Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-26-2023, 02:58 PM   #29
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future1LE View Post
I have the magnuson 2650 on my zl1. Stock headers and fuel system at the moment. Hoping port injection will wake it up. I have aftermarket headers ready and planning to do all at once.
Basically your doing the same as Radz, your gonna like it.
Lets put this in perspective, when I first built my 2016 Camaro with a 2300 Magnuson tune except for a Power Enrich change and made 549 rwhp on the dyno. the fastest it went was 10.82@129, I don't remember how much boost we were running but less then 10 lbs on 93 octane. Basically I have the same drag pack on my 2022 that I had on the 16 SS so weights would be really close. I have a 2300 on this car with just Thpsi port injection and running E65, our best pass on 10.5 lbs of boost is 9.86@142 and made 707 rwhp. The 16 was an A8 and this 2022 Lt1 is an A10 so it might make it a little quicker. So, almost a full second quicker and 12 mph on the big end. All do to the Port Injection and being able to run more timing and E65.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff

Last edited by laynlo15; 02-26-2023 at 03:12 PM.
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 10:21 AM   #30
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
With the port plates on, did you have to change the belt size? If you did, can you share with one you went with, thanks! Also I pm you a few questions
I have stock pullies and used a K080865HD and it's pretty tight. It took a half our of struggling to get it on (I'm ONLY talking about literally wrenching and prying to get the belt on). That might not work, though if you get a smaller upper, or change for other tensioners or idlers. I don't know if you know this, but if you go from, say, a K080850 (which I think is the one that comes in the Magnuson kit), to the K080865, like I did, you'll see the '865 represents a longer belt. You can gradually go up, or down, by either raising the last 3-digits (longer belt) or shorten the belt with a smaller (last 3-digits) number. If you haven't already done so, maybe reach out to the company with the idlers/tensioners to see what size they recommend.

I got your PM, and thought (I intended on sharing here anyways after everything was working) I just share here. It's probably old news for some, but I learned something, lol...

I ordered from Summit, and these are all Vibrant fittings, and you NEED to use an E85 compatible NON-PTFE Nylon hose, or these fittings WON'T work. The PTFE hose has a nylon liner which is not compatible with ANY of these fittings (I didn't know that until I tried). You'll want an equivalent hose to use for the list of fittings below, so look at this example (SUM-240606BP). If I were to do it again, I WOULD do the PTFE nylon hose, AND use the corresponding fittings, because I guess they're better at keeping sealed up and what not. But - the hose, suggested above, is rated for E85, and more, so I guess I'll find out if it's bad or not. Here ya' go:

3 - VPE-16886 $40.77
2 - VPE-21006 $17.18
3 - VPE-21906 $53.97
1 - VPE-10792 $19.99
1 - VPE-10742 $19.99
1 - VPE-21806 $23.99
2 - VPE-10732 $33.98
1 - VPE-16881 $12.59

1 - ADO-13507128 $64.99 *** THIS IS A FLEX FUEL SENSOR ***

If you already have the Magnuson 2650 kit, you'll already have the extended fuel line that I have, so it will connect directly the way I have it. It's not the cleanest, but I left the Magnuson line connected to the OEM line, and just looped it around once (because it was too long), behind the blower, and ran it along the passenger's side of the blower to the mail quick connect. If you do not have a Maggie 2650 kit, you can move the male quick connect (plug it into the OEM fuel line), add 2-more VPE-21006 end fittings, and connect 1 to the male quick connect (the one just mentioned), run the hose from the end fitting, to another that goes on the 90* fitting that screws onto the "T" on the passenger's side PI rail (that's the one in the lower left of the pic with the injectors/plates/plumbing).

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 11:04 AM   #31
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
I have the magnuson 2650 on my zl1. Stock headers and fuel system at the moment. Hoping port injection will wake it up. I have aftermarket headers ready and planning to do all at once.
You're probably at the fueling threshold already, if you've got any intake-side additions, let alone adding LTs.

I haven't run pulls long enough, but even though my low side was dropping into the 50s in single-gear hits (e.g. starting in 4th gear, around 50, and pulling to 103-or-so at redline), it hadn't yet started affecting my high side pressure. Were I going from a dig, and rolling to 130, I could see the high side probably drop.

