Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 05-25-2022, 01:13 PM   #1
WiggyB

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Procharger Installed but didn't put the Aux radiator back

For those that have done the install l would like to know if you reinstalled the aux radiator on the drivers side or you left it off. I didn't reinstall it since I'm not a racer but thinking I may want to go back in and install it. My temps aren't any different and the car is running fine but when the fan does kick in its rather loud. I could be hearing the procharger too but I can tell the difference in sound.
By the way mines is a 1LE even though I don't think it would make a difference because you would get the same reaction from any model with the 3 radiators.
WiggyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 04:12 PM   #2
cjperformance

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th Anniversary
Left it out on mine. The 2019+ kits dont include a relocate kit... I haven't had any issues. I dont race it on a road course or anything, but I do have my foot in it a lot. And yeah, i put a 2019 kit on my 2017. apparently it was "fine" according to procharger, lol.
CircleD 3K Stall | QA1 CF Driveshaft
Forgestar F14 Drag 17x10 NT555R2 305/45/17 Rear
Forgestar F14 18x8 NT555G2 235/50/18 Front
10.84@131 w/4.13" pulley
??.??@??? w/3.7" pulley (installed & tuning)
cjperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 04:32 PM   #3
WiggyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjperformance View Post
Left it out on mine. The 2019+ kits dont include a relocate kit... I haven't had any issues. I dont race it on a road course or anything, but I do have my foot in it a lot. And yeah, i put a 2019 kit on my 2017. apparently it was "fine" according to procharger, lol.
Cool I didn't think it would be an issue but wanted to check with others to see what they have done. Thanks for the input........
Old 05-26-2022, 08:50 AM   #4
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiggyB View Post
For those that have done the install l would like to know if you reinstalled the aux radiator on the drivers side or you left it off. I didn't reinstall it since I'm not a racer but thinking I may want to go back in and install it. My temps aren't any different and the car is running fine but when the fan does kick in its rather loud. I could be hearing the procharger too but I can tell the difference in sound.
By the way mines is a 1LE even though I don't think it would make a difference because you would get the same reaction from any model with the 3 radiators.
my kit came with the relocation on it so I reinstalled mine. i have no complaints but also didn't know there was an option to leave it out lol.
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 03:32 PM   #5
WiggyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP3BOOSTED View Post
my kit came with the relocation on it so I reinstalled mine. i have no complaints but also didn't know there was an option to leave it out lol.
That's what gets me I guess my gripe should be with Procharger since mines didn't come with it. It just feels good knowing that I wasn't the only one with this issue and its not that big of a deal not having it. I still have it but I have no desire to tear the car back down to install it now. LoL