Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-27-2019, 08:46 AM   #15
Raptor Jesus
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhopt36 View Post
I have a stinker for a dealer, constantly jerking maintenance customers around.

First thing I do, conveniently stop asap, and check oil and coolant levels.
If OK, I take it 7 miles down the road where I have a real crackerjack of an independent (+ good friend) plug into the diagnostic port.

No B.S., and I get a thorough check.

OP, do not listen to him.
Raptor Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 06:04 PM   #16
JD555

Drives: 2014 2SS RS, 6 sp man
Go get it read at a auto zone. It might just be the gas station just left your gas cap loose. Dont waste time with the dealer unless you have to. Do not have them clear it. If its not something like the cap then bring it to the dealer.
JD555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 06:06 PM   #17
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD555 View Post
Go get it read at a auto zone. It might just be the gas station just left your gas cap loose. Dont waste time with the dealer unless you have to. Do not have them clear it. If its not something like the cap then bring it to the dealer.

It's a capless filling system. So no gas cap to be loose.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 09:34 PM   #18
bullet3z

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD555 View Post
OP, do not listen to anyone that has no idea what they are talking about.

You already contacted the dealer right? If so take it in tomorrow morning and let them check it. This is not rocket science. They will scan it and tell you what caused the CEL. then, get this. They will even correct the problem for FREE.
bullet3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 11:33 AM   #19
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
I would never go to the dealer first. I would scan the codes so I know what they are. You can't hurt anything by scanning the codes.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 11:58 AM   #20
1CEBITN

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Vert w/2SS
Just go see the dealer, they'll take care of it. I don't know why so many people here are freaking out about needing to know the code. The dealer will tell you what it is or it will be on your paperwork (or they won't get paid).

If you really want to know what the code is for some reason ahead of time just hit your blue onstar button. They will also tell you if it is something that needs to be looked at right away, or if it's not a big deal and can wait for an appointment that's more convenient for you. If it's a new car you should still be in your trial period with full onstar benefits which includes scanning your CEL codes. I had this happen in my wife's car while on a road trip hours from home. Picked up bad gas somewhere and the codes cleared themselves. Onstar saved me a half-day waiting for the nearest Chevy dealer to look at something that ended up being nothing.
1CEBITN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 12:04 PM   #21
ctrlz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CEBITN View Post
Just go see the dealer, they'll take care of it. I don't know why so many people here are freaking out about needing to know the code.
It is often far more convenient to go to an auto parts store than a dealer.
Old 01-28-2019, 12:37 PM   #22
cignul9

Drives: 50th 2SS MRC A8 NPP
Quote:
Just go see the dealer, they'll take care of it. I don't know why so many people here are freaking out about needing to know the code. The dealer will tell you what it is or it will be on your paperwork (or they won't get paid).

If you really want to know what the code is for some reason ahead of time just hit your blue onstar button. They will also tell you if it is something that needs to be looked at right away, or if it's not a big deal and can wait for an appointment that's more convenient for you. If it's a new car you should still be in your trial period with full onstar benefits which includes scanning your CEL codes. I had this happen in my wife's car while on a road trip hours from home. Picked up bad gas somewhere and the codes cleared themselves. Onstar saved me a half-day waiting for the nearest Chevy dealer to look at something that ended up being nothing.
For real. It's brand new. Take it to the dealer. Let them handle it under warranty. If you have a shitty dealer, I can understand wanting to know for yourself. I'd just try to find a better dealer at that point.
50th 2SS, MRC, NPP, 8A, #991
Join the Club F1FTY Registry!
Add yourself to the registry here.
Read the registry here.
cignul9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 02:16 PM   #23
Raptor Jesus
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
It's far more convenient to stay on the couch and piss your pants but some of us have evolved to getting up and using a toilet also.
Raptor Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 02:23 PM   #24
WCKD 1LE

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
I would never go to the dealer first. I would scan the codes so I know what they are. You can't hurt anything by scanning the codes.
This is the incorrect answer.
GO to the dealer and let them do what needs to be done to fix it.

Don't file a lemon claim, as that's just silly.
My wife's Acadia just threw one at 6000 miles and we took it in the next morning to find out they had to preform a ECU update and that solved everything.
WCKD 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 02:25 PM   #25
WCKD 1LE

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
It's far more convenient to stay on the couch and piss your pants but some of us have evolved to getting up and using a toilet also.
Comment of the day!!!!
WCKD 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 10:21 AM   #26
1CEBITN

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Vert w/2SS
Quote:
Why would you do that when you can just sit in your car in your driveway and hit the blue onstar button? It's a new car, all new cars come with onstar activated for a trial period.
1CEBITN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 10:50 AM   #27
blewbyyou

Drives: Dusk SE
Quote:
Why would you do that when you can just sit in your car in your driveway and hit the blue onstar button? It's a new car, all new cars come with onstar activated for a trial period.
ditto
you are paying for those so called free months of OnStar so use it to
your advantage while you can then DUMP OnStar
Old 01-29-2019, 10:51 AM   #28
ctrlz

Quote:
Well that works, too, provided they give you all the codes. I have my own scanner and have never used OnStar for anything.
We have not heard back from the OP. As someone pointed out above, anyone who is thinking lemon law when he sees a CEL should probably just head back to where he bought the car.

Tags
1le, 2019, malfunction