After adding the DSX low side, as soon as 3-psi of boost is seen, the pump kicks on and low side goes to like 80-psi. I haven't stayed in it too long, as I'm still trying to get a safe base tune, but seeing that is reassuring, and makes me feel the PI will have all the fuel it needs (in addition to the DI) for safe power on E'. Other LT4 cars have made as much as 800-plus (non-SAE, but at, essentially sea level) on just these mods' alone on E', so it would be a surprise if it wouldn't wake up your ZL1.

My build is a puny one compared to many of you guys, but it's as much as I think I'll ever want. My car's basically a street car, and once the tuning is done, I intend on taking it to the track near me. It was a little scary on street tires before the PI/E', and I don't want to have to run on DRs all the time, so this is more than enough. I'll need some Nittos/Toyos though, lol.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 02-27-2023, 02:48 PM   #32
laynlo15

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
You're probably at the fueling threshold already, if you've got any intake-side additions, let alone adding LTs.

I haven't run pulls long enough, but even though my low side was dropping into the 50s in single-gear hits (e.g. starting in 4th gear, around 50, and pulling to 103-or-so at redline), it hadn't yet started affecting my high side pressure. Were I going from a dig, and rolling to 130, I could see the high side probably drop.

After adding the DSX low side, as soon as 3-psi of boost is seen, the pump kicks on and low side goes to like 80-psi. I haven't stayed in it too long, as I'm still trying to get a safe base tune, but seeing that is reassuring, and makes me feel the PI will have all the fuel it needs (in addition to the DI) for safe power on E'. Other LT4 cars have made as much as 800-plus (non-SAE, but at, essentially sea level) on just these mods' alone on E', so it would be a surprise if it wouldn't wake up your ZL1.

My build is a puny one compared to many of you guys, but it's as much as I think I'll ever want. My car's basically a street car, and once the tuning is done, I intend on taking it to the track near me. It was a little scary on street tires before the PI/E', and I don't want to have to run on DRs all the time, so this is more than enough. I'll need some Nittos/Toyos though, lol.
Nice to hear your driving it and getting some seat time. I run the 305-35-20 Nitto 555r2s on the street and RC components Hoosier/MT for the track. Your going to be making more power than I am but at least the Nitto's allow you to roll off from about 50 to 60 mph at WOT depending on pavement temp and texture of the road, meaning rough or smooth pavement. Never take the traction control off. Dangerous for sure.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
Old 03-02-2023, 10:53 AM   #33
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
Nice to hear your driving it and getting some seat time. I run the 305-35-20 Nitto 555r2s on the street and RC components Hoosier/MT for the track. Your going to be making more power than I am but at least the Nitto's allow you to roll off from about 50 to 60 mph at WOT depending on pavement temp and texture of the road, meaning rough or smooth pavement. Never take the traction control off. Dangerous for sure.
Bingo. I took him out, for a second time yesterday, after all the rain went away and it started drying out enough that I could start to make a hit. I still couldn't hook in 3rd anywhere, but it was also, still, pretty cold.

I might see about going out again today. I'm still running on 91, just so my TIMING ADVANCE tables are good, so I can start adding for FLEX. I haven't really been able to get into WOT at all (only up to about 80% THROTTLE). BUT - this gave me some data to try to work off of for WOT, so if I can get back out today, maybe I can roll out from 4th gear, and see if I can stay in the THROTTLE long enough to get some WOT data.

I'm still working with another person to see if this alternate fuel-compensation method will work, so I'm still messing with that, too. It seems like a mixed bag, but my fingers are crossed. I can't wait to start adding E'!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 03-07-2023, 12:06 PM   #34
cjperformance

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th Anniversary
@Radz28 Assuming this is what you are doing... When you pull fuel from PE on the ECU, how are you compensating for that with PI? Also, do your PE settings in the reflex match your PE settings on the ECU?

