Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 04-25-2019, 11:25 AM   #1
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Door Misaligned - GM won’t cover it...never buying another car from them

Ok so I am pretty pissed off at GM Today and will never buy another car from them again.

Both of my doors have had alignment issues since I bought the car. To the point that the door cards are rubbing on the trim when opening and closing. Drivers side is sometimes hard to budge the door open. Passenger side has a small area where the paint has rubbed off and now makes an obnoxious squeak every time the door is opened.

I have gone into the dealerships before to report the problem but never have they fully fixed it. But it has been recorded as a problem.

A few weeks ago I went into the dealer since my warranty was nearly up and asked them to fix it completely. They and GM have refused to fix it because I have modifications to the car. However no mods even come close to the door and the only body mod I have is the 6LE Spoiler and some vinyl striping. The guy at GM told me that it doesn’t matter that I have never touched anything to do with the door.

I think it’s crazy and as such I am making my thoughts known to anyone and everyone that GM’s warranty isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on.

The last two cars with warranties that I’ve owned were an Audi and Subaru both with the same level of mods as this Camaro minus the Supercharger. Those dealerships and companies bent over backwards to fix any legit warranty problems that weren’t caused by my mods.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:35 PM   #2
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

I'm feeling mixed emotions tonight as I read my OP.

I love my car but hate GM right now. Maybe I only hate GM's pencil pushers and warranty shysters. I certainly don't hate the engineers who designed such a rad car but I think it's horse shit that on the back end they won't back up a part that's totally unrelated to any mods I have.

It would be fine if they refused to warranty my motor or trans but a freakin' door?!

The sad thing is that I will never buy another GM product because this experience has turned me off to them...no matter how good a car they put out.
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
Old 04-26-2019, 05:00 AM   #3
Lithias

Drives: 2019 2SS Riverside Blue Metallic
You need to go to a different dealer.....
3000......9/19/18 TPW: 11/26/18
3300......11/9/18 TPW: 11/26/18
3400......11/12/18 TPW: 11/26/18
4300......11/22/18 BUILT! VIN: 1G1FH1R72K0123562
4B00......11/27/18 Waiting for Dispatch! Tentative delivery date of 12/11!
4300......11/28/18 Waiting for the train to Florida!
4200......12/5/18 SHIPPED!
4800......12/14/18
5000/6000......12/18/18 SHE'S HOME BOYS!
Follow me on Instagram! @the_3ngin33r
Lithias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 07:01 AM   #4
DWR

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithias View Post
You need to go to a different dealer.....
Definitely try this... GM really needs to find a way to get rid of their shitty dealerships, I honestly think they are the cancer that’s kept them underselling.
2007 Toyota Corolla S -- Traded
2007 Colorado I-5 3.7L z85 2wd ext. cab --Totaled
2004 Silverado single cab 4.8l v-8 2wd -- Traded
2018 Camaro SS 1LE -- Current DD
DWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 07:09 AM   #5
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
Yeah different dealer. 99.9% of warranty concerns or denials are because the dealer is playing it very conservatively. They know that if they do something GM wont pay for under a warranty claim, they will have to eat it. That means all the parts and labor costs. So in their defense if its not a black and white issue that they've faced 1000x over, and they know GM will compensate them on, then they usually will make up some BS and pass on the service.

Its frustrating to say the least. But you can usually go to another dealer, and they may be more open minded or customer focused and generally want to help solve your problem. This is not really a GM problem, as much as its a dealer service problem. There are other issues that come into play. Lazy techs who are intimidated by certain jobs, or even techs that know a job is not going to take less time than its book hours, and might even take more time. That means its going to cost the tech money to complete the repair. They are all motivated by money and its sad, but at the end of the day its a job to them.

Take all that for what it is, and go to another dealer. You should be able to find one thats willing to send your car out to a body shop to fix those issues under warranty. Good luck.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 07:49 AM   #6
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Well my warranty is up so I am probably SOL. It had like a few days left when I went in. However it’s an issue I’ve reported all the way back in 2016.
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
Old 04-26-2019, 08:07 AM   #7
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpang1234 View Post
Well my warranty is up so I am probably SOL. It had like a few days left when I went in. However it’s an issue I’ve reported all the way back in 2016.
Honestly take it to a body shop directly. Panel alignment is generally not expensive. They do it all day, every day. Its loosening a few bolts, putting in a shim to get correct body panel gaps, then tightening them down. If the panels and the frame is straight, then it shouldnt take hours. Might cost you $200-$300 for two hours for them to sort it out. Then you can move on with your life.

Thats what it takes sometimes. If you dont do it, it wont get done correctly or at all. Its not fair. But if you arent willing to take it to another dealer, then just have it done yourself. Or trade it in.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:55 AM   #8
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post
Honestly take it to a body shop directly. Panel alignment is generally not expensive. They do it all day, every day. Its loosening a few bolts, putting in a shim to get correct body panel gaps, then tightening them down. If the panels and the frame is straight, then it shouldnt take hours. Might cost you $200-$300 for two hours for them to sort it out. Then you can move on with your life.

Thats what it takes sometimes. If you dont do it, it wont get done correctly or at all. Its not fair. But if you aren't willing to take it to another dealer, then just have it done yourself. Or trade it in.
That's where I'm basically at, going to a body shop to have them fix it. The expense won't be worth my money/time to lawyer up on GM.

Just sucks that they would apply a black hex to the entire car for me having a supercharger...as though I went around jumping it once I got more power or something like that.

So that's why my only response to them has been to post this and swear off buying another one of their products versus walking down the legal path which might get me nowhere.
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
Old 04-26-2019, 09:31 AM   #9
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Bpang, a independent body shop is the route to take on your doors situation. It will be much cheaper than to lawyer up to sue GM anyway. Btw, GM could care less if you buy another car from them and it does suck that they blackballed you because of your supercharger but that’s life you know. Find a good body shop where you are and get it checked out. Good luck!!
Old 04-26-2019, 10:16 AM   #10
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
look up magnuson moss warranty act and go back to the dealer
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:18 AM   #11
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Greg View Post
Bpang, a independent body shop is the route to take on your doors situation. It will be much cheaper than to lawyer up to sue GM anyway. Btw, GM could care less if you buy another car from them and it does suck that they blackballed you because of your supercharger but that’s life you know. Find a good body shop where you are and get it checked out. Good luck!!
Very good advice.....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 08:20 PM   #12
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Greg View Post
This! I would not want dealer working on body panel fitment, much less door fitment. Some dealers may have a great body shop/employees and some may not. Find a good independent and pay up. We're talking about Couple to three hours at the most, if car is straight.
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote