Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-11-2018, 10:49 AM   #813

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Seems most of the criticism is of the SS front....I think the non SS look is a good move to make them more unique...buuuuuttttttt...

I just don't see the reasoning for not putting the bow-tie in the center....The design here is reasonable and a good change for the T-4 and V-6....But the location high up of the bow tie is a totally avoidable unforced error...Is it just me, or does this placement of the bow tie look out of place?...One more notch down on the grille, and all would be well...lol

Name:  Capture8.JPG
Views: 759
Size:  143.8 KB
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:50 AM   #814
Quinten_33

Drives: Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPODFAN11 View Post
Honestly...it pains me to say this, but the more I keep staring at it, the less...weird/strange/offensive/ugly it becomes to me. I think a LOT of it, as usual, comes from GM's craptastic press shots they put together. Outlets that have been reporting on the T4 1LE drives, the base front looks good actually, although camoed up. The only decent shot they did of the SS it that top down style head on shot.
I agree
Quinten_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:57 AM   #815
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf View Post
I hear you. And yes, i can agree with the sale tanking. I just dont understand why they can change the look of the vehicle and not tune the car a little more performance wise on the lower trim under the SS. Especially the turbo models when under the hood, it has so much more potential. However mpg may plummet. Looks/Design will ony go so far regarding Sales. But performance spec-wise increases will please both the consumer and sales looking for a change in engine spec/cosmetic tweaks.
They have increased performance of the turbo by a whole lot by offering a 1LE package on it. Nobody will buy the turbo for its 0 to 60 performance but now folks may look at it as a cheaper alternative as a bone fide track car - because it is.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:59 AM   #816
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
If you go back and look at the 2019 refresh predictions thread you will see, many of us were hoping General Motors would have a low-cost V8 option and people were saying Chevrolet is smart they do product research they are a billion $ company they’re not stupid they know what the customers want , they do research and people don’t want a low-cost V8. Now the same people who don’t like the refresh are saying General Motors is stupid , this car is ugly they don’t do any product research they don’t know what people want. Blah blah blah. LOL
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:01 AM   #817
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Seems most of the criticism is of the SS front....I think the non SS look is a good move to make them more unique...buuuuuttttttt...

I just don't see the reasoning for not putting the bow-tie in the center....The design here is reasonable and a good change for the T-4 and V-6....But the location high up of the bow tie is a totally avoidable unforced error...Is it just me, or does this placement of the bow tie look out of place?...One more notch down on the grille, and all would be well...lol
The SS is the source of most of the criticism.

the base cars look is not as offensive as the SS but I think its still off. the base cars look like they are smiling.

Agree bow tie should be 1 more nothc down
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:02 AM   #818
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
For me all these changes blend into a non-offensive, unobtrusive, politically correct design update that makes one not even notice the car on the road. Not overly craptastic, but nothing to desire either, and it now looks much like everything else.
Couldnt agree more. And hopefully this will actually translate into higher sales as the present SS model was overly enthusiast vs broad market focused styling wise. And lower trims were very plain looking. Plus this still leaves "in your face" ZL1 for extroverts with deeper pockets.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:06 AM   #819
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
If you go back and look at the 2019 refresh predictions thread you will see, many of us were hoping General Motors would have a low-cost V8 option and people were saying Chevrolet is smart they do product research they are a billion $ company they’re not stupid they know what the customers want , they do research and people don’t want a low-cost V8. Now the same people who don’t like the refresh are saying General Motors is stupid , this car is ugly they don’t do any product research they don’t know what people want. Blah blah blah. LOL
And this is before any word on new pricing. Tons of assumptions all over the place at the moment.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:06 AM   #820
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
It’s a good thing General Motors is not interested in selling any Camaros like many of you pointed out in the 2019 predictions thread. Chevrolet is very happy selling the least amount of cars because their profit per transaction is higher. So none of this matters like what it looks like or what the sales are doesn’t really matter. Ha ha
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:06 AM   #821

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
The SS is the source of most of the criticism.

the base cars look is not as offensive as the SS but I think its still off. the base cars look like they are smiling.

Agree bow tie should be 1 more nothc down
The first 5thGens had a smile as well....These 6thGen refreshes for the non SS should be smiling....They look better and cost many, many thousands less...lol
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:12 AM   #822
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
I think interior space is great as it is. It is a sport car not a family hauler afterall.
It's not great. This why GM is stuck. They listened to the "don't change much" from the 5th to 6th Gen, and it clearly hasn't worked. So they will need drastic changes to survive and more interior room will help the cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
It’s true if you need the room get the challenger. If they’re all the same size we lose variety
And many people are, as it has passed the Camaro in sales, and popularity quite frankly.
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:12 AM   #823
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
the smile isnt as evident in the head on shots, but on the front 3/4 shot it is very smiley lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:13 AM   #824
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post

Attachment 929494
I liked the pictures of the non SS silver convertible immediately. It seems obvious to me they softened the look to tone down the aggressiveness of 16-18 models that looked masculine.

The taillights look great and I'm on record suggesting the old Malibu outie approach back in Nov 2014. SS buyers are getting a bonus to get the dark lights standard.

The black bar across the front was unexpected but my immediate reaction was the look is aggressive in the extreme. The bow tie look out of place however.

So.. Softer base to appeal to more then men and increased aggression in the SS.

I'm curious if there will be new graphics (does a hash still fit the design?) and will the be a LT5 model?

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:18 AM   #825
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Also. All theses renderings and suggestion aren't going to change a thing. This wasn't a focus group release, this is the final design. That's how it works.

Recall all the hate for the rear wing spoiler during the 16 release? I was a little surprised they didn't do something there in the refresh.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:20 AM   #826
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
It's not great. This why GM is stuck. They listened to the "don't change much" from the 5th to 6th Gen, and it clearly hasn't worked. So they will need drastic changes to survive and more interior room will help the cause.

And many people are, as it has passed the Camaro in sales, and popularity quite frankly.

I dont believe for a second that a back seat room has anything to do with sales success of a sports/muscle car. Challenger has sold well because it offers the most trim levels of the 3 pony cars. Incl awd version for those not being able to afford a summer only toy. But i agree, listening to "what people want" vs what people actually buy are aften 2 different things. Gen6 is a good example of it.

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!