MAF part is straightforward... but very confused about PE adjustments... when you remove from ECU how/where to add the additional "fuel" in the reflex.... example, do you fiddle with the MAF values in the reflex, or increase PE on the reflex, etc...
CircleD 3K Stall | QA1 CF Driveshaft
Forgestar F14 Drag 17x10 NT555R2 305/45/17 Rear
Forgestar F14 18x8 NT555G2 235/50/18 Front
10.84@131 w/4.13" pulley
??.??@??? w/3.7" pulley (installed & tuning)
cjperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 02:44 PM   #35
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjperformance View Post
@Radz28 Assuming this is what you are doing... When you pull fuel from PE on the ECU, how are you compensating for that with PI? Also, do your PE settings in the reflex match your PE settings on the ECU?

MAF part is straightforward... but very confused about PE adjustments... when you remove from ECU how/where to add the additional "fuel" in the reflex.... example, do you fiddle with the MAF values in the reflex, or increase PE on the reflex, etc...
What I'm currently attempting is a couple things. And, in case I didn't make it clean in my thread, I haven't tried integrating an auxiliary ECM into a car before. I feel like I barely have enough knowledge to work the OEM ECM, lol... What has been done in the past is people either take fuel from POWER ENRICHMENT or from the MAF, and then adjust how TORQUE is reported, and or a blend. AND - it works. I've already fooled with the VTT, so I'm not too concerned with that. BUT - I like to swim upstream, so I want to try this other method.

To your questions (I'm against the clock, and this will be a little all-over, so pick what makes sense, lol:

If you haven't - watch Mike's videos. I think your questions will be answered there. They aren't tutorials, really, and I don't think he intended them as such (I'm not speaking for him, but if you read his posts regarding the tuning side, I think he makes it pretty clear it doesn't tell you everything. BUT - I'm going to try to briefly detail (only the next 2-paragraphs) how this is going to integrate into the car, just so I'm on the same page as you.

The REFLEX gets it's fueling from tapping into the OEM MAF signal. So - the REFLEX sees what the OEM ECM sees, but doesn't care about anything (basically) BUT the MAF signal, because it's going to add fuel ONLY based off of that signal (basically). AFTER your current combination is calibrated, you take your current ECM MAF table, and put it into Mike's spreadsheet (this is after you set the spreadsheet up, per his other video showing you how to do that). After the spreadsheet does it's thing, you'll have a MAF calibration to put into, both, the ECM and the REFLEX. Those calibrations, in conjunction with each other, will compensate and balance the fueling from both controllers. It will still take polishing, but that will be a pretty good baseline to start testing with. I probably wouldn't go WOT straight out, but they'll be good enough to get you in the ballpark to work toward WOT hits and calibration. So - pulling fuel from the ECM only pulls fuel out of the OEM injectors. So if you pull fuel leaner than your EQ target, you need to ADD FUEL from the REFLEX. Some of my PE settings in the REFLEX match the ECM, but those are general compensations that are kinda' broad. So far - I'm not seeing broad adjustments that I need to make, so I'm focusing my adjustments in the REFLEX MAF table for now. I could be wrong, but it seems to be okay so far. Hopefully that helps shed some light on your first question.

Maybe it's easier to say, get your combination calibrated. Use Mike's spreadsheet, and follow his video. After your careful first drive, see if you have any fat or lean spots. If you have either, add or subtract fuel. It MIGHT be easiest to subtract fuel (this is likely what you'll see in the beginning) from the ECM in either the MAF or PE tables. Pulling fuel from the MAF, after a certain point, will affect the TORQUE calculation enough that your auto-tranny might start behaving bad. You can add to an EQ TORQUE table to make up a little for that difference, or increase your VTT, in the corresponding tables, to make the ECM report higher TORQUE and make the TCM happy. If you pull fuel from the PE table, since you aren't reporting less airflow, TORQUE won't fall, and you might not have to get into VTT. BUT - you won't have much fueling available to pull out, so you might have to do BOTH. You'll see in the SCANNER where you're running rich or lean. Just make your adjustments there. If you're seeing you're running 10% rich across the board, you can make a whole sale change to the PE in the REFLEX if you wanted. Most of my adjustments, for now, are going to be in the MAF. If I start to see trends, that are the same across the MAF scale, then I'll make whole sale changes to the REFLEX injector table or PE table or something. I'm just not that far yet.

