Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Thread Closed

Old 12-14-2016, 06:19 PM   #29
FlowForm_Wheels

Drives: Turbo 4, SC V8 and Twin Turbo V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyal_Mcneff View Post
I have a question...why would some companies opt out of TUV? Is it a cost thing?
TUV testing isn't cheap, but if I'm honest I'm not positive I would have the right answer for you on that though. I could hazard a guess as to why they wouldn't want to certify their manufacturing facility or their product, but I don't really want to speak on behalf of the other companies who may have a different reason than I would assume.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:22 PM   #30
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
2 sets of rims with them and no problems.
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
Old 12-14-2016, 07:40 PM   #31
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Ever consider that the Shipping company damaged them.
Probably not

Old 12-14-2016, 07:41 PM   #32
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Quote:
I have a question...why would some companies opt out of TUV? Is it a cost thing?
If you don't sel in that market. Why would you?

Old 12-14-2016, 08:03 PM   #33
Doyal_Mcneff
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
Ever consider that the Shipping company damaged them.
Probably not
Sure, but to have not one but TWO rims that were center bent with no marks on the box tells me one of two things. The quality sucks, or the quality control sucks. If they were dropped during shipping, and not hard enough to make a mark on the box, then I would hate to see what a pot hole would do to them...

The bottom line is center bends happen from serious impact, from the manufacturing process, or from minor impacts if the rim is structurally weak.

Like I've said before...the MRR rims are lighter than forged rims, and that's a problem when it comes to strength.
Old 12-14-2016, 08:06 PM   #34
Doyal_Mcneff
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
If you don't sel in that market. Why would you?
Because it's a measure of quality. Same reason why hre manufactures all their rims to pass TUV even if they aren't selling those models in that country.
Old 12-14-2016, 08:10 PM   #35
Doyal_Mcneff
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bybcous View Post
2 sets of rims with them and no problems.
That you know of. Go have your wheels balanced after 5k miles and look at the run out. You can't always feel bends in the rims while driving.
Old 12-14-2016, 08:34 PM   #36
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
I'm not trying to be rude and actually wasn't going to post but this seems more like a bash the manufacturer thread instead of a "hearing" from other members thread like you said you wanted. I have no dog in this fight but people have told you their experience but you keep going on about poor manufacturing and certification. These guys have told you they have had great experience but you continue to try to discredit the product.

It appears that certification is very important to you but guess what, most people don't care. Since it's not a required certification in the U. S. then most people aren't going to ask about it or even worry about it.

It seems you are very frustrated. If you aren't happy with MRR then you should directly address it with them or in the sponsor section but to continue it here is a bit childish.

My .02 cents

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
Old 12-14-2016, 08:46 PM   #37
Doyal_Mcneff
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub_ETCS_ret View Post
I'm not trying to be rude and actually wasn't going to post but this seems more like a bash the manufacturer thread instead of a "hearing" from other members thread like you said you wanted. I have no dog in this fight but people have told you their experience but you keep going on about poor manufacturing and certification. These guys have told you they have had great experience but you continue to try to discredit the product.

It appears that certification is very important to you but guess what, most people don't care. Since it's not a required certification in the U. S. then most people aren't going to ask about it or even worry about it.

It seems you are very frustrated. If you aren't happy with MRR then you should directly address it with them or in the sponsor section but to continue it here is a bit childish.

My .02 cents

Well I'm sharing my experience and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm also making people aware of some things they may not know. Certs mean nothing to me. Having a straight rim does though. Are you insinuating most people don't care if their rims are straight?

There have been plenty of people that have had great luck with MRR and that's great. I thought my second set was good until I had them checked out to be certain.
Old 12-14-2016, 08:48 PM   #38
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Well I'm sharing my experience and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm also making people aware of some things they may not know. Certs mean nothing to me. Having a straight rim does though. Are you insinuating most people don't care if their rims are straight?

There have been plenty of people that have had great luck with MRR and that's great. I thought my second set was good until I had them checked out to be certain.
Not insinuating anything. Good luck with educating.

"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
Old 12-14-2016, 11:42 PM   #39
Miacamaro77

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Got my mrr wheelset about a week ago. I notice on the highway they need to be rebalanced. I thought no big deal but after reading this i admit theres alittle concern. Will rebalance this weekend and post results. Hoping for the best
Old 12-14-2016, 11:54 PM   #40
Nothwinds

Drives: 2016 SS Camaro
Man, reading all this stuff sure makes me feel uneasy about the set I have ordered.
Old 12-15-2016, 12:36 AM   #41
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothwinds View Post
Man, reading all this stuff sure makes me feel uneasy about the set I have ordered.
What stuff? One Whiner.
Make your own decision when you get your wheels.
Don't let someone with an agenda ruin your enjoyment of a Great Product that will enhance your ride.

Old 12-15-2016, 03:53 AM   #42
GoneBoy

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub_ETCS_ret View Post

My .02 cents

+1

Closed Thread