. Came off track to find out it had gone back to default settings with all on instead Track mode with all off.

yup ive done it before also
Old 06-16-2022, 06:11 PM   #7
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
On the cruise control thing...

Did a little experimenting in my 2020 SS 1LE today. So the mode (Tour, Sport, Race, Snow/Ice) doesn't matter: cruise control can be turned on and engaged in any of them. However, in any mode, turning off all the nannies (hold the TCS/Stabilitrak button down for more than 5 seconds) also turns off my cruise control completely. I can turn CC back on (pressing the top CC button with the picture of the speedo and arrow on it), but I cannot engage it (i.e. can't set a speed and it won't hold a speed).

Ergo, it is impossible in my car to have all nannies off and accidentally turn them back on again by engaging cruise control. This seems to be different than with some earlier 1LEs, as I said before.
Old 06-17-2022, 10:26 PM   #8
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
The Corvette guys are telling me it could be a bad TPMS sensor or a misfire in the engine.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote