Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-26-2023, 10:44 AM   #29
Xaxas

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnfin View Post
I just realized you guys make a hell of alot more money
Then i do. This forum is for the wealthy. I have a perfect
Driving record ,55 yo and carry 100000/300000 on my insurance and
Pay $2000 a year on any of my cars. So at 6 cars plus
A zl1 paymant at $1200 mo that puts it at $26k a year.
I need a better paying job to pay foy my toys.
What people spend generally has nothing to do with how much they actually have so don't know down yourself like that nor compare to others, plus everyone's situation is different, if I didn't have my car I'd have a house but a soul-draining shitbox, if I didn't have my place I'd be sleeping in my Porsche, if things didn't go up so much in so little time there'd be more people spending in their hobbies.

Previous: 2017 2LT aka "Noire"
Mods: Chevrolet Performance Suspension || K&N Cold Air Intake || Borla ATAK Mufflers + Catback system || MRR 650 ZL1 replicas with squared 285/30 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S || ZZP 4 piston brake kit + braided brake lines || BMR everything (Solid/Lockout cradle bushing are a MUST in Camaros)
Xaxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 11:46 AM   #30
Johnfin

Drives: 2018 ss
Pretty soon we wont have that "Hobby" you guys mention:

https://autos.yahoo.com/biden-admini...150033978.html
Johnfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 11:51 AM   #31
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnfin View Post
Pretty soon we wont have that "Hobby" you guys mention:

https://autos.yahoo.com/biden-admini...150033978.html
Go buy HPTuners NOW! I am going to get it immediately for my 2023 whether I use it or not.

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 11:51 AM   #32
LT14EVA

Drives: Camaro
I know someone with modest income, modest home, but drives a 2019 ZL1 1LE, wrapped, and heads/cam.
Different priorities.
LT14EVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 02:32 PM   #33
Johnfin

Drives: 2018 ss
The article says the goverment is passing the law preventing the
Owner from working on their cars to make it safer.
Attached Images

Johnfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 11:32 AM   #34
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
Looking at the value of my current Camaro, about $35,000, prompted me to do a search for a new Camaro, just to see what's out there. I was pleasantly surprised to find 20 within a 200 mile radius that cleared my filter. SS or ZL1, manual, duel mode exhaust, and HUD. I got 20 hits. Ranging from a low of $44k for a 1SS to a high of $80k for a ZL1, with a nice ZL1 in the middle for $69k. I figure OTD on that one is probably about $74k.

Kind of tempting to to drop $39k and get a new ZL1. I hate to give up the 1LE package though.

Seems like there are a decent number out there if you're willing to travel a bit.
If you're trading for a ZL1, go for it.

If you're trading for an SS - I wouldn't. I think the 16-18 look much better and more aggressive. The 19 had a few decent looking ones with the color combo, but overall meh. The 20+ aren't ugly by any means but they look much more generic IMHO. Kinda like the 10-13 looked better than the 14-15 refresh.
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 11:56 AM   #35
SCCAVETTE

Drives: 2023 Camaro LT1
We were looking for a new 1SS 1LE 2 months ago for the kid and was only able to find 1 available 600 miles away and had 10K market adjustment. We ended up looking for ANY V8 manual car and there was 1 within 200 miles of us, so we bought it. There were plenty advertised or "in route" however every one of them were sold (ordered by customer) units. I don't think they should be able to advertise them if they are sold units unless the deal falls through. When we were looking most dealers had 0 new cars and the ones that did had 1 or 2 4 or 6 cyl cars. The dealership we bought from had 1 other Camaro. I was a base convertible manual that did not have 1 option on it, first one i have eber seen where not even 1 option was picked.
SCCAVETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 01:53 PM   #36
02WhiteWs6

Drives: 2024 LT1 Convertible
They do this in Canada as well, in transit units are usually customer orders but they still advertise it like it was an available unit (and pay for it), just to get your contact info. It's annoying af.
02WhiteWs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 03:19 PM   #37
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
The dealer wants $81k out the door for the red ZL1 plus tax. He says the car is 'built and waiting to be dispatched to them'. He also says they don't take partial payments until it's on the truck and they have a delivery date.

Seem legit?
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 04:09 PM   #38
mano_camaro
IYAOYAS

Drives: 22 1LE 2SS M6 Riverside Blue
The new ZL1's still have the '18 front end look. in some areas, if the camaros are not spoken for, they will fly way from the lot as soon as they get there. That was my experience in northern Virginia. most camaros were spoken for already, and if not in less than a week they were gone, even used camaros, but that was in the middle of the chip shortage.

i was keeping tabs on the shipping progress from Aug to Oct of '21 when i sourced my 22 '1LE and called every week. I had to get it the same day it arrived, because a dealership sales man was already looking to buy it because he had destroyed his previous one. heck i saw him test driving it already as soon as i arrived to the lot. he ended up getting another one that came in a few days later in another color.

Luckily a sales man i was working with notified me as soon as it arrived
Attached Images

2020 Red Hot Camaro 2SS 1LE/PDR /Sold

2018 black Camaro 2SS M6 Redline Edition/Traded

2016 summit white Camaro RS V6 M6/Traded

Last edited by mano_camaro; 06-27-2023 at 05:10 PM.
mano_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 04:29 PM   #39
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mano_camaro View Post
The new ZL1's still have the '18 front end look. in some areas, if they are not spoken for, they will fly way from the lot as soon as they get there. That was my experience in northern Virginia. most camaros were spoken for already, and if not in less than a week they were gone, even used camaros, but that was in the middle of the chip shortage.

i was keeping tabs on the shipping progress from Aug to Oct of '21 when i sourced my 22 '1LE and called every week. I had to get it the same day it arrived, because a dealership sales man was already looking to buy it because he had destroyed his previous one. heck i saw him test driving it already as soon as i arrived to the lot. he ended up getting another one that came in a few days later in another color.

. Nice color.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 04:50 PM   #40
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
In my opinion if someone wants to buy a new Camaro get one before they are out of production because you might not be able to find one that is affordable or what you are looking for.
Old 06-28-2023, 03:56 AM   #41
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
If your car is a toy and paid off I would keep it. For less than the 39k your going to pay to upgrade add a ProCharger. Upgrade the bottom end too and get an easy 850hp to the wheels.

I would then go buy some stupid expensive 3 piece forged wheels and adjust the suspension accordingly.

But that is just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 07:15 AM   #42
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mano_camaro View Post
The new ZL1's still have the '18 front end look. in some areas, if the camaros are not spoken for, they will fly way from the lot as soon as they get there. That was my experience in northern Virginia. most camaros were spoken for already, and if not in less than a week they were gone, even used camaros, but that was in the middle of the chip shortage.

I agree - this was my experience as well. Every car I had found that I was actually interested in was already presold or had a deposit on it. I primarily was leaning towards a ZL1 but I figured if I found the right 2SS and the dealer would take supplier pricing, I may have to go for it.

It was stupid look (and really a matter of the salesman doing his job) that I was even able to secure one. I had inquired on a sharkskin A10 ZL1. Wrong color and wrong transmission for me, but I probably would've taken it. Its only a few hours away and the dealer is no BS. Anyway, he replied that the car was already sold prior to landing (again as with most), but he had another ZL1 that was just accepted for production and is scheduled to be built next month. Black with the 6 speed. Again, the color isn't my first choice but the 6 speed can be difficult to find. That car was ONLY available because it really isn't advertised yet, since it was just accepted for production. I thought it over for a couple of days and I reserved it. I didn't want to risk losing it.

Gone but not forgotten: ‘17 Camaro 2SS Yellow 6speed
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote