Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-02-2018, 08:18 AM   #1
john94si

Drives: 17 2ss vert
Convertible hitch

I added a hitch to my new vert last night. Not a bad install at all. I have done many of them.
A few hints:
*remove the lights first before the bumper cover.
*cut the new T-connector wires and run them thru the grommet, not the entire new plugs that go into the taillight as instructed.
*My left taillight was very hard to remove. I removed the 3 nuts holding it on but I had to pull VERY hard to remove it.

Don't bash me for a hitch. I jet ski a lot and have a truck but sometimes just taking the fun car is more enjoyable. I have always used cars to tow with zero issues.

Some pics of my last cars with hitches.

C56318 Curt T-Connector Vehicle Wiring Harness with 4-Pole Flat Trailer Connector
and
24938 Draw-Tite Sportframe Trailer Hitch Receiver - Custom Fit - Class I - 1-1/4"

Attached Images

john94si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:54 AM   #2
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
You are not alone, my friend. But I did have mine dealer installed. Not sure if they removed the bumper. Since it is only intended for my bike rack, I didn't need to have the wiring harness included.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:05 AM   #3
john94si

Sweet fifty.. yes all hitches get sandwiched between the aluminum bumper and the car. So removing the bumper cover is standard.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:06 AM   #4
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Cutting required ? It's not specifically called out on their install instructions.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:19 AM   #5
john94si

No cutting at all.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:40 PM   #6
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
You are not alone, my friend. But I did have mine dealer installed. Not sure if they removed the bumper. Since it is only intended for my bike rack, I didn't need to have the wiring harness included.
Martinjlm...that car is beautiful. Bike hitch and all.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:48 PM   #7
drperry

Drives: Chevy Blazer
Very nice! Definitely on my list of things, lol.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
drperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 05:37 AM   #8
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
I suggested to my wife that we could put a hitch on the Camaro to pull our Bushtec trailer. She nixxed that idear.
Attached Images

Old 01-23-2019, 09:33 AM   #9
drperry

Drives: Chevy Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado57 View Post
I suggested to my wife that we could put a hitch on the Camaro to pull our Bushtec trailer. She nixxed that idear.
It's easier to ask forgiveness, than permission, lol.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
drperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:55 AM   #10
john94si

Using the hitch last summer.
Attached Images

Old 08-18-2022, 08:52 AM   #11
SKM348

Drives: Genesis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Martin - did the Chevy dealer install it and do you know the PN?

Thanks
SKM348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 10:41 AM   #12
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKM348 View Post
Martin - did the Chevy dealer install it and do you know the PN?

Thanks
It was installed by the Chevy dealer. It’s been 5 years, so I don’t have the part number anymore, but it is still on the Accessories webpage. I think the price is $247.

It’s also available “in the wild”. The manufacturer is Curt. You can find it on their webpage as well.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 04:26 PM   #13
SKM348

Drives: Genesis
Thanks, Martin
SKM348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 02:25 PM   #14
JimmyFD43

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro convertable
TRAILER HITCH

[QUOTE=john94si;10170215]I added a hitch to my new vert last night. Not a bad install at all. I have done many of them.
A few hints:
*remove the lights first before the bumper cover.
*cut the new T-connector wires and run them thru the grommet, not the entire new plugs that go into the taillight as instructed.
*My left taillight was very hard to remove. I removed the 3 nuts holding it on but I had to pull VERY hard to remove it.

Don't bash me for a hitch. I jet ski a lot and have a truck but sometimes just taking the fun car is more enjoyable. I have always used cars to tow with zero issues.

Some pics of my last cars with hitches.

C56318 Curt T-Connector Vehicle Wiring Harness with 4-Pole Flat Trailer Connector
and
[URL="https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer_Hitch/Draw%7ETite/24938.html"]24938 Draw-Tite Sportframe Trailer Hitch Receiver - Custom Fit - Class I - 1-1/4"

No bashing from me...I am in the process for adding one to my 2018 Convertible. It for my e-bike. I have also been trying to find a spare (donut) that will fit in the trunk for when I take a trip from NC to Miami or DC...to no avail. And then it hit me: I am waiting for the guy to call me back regarding the hitch install, SO, I am going to see if he can weld something together that a full-size spare can fit into. Should not be that difficult and I will have a custom tire cover made. As I am not a Camaro purist, and at my age, 81 chronologically, 16 mentally, and 45 physically (good genes...probably Jordache lol), I care not a whit what others think. IF you get to my age... see what I mean...lol. Has anyone thought of and tried...or failed, regarding the spare tire idea. Naysayers responding reference the look...tis ok, I really do not care, because I am more interested in the idea.
JimmyFD43 is offline   Reply With Quote