Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 01-11-2014, 01:05 PM   #1
hot rod rooster

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
stereo trouble

lately my stereo has sounded quite poor (in really cold weather Saskatoon Canada) it kinda sounds like loud ipad speakers. I have the premium boston acoustics multi media system. There is no fullness to the sound and sounds tinny. I took it to the dealer and told them that maybe one of the amps was not working properly they said it sounded fine. it is painfully obvious that it is not. has anyone had this happen or would you have an idea what could be wrong. the system sounded really good when it was working well.
hot rod rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:38 PM   #2
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Extreme cold could be causing a lack of flexibility in the base range speakers. They produce their low decibel sound by way of vibration. Get it in a nice warm place, let the interior warm up fully, and see if that changes things.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:58 PM   #3
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
I haven't had this problem, but mine started acting up yesterday. when I have the radio on every so often it will go to the next station up. also, when i have a cd in sometimes it will jump to the next track, then jump back to the previous one. luckily it's under the bumper to bumper warranty so guess I'll be getting a new one.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:18 PM   #4
NJBourne23
Master of Nothings

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS
have you checked the tone settings? I think the system can hold up to 6 different configurations?!? Ive had mine switch on me once and i had to raise the base again, raise mids etc

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT/RS
NJBourne23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:02 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hi hot rod rooster,

I am sorry to hear about this! We have a customer care team in Canada that would be happy to assist and work with your dealership towards a resolution. The phone number is 800-263-3777, and the hours of operation are 7:30am - 11:30pm, and Sat 7:30am - 6:00 EST. I hope the issue is resolved quickly for you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot rod rooster View Post
lately my stereo has sounded quite poor (in really cold weather Saskatoon Canada) it kinda sounds like loud ipad speakers. I have the premium boston acoustics multi media system. There is no fullness to the sound and sounds tinny. I took it to the dealer and told them that maybe one of the amps was not working properly they said it sounded fine. it is painfully obvious that it is not. has anyone had this happen or would you have an idea what could be wrong. the system sounded really good when it was working well.
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:04 PM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Keep us posted on this, jd10013! Let us know if you would like assistance in contacting your local dealership.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
I haven't had this problem, but mine started acting up yesterday. when I have the radio on every so often it will go to the next station up. also, when i have a cd in sometimes it will jump to the next track, then jump back to the previous one. luckily it's under the bumper to bumper warranty so guess I'll be getting a new one.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:23 PM   #7
Speed2acer

Drives: 2010 2RS/SS Summit White/Inferno
Send a message via Skype™ to Speed2acer
Were you listening to a Country station?
Old 01-14-2014, 03:54 PM   #8
hot rod rooster

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
this problem seems to come and go. some days now it sounds better than others. I usually am listening to FM station or blue tooth music off my iphone. and yes it country music. but I listen to both kids of music, "country" and "western" just seems that im missing the mid range sounds at times. Thank you very much Jessica I will call the customer service team and see what we can figure out.
hot rod rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:00 PM   #9
Chevrolet Customer Svc

You're welcome! Keep us posted.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot rod rooster View Post
this problem seems to come and go. some days now it sounds better than others. I usually am listening to FM station or blue tooth music off my iphone. and yes it country music. but I listen to both kids of music, "country" and "western" just seems that im missing the mid range sounds at times. Thank you very much Jessica I will call the customer service team and see what we can figure out.