The method I'm trying is just telling the ECM the DI is flowing more fuel than it does, so it is actually going to run lean under certain circumstances (WOT). When it is running leaner, is where I'm adding the REFLEX PI. Right now - I'm trying to shoot for a certain IPW from the DI, and will put the rest of the fuel load on the REFLEX PI, so my DI reaches the threshold (and efficiency) I want, and my REFLEX PI, will get me to, and keep me at the EQ I want (probably something like 70/30).
  • I am trying to minimize any compensation in the stock ECM (ECM). What I know is how critical it is to have TORQUE calculations correct for the ECM. That takes calibration of the stock MAF and VVE tables. SO - the method I'm trying to use really manipulates the reporting of the stock injectors, by telling the ECM they are flowing more fuel than they are, when, in fact (because they are the OEM LT4 injectors), they are now. So - if I didn't have the REFLEX, I would be running lean, probably, about the same percentage as I'm trying to get from the REFLEX. I'm targeting about 5.0ms IPW (which, is, apparently, a good target) and then bring in what I need to get my EQ to about .82-.84. How I'm trying to get that (and this is the easier part) is from the REFLEX/PI. It seems like I'll probably need about 30-35% of my fueling on E85 from the PI, so what I'm starting to see is a trend that I'm on track. I don't have any WOT hits yet, as traction's been an issue, and I'm trying to creep up to WOT on 91, then go for full pump-E' after that, increasing TIMING as I see fueling is good and don't get KNOCK. I am trying to make as much compensation in the REFLEX ECM (REFLEX). So - I'm limiting ECM compensation because that's what I've learned should work. Just reporting higher INJECTOR FLOW (which lessens fuel to the engine, making the mixture leaner), and adding the rest of the fuel from the REFLEX is what I'm trying to do. It is my understanding that I should be able to add/take fuel from the MAF TABLE in the REFLEX, so that's what I'm trying to do. It's more tedious than doing the same with the ECM, but I don't mind. IF that works, and I can reach my targeted IPW/EQ, I'll call it a success. If not, I can do a blend of what already works.
  • As far as PE compensation - I can use PE to "rape" my fueling to achieve my IPW and fueling targets in the ECM. Since PE adds fuel to the STOICH value, there is additional fueling the ECM is adding that I can take away, if necessary. So - if the INJECTOR limits I'm trying to modify aren't enough (because there is a limit that might not allow for enough compensation for what I need), I can continue pulling fuel from the ECM through the PE table to finally get to the IPW I want. Because that will be pulling fuel, it will cause my mixture to be LEANER, so that's where the REFLEX comes in, and I add the rest of the fueling I need to get the EQ back to where it should be. I only want to pull from PE if I can't get all the compensation I'm looking for. So far, it seems like I'm getting good results that show this new method is working; at least that's what the trend suggests. If all of that mess doesn't work, my combination doesn't really need too much more fuel on full E', so if I do go back and just pull fueling from the ECM MAF and add some TORQUE compensation - not that big a deal really. Like I said - my TORQUE TABLES aren't stock anyways.

We'll see. Rain has still been a PITA, and looks to continue in enough that I can't get any meaningful hits in for at least another week. Boo... Everything SEEMS to be tracking predictably though. And just to reiterate: Mike's already laid the groundwork for success already, and what I know comes from reading as much as he posted, and what others do when they add meth or auxiliary fueling.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 03-07-2023, 03:53 PM   #36
cjperformance

Quote:
What I'm currently attempting is a couple things. And, in case I didn't make it clean in my thread, I haven't tried integrating an auxiliary ECM into a car before. I feel like I barely have enough knowledge to work the OEM ECM, lol... What has been done in the past is people either take fuel from POWER ENRICHMENT or from the MAF, and then adjust how TORQUE is reported, and or a blend. AND - it works. I've already fooled with the VTT, so I'm not too concerned with that. BUT - I like to swim upstream, so I want to try this other method.

To your questions (I'm against the clock, and this will be a little all-over, so pick what makes sense, lol:

If you haven't - watch Mike's videos. I think your questions will be answered there. They aren't tutorials, really, and I don't think he intended them as such (I'm not speaking for him, but if you read his posts regarding the tuning side, I think he makes it pretty clear it doesn't tell you everything. BUT - I'm going to try to briefly detail (only the next 2-paragraphs) how this is going to integrate into the car, just so I'm on the same page as you.

