Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-01-2016, 06:10 PM   #29
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon Dynamics View Post
The Challenger also has a boxy old muscle car design, its not a sexy or sporty looking car. Its a land whale compared to the Camaro or Mustang, and this is typically why people aren't buying it. The Mustang is the best of both worlds, good visibility and sporty European design.
People did prefer it over the Camaro a few months recently and has almost constantly increased its sales on an upward trend..people are absolutely buying them.

Sexy is a matter of perspective, just as some guys prefer the athletic look, others more curvy in women.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:11 PM   #30
Meteorma

Drives: Camaro ss
Well in fairness with all the protests I can see mustang sales being on top as nothing takes out a crowd like a mustang
Meteorma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:27 PM   #31
Carbon Dynamics

Drives: American Muscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
People did prefer it over the Camaro a few months recently and has almost constantly increased its sales on an upward trend..people are absolutely buying them.

Sexy is a matter of perspective, just as some guys prefer the athletic look, others more curvy in women.
People didn't prefer it to the Camaro, per se, the challenger was doing about as good as it usually does. Chevy just dropped the ball on the Camaro, its design, the way they rolled it out, its price, etc. Most Gen 5 owner probably didn't see a reason to upgrade since the design looks very similar to theirs, and most new buyers probably didn't notice a difference between the new Camaro and the old. All of these affected the Camaro's sales numbers. Both the Challenger and the Camaro have their own separate problems.
Carbon Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:54 PM   #32
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookShow'84 View Post
Visibility is an issue if you're used to a sedan or suv. If you compare it to vehicles in the same ballpark it's not bad. People have to choose for themselves what they are willing to deal with. You don't hear people calling Ferrari's flawed bc they don't have full size truck visibility.
If I compare the Camaro to the other vehicles similar in size and performance, the Camaro is not even close. Mustang, 4 Series BMW, Audi A5, Infinite Q60. All have better visibility than the Camaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post

The data doesn't show that. It shows two increasing spikes with corresponding big drops. It is currently selling less than the Gen5 and if you go back a year when the car was really pretty new, it is selling about the same and the peak sales were April of this year with another lower spike of September. It has not constantly increased. That would be awesome if it had.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:11 PM   #33
Sub

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Do we have a chart for nov?
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 09:59 PM   #34
COmaro

Drives: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
The Challenger has always had the best visibility, rear leg room and trunk space compared to Mustang and Camaro. Yet, it has never lead in sales among the three....

Visibility is a flawed argument, not a flaw in the Camaro.
Wrong. Visibility is the #1 complaint about the Camaro. Don't believe me? Look at the comments on every Camaro road test ever published on the internet. Hell, look at me. I bought a 2013 Mustang instead of a Camaro, and a huge reason was that my wife hated the sitting in a cave feeling of the Camaro. I was seriously disappointed by the redesign not addressing this flaw. This is coming from someone who drives a Mustang and a Wrangler, neither of which wins any awards for visibility.
COmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 10:22 PM   #35
VCSRT

Drives: Jeep
When I was test driving Camaro's every car on the lot had tint, I literally couldn't see shit, and said that multiple times; one dealer offered to remove it, but still charge for it. IF you're buying a car of this caliber, chances are you're going to do dumb shit in it, not being able to see is not a bonus. I'm a Mopar guy, the Challenger presents the best DD, but its so damned dated compared to the competition I can't force myself to spend money on one.
VCSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 10:48 PM   #36
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by COmaro View Post
Wrong. Visibility is the #1 complaint about the Camaro. Don't believe me? Look at the comments on every Camaro road test ever published on the internet. Hell, look at me. I bought a 2013 Mustang instead of a Camaro, and a huge reason was that my wife hated the sitting in a cave feeling of the Camaro. I was seriously disappointed by the redesign not addressing this flaw. This is coming from someone who drives a Mustang and a Wrangler, neither of which wins any awards for visibility.
I know the windows are still small, but I feel the 6th gen is way easier to see out of than the 5th which felt like a cave. The most annoying thing for me is that I can't rest my arm on the windowsill.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:25 PM   #37
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon Dynamics View Post
The Challenger also has a boxy old muscle car design, its not a sexy or sporty looking car. Its a land whale compared to the Camaro or Mustang, and this is typically why people aren't buying it. The Mustang is the best of both worlds, good visibility and sporty European design.
The Challenger is the best looking out of the 3, the Camaro is the best performer, the mustang is the lowest in price.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:32 PM   #38
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by COmaro View Post
I bought my 11, in 11. Been my DD for almost 6 years, never had an issue with visibility. It depends on what you are used to. If someone is used to driving a convertible all the time then get in a hard top then they will also appear to have visibility issues.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:47 PM   #39
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
No issue for me. I've owned lots of sports cars - vettes, 911, miata - it's on par with those.

Of course mine is a vert and I do drive with top down more than up. Obviously zero issue with the top open !!
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:47 PM   #40
BluinSC

Drives: BVM 1SS
I can't speak for everyone, but I don't have a problem with the visibility and I'm 5' 8".

I just wish the roof was higher.
BluinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 12:09 AM   #41
Cldgin2

Drives: 2017 1LE SS
6'1 no issues with visibility... but then all I've driven for the past 6 years is Camaros and Vettes
Old 12-02-2016, 12:20 AM   #42
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluinSC View Post
I can't speak for everyone, but I don't have a problem with the visibility and I'm 5' 8".

I just wish the roof was higher.
You should have got the infiniti roof option like me !
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote