Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

AWE Tuning

Old 08-23-2020, 08:53 AM   #1
Z28GTOSSMike

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS
Warranty suspension work and aftermarket wheels.

I have been hearing a noise in my right front suspension and finally got under the car to take a look. Turns out the inner control arm bushing has come loose or failed. The car had the 1LE suspension upgrade kit installed by the dealer approximately 6,000 miles ago and the control arms were changed out. Don't know if it wasn't torqued properly or it just failed. The car only has 16,000 miles right now. I have an appointment with the dealer to get it checked but my real question is are they going to give me crap about having aftermarket wheels on the car. The wheels are MRR wheels in 1LE size and offset. It's kinda a pain in the butt to reinstall the original wheels and relearn the pressure sensors. Anyone have experience with warranty work on suspension components with aftermarket wheels?
Z28GTOSSMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 09:10 AM   #2
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
I cant imagine why this would be a problem.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 09:17 AM   #3
Z28GTOSSMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
I cant imagine why this would be a problem.
That's what I'm hoping. Just hate to give them any reason to deny a warranty repair.
Old 08-23-2020, 11:57 AM   #4
warren3537

Drives: 2019 Red Hot ZL1 1LE: 2012 RAM 2500
I took off my ARC-8's and put the stock wheels back on my ZLE before going in for warranty work, I would rather have them goof up the stock wheels instead of the ARC-8's, if the stock wheels get messed up then someone will be getting me some new ones.
warren3537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 01:03 PM   #5
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Wheels wouldn't cause this. If that bushing is on one of the links that was replaced with the 1LE upgrade kit, then my best guess is that tech who installed it tightened that pivot bolt without setting the car back at normal ride height first.
Old 08-25-2020, 10:27 PM   #6
Z28GTOSSMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
Wheels wouldn't cause this. If that bushing is on one of the links that was replaced with the 1LE upgrade kit, then my best guess is that tech who installed it tightened that pivot bolt without setting the car back at normal ride height first.
That was my thought exactly. I think I am going to put the factory wheels back on before I take it in just to be sure I don't give them any reason to give me a hard time about the warranty work. I know that the wheels didn't cause the bushing to fail but since this is my first new car with a warranty and I have no experience getting warranty work done I am going to err on the safe side. Maybe once I get to talk to them about this work I will feel better about it if I ever have to get any other warranty work done. Hopefully there won't be a next time.
Old 08-26-2020, 08:20 AM   #7
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
If this bushing is on one of the links that was replaced in the 1LE upgrade, make sure to have them address the same issue on the other side of the car. If they did this one wrong, then they surely made the same mistake on the other side too.
Old 08-26-2020, 02:31 PM   #8
Z28GTOSSMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
If this bushing is on one of the links that was replaced in the 1LE upgrade, make sure to have them address the same issue on the other side of the car. If they did this one wrong, then they surely made the same mistake on the other side too.
Most definitely. Hoping this repair doesn't drag out while they order parts. I have a track day scheduled for 10/3.