The REFLEX gets it's fueling from tapping into the OEM MAF signal. So - the REFLEX sees what the OEM ECM sees, but doesn't care about anything (basically) BUT the MAF signal, because it's going to add fuel ONLY based off of that signal (basically). AFTER your current combination is calibrated, you take your current ECM MAF table, and put it into Mike's spreadsheet (this is after you set the spreadsheet up, per his other video showing you how to do that). After the spreadsheet does it's thing, you'll have a MAF calibration to put into, both, the ECM and the REFLEX. Those calibrations, in conjunction with each other, will compensate and balance the fueling from both controllers. It will still take polishing, but that will be a pretty good baseline to start testing with. I probably wouldn't go WOT straight out, but they'll be good enough to get you in the ballpark to work toward WOT hits and calibration. So - pulling fuel from the ECM only pulls fuel out of the OEM injectors. So if you pull fuel leaner than your EQ target, you need to ADD FUEL from the REFLEX. Some of my PE settings in the REFLEX match the ECM, but those are general compensations that are kinda' broad. So far - I'm not seeing broad adjustments that I need to make, so I'm focusing my adjustments in the REFLEX MAF table for now. I could be wrong, but it seems to be okay so far. Hopefully that helps shed some light on your first question.

Maybe it's easier to say, get your combination calibrated. Use Mike's spreadsheet, and follow his video. After your careful first drive, see if you have any fat or lean spots. If you have either, add or subtract fuel. It MIGHT be easiest to subtract fuel (this is likely what you'll see in the beginning) from the ECM in either the MAF or PE tables. Pulling fuel from the MAF, after a certain point, will affect the TORQUE calculation enough that your auto-tranny might start behaving bad. You can add to an EQ TORQUE table to make up a little for that difference, or increase your VTT, in the corresponding tables, to make the ECM report higher TORQUE and make the TCM happy. If you pull fuel from the PE table, since you aren't reporting less airflow, TORQUE won't fall, and you might not have to get into VTT. BUT - you won't have much fueling available to pull out, so you might have to do BOTH. You'll see in the SCANNER where you're running rich or lean. Just make your adjustments there. If you're seeing you're running 10% rich across the board, you can make a whole sale change to the PE in the REFLEX if you wanted. Most of my adjustments, for now, are going to be in the MAF. If I start to see trends, that are the same across the MAF scale, then I'll make whole sale changes to the REFLEX injector table or PE table or something. I'm just not that far yet.

The method I'm trying is just telling the ECM the DI is flowing more fuel than it does, so it is actually going to run lean under certain circumstances (WOT). When it is running leaner, is where I'm adding the REFLEX PI. Right now - I'm trying to shoot for a certain IPW from the DI, and will put the rest of the fuel load on the REFLEX PI, so my DI reaches the threshold (and efficiency) I want, and my REFLEX PI, will get me to, and keep me at the EQ I want (probably something like 70/30).
  • I am trying to minimize any compensation in the stock ECM (ECM). What I know is how critical it is to have TORQUE calculations correct for the ECM. That takes calibration of the stock MAF and VVE tables. SO - the method I'm trying to use really manipulates the reporting of the stock injectors, by telling the ECM they are flowing more fuel than they are, when, in fact (because they are the OEM LT4 injectors), they are now. So - if I didn't have the REFLEX, I would be running lean, probably, about the same percentage as I'm trying to get from the REFLEX. I'm targeting about 5.0ms IPW (which, is, apparently, a good target) and then bring in what I need to get my EQ to about .82-.84. How I'm trying to get that (and this is the easier part) is from the REFLEX/PI. It seems like I'll probably need about 30-35% of my fueling on E85 from the PI, so what I'm starting to see is a trend that I'm on track. I don't have any WOT hits yet, as traction's been an issue, and I'm trying to creep up to WOT on 91, then go for full pump-E' after that, increasing TIMING as I see fueling is good and don't get KNOCK. I am trying to make as much compensation in the REFLEX ECM (REFLEX). So - I'm limiting ECM compensation because that's what I've learned should work. Just reporting higher INJECTOR FLOW (which lessens fuel to the engine, making the mixture leaner), and adding the rest of the fuel from the REFLEX is what I'm trying to do. It is my understanding that I should be able to add/take fuel from the MAF TABLE in the REFLEX, so that's what I'm trying to do. It's more tedious than doing the same with the ECM, but I don't mind. IF that works, and I can reach my targeted IPW/EQ, I'll call it a success. If not, I can do a blend of what already works.
  • As far as PE compensation - I can use PE to "rape" my fueling to achieve my IPW and fueling targets in the ECM. Since PE adds fuel to the STOICH value, there is additional fueling the ECM is adding that I can take away, if necessary. So - if the INJECTOR limits I'm trying to modify aren't enough (because there is a limit that might not allow for enough compensation for what I need), I can continue pulling fuel from the ECM through the PE table to finally get to the IPW I want. Because that will be pulling fuel, it will cause my mixture to be LEANER, so that's where the REFLEX comes in, and I add the rest of the fueling I need to get the EQ back to where it should be. I only want to pull from PE if I can't get all the compensation I'm looking for. So far, it seems like I'm getting good results that show this new method is working; at least that's what the trend suggests. If all of that mess doesn't work, my combination doesn't really need too much more fuel on full E', so if I do go back and just pull fueling from the ECM MAF and add some TORQUE compensation - not that big a deal really. Like I said - my TORQUE TABLES aren't stock anyways.

