Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 03-18-2020, 11:12 AM   #1
Lantzyt

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Convertible
Tint/smoke tail lights and hood wrap

What is the cheapest way to tint/spray/smoke out the tail lights? I have the 2020 Camaro LT1. On my last camaro i purchased smoked taillights which werent too expensive, but does anyone have an inexpensive way to wrap/paint taillights?

I was also looking to wrap my hood with black, i got quotes from a local shop to wrap the hood/rear wing, and tint taillights for about $500. I looked in to dipyourcar.com sprayer and a gallon or 2 of paint and that would run me about $250-300 or so. any other options available? or is the $500 a good quote
Lantzyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 03:59 PM   #2
Lemmy Camaro
Theoren Hanks

Drives: 17 Camaro SS
My best advice coming from someone who wraps cars is stay far away from Plasti dip. The initial product may look good but over the course of about three months or so it will slowly break down and pick up dust. If you're not interested in maybe the DIY vinyl work I would just have it done professionally that way you don't have the hassle and you'll have a product that will remain looking awesome for quite some time if you maintain it properly. I think $500 is more than reasonable to do the hood, wing and tail lights
Lemmy Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 08:40 AM   #3
rallenrpd

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
I used Bigworm Graphics for my taillights. I didnt do the headlights but they make a kit for both. Fairly easy to install.
rallenrpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 09:23 AM   #4
Lantzyt

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmy Camaro View Post
My best advice coming from someone who wraps cars is stay far away from Plasti dip. The initial product may look good but over the course of about three months or so it will slowly break down and pick up dust. If you're not interested in maybe the DIY vinyl work I would just have it done professionally that way you don't have the hassle and you'll have a product that will remain looking awesome for quite some time if you maintain it properly. I think $500 is more than reasonable to do the hood, wing and tail lights
Yeah I am getting the hood/wing done for $300. Still looking at options for the tail lights, cant seem to find any tint overlay so may have to just replace the tail lights. is $400 for both tail lights in the smoked color reasonable? havent been able to find any cheaper yet
Lantzyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 09:35 AM   #5
Abubaca

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
Yeah I am getting the hood/wing done for $300. Still looking at options for the tail lights, cant seem to find any tint overlay so may have to just replace the tail lights. is $400 for both tail lights in the smoked color reasonable? havent been able to find any cheaper yet

I've wrapped a lot of cars too, and the hood and wing for $300 sound great to me!

...as for the tails, $400 is a lot, but I feel like you get what you pay for. I think the smoked stock GM tails are far and away better looking than aftermarket or tinted tails. For me, it's that with the GM pieces, you can still easily see all the detail in the lenses. JM2C.
Abubaca is offline   Reply With Quote