We'll see. Rain has still been a PITA, and looks to continue in enough that I can't get any meaningful hits in for at least another week. Boo... Everything SEEMS to be tracking predictably though. And just to reiterate: Mike's already laid the groundwork for success already, and what I know comes from reading as much as he posted, and what others do when they add meth or auxiliary fueling.
Nice, that all makes sense. Thanks for the write up!
10.84@131 w/4.13" pulley
Old 03-07-2023, 04:59 PM   #37
laynlo15

Quote:

When I was speaking to Mike today about Chris's Procharger setup he said he intends to do a video on the Procharger as he has on the Maggie or Pd blowers. Hopefully he'll get to that soon since he stated Procharger sales are more the PD sales. I thought that was interesting.
Radz, not sure your education but your explanation of the Reflex and other parts of the system are pretty impressive. Evidently you are still able learn, hee-hee unlike me you take it in easily so I'm assuming your under 50 years old. Haha, my brain cells at 71 seem to be lacking but trying my hardest in understanding everything Mike puts into his tunes. Thanks for the write up.
Old 03-07-2023, 05:33 PM   #38
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjperformance View Post
Nice, that all makes sense. Thanks for the write up!
Agreed! That is very well written and helpful to anyone going down this path.
Old 03-07-2023, 05:39 PM   #39
cjperformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
When I was speaking to Mike today about Chris's Procharger setup he said he intends to do a video on the Procharger as he has on the Maggie or Pd blowers. Hopefully he'll get to that soon since he stated Procharger sales are more the PD sales. I thought that was interesting.
Radz, not sure your education but your explanation of the Reflex and other parts of the system are pretty impressive. Evidently you are still able learn, hee-hee unlike me you take it in easily so I'm assuming your under 50 years old. Haha, my brain cells at 71 seem to be lacking but trying my hardest in understanding everything Mike puts into his tunes. Thanks for the write up.
In my case its because i have to push the procharger to a higher peak to get the same average boost as a PD.

Plus the procharger intercooler doesnt do as well at keeping IATs down, so need some airflow cooling.

Just my own reasoning anyway.
10.84@131 w/4.13" pulley
Old 03-07-2023, 07:51 PM   #40
radz28
Petro-sexual

That was a lot for anyone to read, and it wasn't as cohesive as I would prefer, but I WILL make it so when I have some concrete statements I can make. Sorry about that. I was trying to do a few things at once, so I was all over the place. And - I have a lot to learn, too.

That's interesting on the centri-popularity, too. It makes sense, and either way - the more interest he can get, the better.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 03-09-2023, 11:57 AM   #41
cjperformance

@radz28 or @laynlo How did you physically mount the reflex box? There are no mount tabs or anything. Obviously dont want to drill into the box or anything... Could use double-sided tape or something, but that just seems... less reliable.
10.84@131 w/4.13" pulley
Old 03-09-2023, 02:22 PM   #42
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Zip tie it under the brace by fuse box and headlight?
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote